Well, it looks like we are the 'odd' people out. Didn't care for the place at all and felt that it certainly wasn't worth the price we paid. Yes, the staff was friendly, but that's pretty much were it stopped. While the room was large and clean, the furniture was dumpy (think 80s), the toilet lever broke, no AC but only an ancient (and ineffective) fan.
However, what really made us decide never to return was that we were charged not only 15.00 for the roll-away for the 3rd person in the room but also an additional 50.00/day for ---- WHAT? Spending 500.00 for a 3-day stay for bare bones accommodation (no breakfast etc.), certainly was not good value for the money.
- Also Known As:
- The Thompson House Hotel
- The Thompson House Hotel Windham
- Thompson Hotel Windham
- The Thompson Hotel
- The Thompson House Windham, NY - Catskill Region
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over five generations, families and groups have joined us for traditional hospitality and wholesome entertainment here in this northern Catskill Mountain resort. Located in the beautiful town of Windham, NY, The Thompson House is the ideal place for any type of getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Thompson House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.