“Please!! you gotta stay here” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7755 Jericho Turnpike, Woodbury, NY 11797   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodbury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Yonkers
“Please!! you gotta stay here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

Even if you live in the area it is a wonderful place for a short break.We stayed there for 4 days in March.We were introduced to it last year when we stayed there for a wedding at Oheka Castle a short distance away.That time everything was so rushed and frantic ,we did not have time to savor everything that was on offer.this time we did ,It was wonderful,the rooms food service could not be faulted.
We were given a room a long way from the elevator when we checked in but although it was beautiful we wanted to be near the main areas to keep an eye on our 9 and 10 year olds who wanted to explore outside.We asked to be moved and gave our reasons ......we were cheerfully moved by the ever present Frank to another beautiful suite.We cant wait to go back again towards the end of the year.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Bethpage, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

I am a Long Island Receptive Group Tour Operator. I help bring motorcoach groups to Long Island. It takes a lot of time and energy. Part of what I do is put travel itineraries together. This way when the group of people arrive to Long Island, all they have to do is follow their itinerary to get to and from various points of interests and attractions.

It's also my job to help them select overnight accommodations. For the first time I chose and had the pleasure to work with the folks at The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel. They assisted me like no other hotel has. They helped me with planning a full two day travel itinerary that included attractions on the Island I didn't even know existed. The group I had went to Old Westbury Gardens, Sagamore Hill, Coe Hall and the Vanderbilt Mansion.

The hotel had just enough double bedded rooms for my group since most of the folks in the group stay in or need double beds. They also took very good care of the motorcoach driver and the tour guide. The hotel people greeted us on the bus, assisted us with luggage and had a welcome gift bag waiting in every room, which was not expected. They also made sure we had some extra time to eat from their delicious buffet and they gave us a private room right off the lobby to dine.

They also brought us over to the restaurant afterwards where there was some live entertainment and some good drinks. The whole group got their wake up call on time and they had time to eat the huge breakfast that was served. The group was so impressed by the Inn's graciousness and customer service.

I plan to continue to use the Inn, whenever I get a group comign to the Island and visiting Nassau County. The experience was absoluteely pleasant. The hotel was a bit more costly than some other not too far away; however, I did not want to take a chance and I knew they hadd really worked with me on their prices because of the time of year and the size of the group.

• Stayed April 2009
Rifle, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

My daughter was traveling for business and I tagged along just for fun! We were able to turn her business trip into a very fun time for both of us. The first thing we noticed when we arrived were the beautiful plants and decorations everywhere on the property. The interior was every bit as beautiful; newly renovated and very plush. The room was great for us, as it offered a bedroom that was separate from the living area. A full kitchenette is in each room, as well. We loved the fact that their rates included a breakfast buffet every morning as well as dinner Sunday through Thursday. The food was very good and we never felt like we were eating the same thing over and over as happens at some hotels that offer breakfast, etc. You must visit The Rose Hunt restaurant that is on the same property at least once while you're there. They serve lunch and dinner only. The atmosphere is very nice and the food terrific.

Everyone at The Inn at Fox Hollow was extremely nice and very helpful. Neither of us had been to New York before, so we wanted to do some sight seeing. They all suggested different things for us to do and helped us figure out whether it would be best to drive our rental car (with the help of a Garmin GPS system) or take the Long Island Railroad or a cab. We explored some of Long Island, Manhattan and Brooklyn. All very fun! We can't wait to go back in the summer time!

• Liked — Plush bedding and excellent service
  • Disliked — Nothing to complain about!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

I stayed here for a week in January for a combination of work and sight seeing. What a Beautiful property! I could definitely tell that the rooms had just been renovated as they said, and the amenities were perfect. They include breakfast everyday, and dinner every night except Friday and Saturday. The food was all very good, and the dinner had a theme each night. Plus wine or beer was served with dinner, and that was such a great end to a busy day.

The room also has a kitchenette complete with a full fridge, and microwave. This was a very nice feature since I was there for an entire week. The location of the hotel was great for what I was doing. Good location on Long Island for my business meetings, and the Long Island Rail Road was only a few minutes away for the days I decided to go in to Manhattan. During the weekdays they have a courtesy shuttle that will take you to the LIRR station. On the weekend the cab ride is only about $8.

Everything about the Property was just beautiful. I’d love to go back in the summer time because you can tell that the grounds are very well kept. The outdoor courtyard looked beautiful even though it was winter time. They have a great workout room, I only went their once, but thought it was very good for a Hotel. The free WiFi throughout the property was wonderful. The Rose Hunt Restaurant next door at the catering hall, is very good. You must visit the Rose Hunt at least once.

One of the absolute best items for me was the Staff. They were all so helpful, when I mentioned I had not been to the area before they went out of their way to help me with fun ideas of where to go. The shuttle driver also gave me great info about Manhattan and which streets to walk, etc. I can definitely see that if you stayed longer you’d quickly feel like the staff is your family.

Obviously I highly recommend The Inn at Fox Hollow, and know I will be back many times!

• Liked — Location, and Quality of the rooms
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

I had my wedding at the property next door, so I booked rooms for my wedding here and also stayed 2 nights myself. The rooms were spacious and clean. And the staff I found to be generally helpful. Although I had to request a couple of handicap rooms for our grandparents and had to put up quite a fight to get them as the hotel only has 2. You would think it would have been easier to get them as we had guarenteed about 12 room nights at the hotel between all of our guests! And you would expect a hotel of this size to have more than 2 handicap accessable rooms. The evening dinner was very nice. And the breakfast in the morning was excellent! Overall we were very happy with the hotel.

• Liked — comfort, bfast/dinner, beautiful decor
  • Disliked — bfast ended early
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Bethesda, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

We stayed here for a wedding. They allowed us to check in a few hours earlier than check-in time. The room was nice and spacious with a kitchen and bathroom sink separate from the toilet and shower which made getting ready easy. The bed was quite comfortable as well. We had a private brunch so I'm not sure what the typical breakfast is in the morning. Some things need to be upgraded such as the fixtures but overall it was a nice stay.

• Liked — Spacioiusness of room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

Stayed for 1 night with two other people to tour Sagamore Hill and had a very large suite with kitchen. Beds were comfortable and breakfast and dinner were included. Service was fine and establishment was very clean. Only problem was noise level - I was next to the catering building instead of poolside and the noise level was loud until about 12 am. My suggestion would be to ask to stay near the pool.

• Liked — Large room and comfortable beds
  • Disliked — noise level next door
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel? Share your experiences!