“First Class Accomodations” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Woburn, United States
“First Class Accomodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was extremely impressed with the room and all of the amenities. Checking in was a very pleasant experience and was handled by a very pleasant member of the registration staff, overall, the service was excellent. The location was very easily accessible and the grounds are beautifully maintained and well groomed, one couldn't ask for anything more.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
innatfoxhollow, Manager at The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for your great review, Richard! It sound like you had a really nice time with us at, The Inn at Fox Hollow. We are so happy our staff could provide excellent service and that you could enjoy your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thank you again!

Gina Sabatini- Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Westport, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Upon arrival at the hotel and check, I paid for 4 rooms for 2 nights each. The manager on duty was very helpful and assured me that the rooms will be all set when the other guests in my party checked in. When my son checked in, he was told he did not have a reservation. By the way his name is the same as mine, Wiliam R. Taylor. The front desk attendant was different from when I checked in. They finally found the reservation and gave him room 230. Later, when the minister and his wife checked in they were given room 230. Fortunately, they came to our room first and when they told me their room number I went down to the front desk and complained. The front desk clerk still could not figure it out. Lastly, another guest we has staying (I believe in room 304) had no air conditioning in her room and it was 86 degrees all night long. She could not sleep at all. Her A/C unit was not fixed until about 2 pm that afternoon. In our room, the A/C was also not working properly. When I mentioned it on Thursday, nothing was done. When I mentioned it again on Friday, the technician came, said the unit was frozen and that he adjusted it and it would start working in about 20 minutes. He came back 45 minutes later and it was still frozen. He said to give it another 20 minutes. An hour and a half later I went to the front desk as he had stilll not returned. Finally he was sent back and he got the A/C unit working. However, the next day when we were getting ready to check out, the temperature in the room was over 74 degrees when the thermostat was set at 68. Overall a very poor experience on many levels

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, Mr. Taylor. I sincerely apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. I am sorry to hear of the difficulties locating your son's reservation and the inconveniences with the air conditioning. We certainly want all of our guests needs to be accommodated and your comments have been shared with our management team.

I would love the opportunity to discuss your stay and experiences with you directly, and am confident that I can restore your faith in us. I can be contacted at 516-224-8185, or ginas@theinnatfoxhollow.com. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Gina Sabatini - Guest Services Manager
New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Posted on DiscoverLongIsland.com are discount coupons for early bookings. The booking clerk at the hotel did not know anything about the discount. I booked the room, and called the manager the next day, he said would take care of applying the discount. He did not so I spoke with another manager, she was very rude and said no to the discount. We stayed in beautiful Cape May on the ocean instead.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize for the difficulties during the reservation process, and am sorry that you were not able to stay with us. I appreciate your comments as this helps us become the very best we can be. If you would like to personally discuss your experience or if I could be of any assistance with reservations in the future, please contact me directly at 516-224-8185 or ginas@theinnatfoxhollow.com. I hope that we have the chance to welcome you in the near future!

Gina Sabatini - Guest Services Manager
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Our wedding reception was at the Fox Hollow, and we just celebrated our 10th anniversary there. Same suite as 10 years ago... Just beautiful. Great restaurant where the staff helped recreate our bridal table. Roses and champagne awaiting us after dinner. A sumptuous breakfast buffet. Lovely grounds for strolling. Very helpful staff. Not cheap, but worth it!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife and I just needed a quick (2 day) getaway. We noticed this on Travel Zoo and thought we would give it a try. We are very glad we did. The rooms are extremely comfortable. The linens and towels as well as the other appointments are upscale and fit our expectations. As others have noted, the hallway noise can be a bit loud on limited occasions. We enjoyed the breakfast (much better than a Hampton but not as good as a Marriott) and the dinner buffet far exceeded all expectations! Public areas are nicely appointed, too! Overall, a great stay and highly recommended!!

Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Pros: Huge clean rooms, excellent amenities, comfy king sized bed, and exquisite breakfast buffet.
Check-in was fast and front desk was friendly.
Great price for wedding parties or other large events.
Housekeeping goes the extra mile: I left my Kindle Fire HD on the bed when I checked-out. I called the hotel a couple hours later but housekeeping said they didn't find it when they cleaned the room. After speaking with the front desk and trying to figure out what happened to my Kindle, we figured the housekeeper simply bundled the sheets and comforter together then threw them (with my Kindle) down a large laundry shoot to the basement for washing later that evening. Luckily the laundry is done late at night so housekeeper went down to the enormous pile of dirty laundry and painstakingly sifted through until she (or he) found my Kindle :-). Housekeeping gets a gold star from me!

Only one con: parking around back and walking to front of hotel to use front entrance (since many rooms are in back) - all back doors are permanently closed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hackensack, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My daughter's wedding was at the Fox Hollow. From the moment we stepped onto the grounds I knew it was the perfect venue for their wedding as it had an old-world elegance with modern amenities with a very professional staff. Appetizers were better than dinner, but booze may have affected my taste buds.

Excellent venue for a black tie/formal wedding. Brides - hire a wedding planner to do your running around, attend to details, exercise due diligence and perform the grunt work so you, your parents and the guests can enjoy the festivities.

The room my husband and I occupied was a 2 room suite with french doors separating a BR from the LR. It was clean, quiet, modern and comfortable. The bed was VERY comfortable (I'm picky). AC/Heat worked fine. Bell hop met us at the car parking was not an issue. The breakfast buffet ended at 10:30 so late sleepers were disappointed but there was an excellent selection while it lasted.

Guest were in the pool on Memorial Day. Shuttle to LIRR was a convenience to those using public transportation - reserve in advance.

Critiques: One of our guest had plumbing problems but a call to management ameliorated that issue with grace; not enough wait service at breakfast; more storage-shelving needed in the water closet (shower-toilet); room service is a bit pricy ($7/liter san pellegrino ?) bring snacks and beverages for the fridge; lights did not work at the gazebo - so no family wedding photos there :-(

I would definitely stay overnight again.

Room Tip: Check out where the emergency exits are and use the stairs. I wandered the halls in a drunken stupor...