“Delicious meal, beautiful view, gracious host & hostess” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Albany, New York
“Delicious meal, beautiful view, gracious host & hostess”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

My Mother and I went to the Point Lookout Inn in June of this year for an early dinner, and had an absolutely lovely experience. We had the choice to sit in either the beautiful indoor dining room or the outside terrace. Since it was rather warm out, we chose the dining room and were seated at a table with a stunning view. We each enjoyed perfectly made cocktails, which is a rarity as we almost always need to have them adjusted to our liking, and had time to enjoy them and take in the scenery before our appetizer arrived. Every item of food, including the bread basket, was delicious. I thoroughly enjoyed my lite portion of Pasta Mediterranean (and still had enough left to take home), and my Mom loved her Pasta Francese. The fact that we were able to enjoy our meals at our leisure, without being served plate after plate of food with no breathing room in between, was refreshing and very much appreciated--especially in this day and age when most restaurants rush you through your meal so they can turn the table as fast as possible. Ron, the owner and host, stopped at our table to chat with us and was warm, witty, and hospitable. He proudly and very kindly showed us around the inn and was utterly charming. It was a fantastic dining experience and we can't wait to return. We plan on staying at the inn as well because the rooms were lovely too!

• Visited June 2011

“Fabulous View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011 via mobile

The Point Lookout Mountain Inn and the Victorian Rose Restaurant are fabulous. The view was fantastic and the food was delicious. The owners and the wait staff were very accommodating, personable and attentive. It is well worth a stop when in the beautiful Catskill
Mountains.

Laval, Canada
“A unique and unforgettable restaurant in the Catskill region!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stoped to Point Lookout restaurant with my motorcycle group during a ride in the Catskill region for a long weekend (June 24th-26th). What a service ! They made their absolute possible to accommodate a group of 17 people and succeeded! I felt like a princess and the food was very good. They payed attention to details. The view is great and the old style decor makes for a irrealistic athmosphere. Thank you again Laurie - Big kiss to you and all the personnel. For sure we will come back again.

Annie (Quebec, Canada)

• Visited June 2011
Massapequa, New York
“Excellent Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Living on Long Island I have had my fair share of excellent dining and good food and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how excellent the food was. My spouse and I both had seafood dishes. The appetizers, entrees and dessert were exceptional and the seafood was some of the best I have ever had. The service was also excellent. I highly recommend dining here! We visited over Memorial Day Weekend 2011 and were not disappointed with anything.

• Visited May 2011
Catskill Region, New York
“Incredible view, but disappointing dining experience...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Unfortunately this was a very disappointing experience. I cannot deny that the view is amazing, however, the food and the decor leave something to be desired. The atmosphere in the dining room, while it may appeal to many, is a 70s chalet genre. The theme of 'Taxi' playing in the background, the diagonal wooden tongue-and-groove walls, office-style ceiling tiles, a musky old damp smell and cold dining room temperature do not compliment the five-state panoramic view.
After a long wait the food arrived cold. The wrong sauce was presented with the satay beef, the twice-baked potato was admittedly served on the wrong plate, several cold entrees and no steak knives served, left us wondering if we really this was "the best voted restaurant in the area" (Apparently in 2004).
The saddest part of dinner - the huge bill. If the bill had been 50% of the final total, I wouldn't have felt so disappointed. Sorry but I will not return nor recommend the restaurant at Point Lookout.

• Visited March 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
FiveStateView, Owner at Point Lookout Mountain Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2011
Thank you very much for your informative review. We will heed your input and make some needed changes as the business permits. We are always working to improve our genre at the Inn & Restaurant. Our intentions are for every guest to have an enjoyable time while they visit. We are disappointed that you did not have a great visit and hope we can serve you better next time. This amazing place is so special and will eventually be forever public. We hope to create a Landmark Attraction here at Point Lookout and thank you again for stopping by. May God Bless You Always.