My wife's family has been coming to The Thompson House for over 50 years, during the July 4th holiday. This has been my 8th time going and each time, it has gotten that much more enjoyable. I just came back home yesterday and I really miss it already. The grounds are immaculate and the rooms are spacious and clean. My 3 kids, ages, 9, 7, and 3 absolutely love it. Eric, Debbie, and their 3 sons are wonderful hosts and they will do anything to make your stay that much more enjoyable. Breakfast and dinner are included. The food is very good and the wait staff is excellent. There are daily activities such lawn dice, word games, boche, and shuffle board tournaments. The pool is outstanding. It really is a place (well Windham in general) where you can be as busy or as relaxed as you like. I may head down there for Labor Day weekend. I am not sure if I can go a whole year without another visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over five generations, families and groups have joined us for traditional hospitality and wholesome entertainment here in this northern Catskill Mountain resort. Located in the beautiful town of Windham, NY, The Thompson House is the ideal place for any type of getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Thompson House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thompson House Hotel Windham
- Thompson Hotel Windham
- The Thompson Hotel
- The Thompson House Windham, NY - Catskill Region