“Catskill Lodge, Windham, NY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Catskill Lodge Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windham
Catskill Lodge Bed and Breakfast
350 RT 296, Windham, NY 12496   |
Offers & Announcements
30% OFF for April stay!
Ranked #3 of 10 Windham B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Catskill Lodge, Windham, NY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was an amazing find! Mike and Kelle, who run the lodge, are wonderful Lodge managers, helping me organize my 3 day adventure in the Catskill region. The accomodations were very clean and comforotable and the home cooked breakfast increadible. I highly recomend this lodge for a relaxing and cozy stay away from home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
acmill99, Owner at Catskill Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We strive to provide a cozy and peaceful environment in which people can relax and unwind. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

199 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
South Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I came to Catskill Lodge for his birthday and had an absolutely amazing experience. We received very clear directions on how to check ourselves in at night and had access to restaurant/activity recommendations right away even though it was 10:00pm! We woke both mornings to amazing big breakfasts of eggs, bacon/sausage, & french toast/pancakes with fresh coffee and orange juice. Kellee and Mike had great recommendations on what else to do in the area. We had already planned a ziplining tour with New York Zipline Adventure Tours (which was amazing!) and they told us about different hiking and restaurant options in town. We were also able to use the hottub which was very well kept, new and clean. Everyone staying at the B&B were also kind and provided for fun conversation at the breakfast table. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Windham which was a very nice room and perfect for just the two of us. It has it...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The catskill lodge is the perfect escape from the city. An easy three hour bus ride from NYC and you find yourself in some beautiful mountains. The room we stayed in (Delaware) is perfect for a couple getaway: spacious, with a private entrance and a cute bathroom. Like most of the other review before we have to praise the delicious breakfast and very good service. The staff is also very knowledgeable about the area and gave wonderful tips on fun activities.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I booked my room and then called to confirm 2 days in advance to MAKE SURE that they would be open during hurricane Sandy. I am in an RV and needed a safer place to stay for 2 nights. They told me that they would be open unless the power went out BEFORE I checked in.
So, today, on my way there; 2 1/2 hours before my checkin time they called and said,
"I know that this is last minute, and there are no power outages, but we've decided to close for the next few days anyway......Sorry"
So there I was with nowhere to go. Thank you very much. I drove around for a while, stopping at hotels that had no vacancies or were closed. I finally found a dump with a room in the back out by the garbage dumpster....but it was the last open room, so I had to take it and pay the premium price. BECAUSE EVERYBODY ELSE GOT TO BOOK IN ADVANCE, LIKE I THOUGHT I HAD.
Thanks again, I will never book at your place and neither will anybody I ever talk to.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
acmill99, Owner at Catskill Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
On 10.28, you reserved online for 10.28 and 10.29, and then called right after that to say that you actually wanted a room for 10.29 and 10.30. Our Innkeeper made sure that you knew that the storm was coming and said there may be power outages. When you asked what what happen if the power went out, she said that it would be dealt with at that time.

Imminent warnings about Hurricane Sandy were all over the news and Weather Channel, that it would be wreaking havoc on the East Coast and up into our area, with power outages predicted. All guests who were due to stay with us cancelled because of the impending storm.

As we continued to follow the weather and news, it was clear that there was indeed going to be damage in our area because of Hurricane Sandy, and based upon our experience last year with Hurricane Irene, we knew power and/or water outages were very likely. We felt it would not be prudent to take you as a guest given the likely severity of the storm and resulting power outages.

We decided on 10.29 in the early afternoon to call you to let you know that we were going to not take guests (all other guest had already cancelled because of the storm), because of the Hurricane Sandy. We did not do this to inconvenience you, we did this as a favor. We did not want you to have to be here with no power and/or water. We were concerned about your safety and well-being. Power outages, water leaks, and falling trees because of high winds were all a threat.

We refunded your $10 deposit, apologized, and offered to give you the phone numbers of two other places in the area (and told you that we did not even know if they may be open/taking guests because of the weather). You declined to take the contact information.

Sure enough, Superstorm Sandy rolled into our area, and not only knocked out our power (10 minutes before your scheduled 3:00 p.m. check-in time), but caused many water leaks in our B&B and fallen limbs. Had you been here, you would have been without power, just as we suspected. Also, our town was "a ghost town", as described on the local news channel. All businesses closed. After suffering through Hurricane Irene last year, we all took precautionary measures.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience you suffered.
Lambertville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in October with Mike and Kellie and were extremely pleased with everything... comfortable room and bed, wonderful food and fantastic hosts. They helped us with places to go and things to see and made our first visit to the Catskills memorable. We would recommend the lodge to anyone. Hopefully, we'll make it back someday.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

This was my husband's and my first time at this b&b and we had a wonderful time! The b&b was a old home, with new updates and a lot of character. Mike and Kellee are very warm and welcoming. The rooms are very clean and warm. I definitely recommend this b&b. We will be back for another weekend getaway.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I had stayed 3 nights at the Catskill Lodge in summer 2011 and wanted to include the Catskills on a brief autumn trip to the Northeast with my wife. After checking out several places, we settled on the Catskill Lodge because of its location (mts near Windham), views (of some high peaks, especially from the second-floor porches), great breakfasts and historic building. Since my last visit, the lodge is under new ownership (Kellee and Mike) who are giving extra attention to long-term maintenance needs while maintaining this B&B's well-deserved reputation for high quality hospitality. We look forward to returning yet again, maybe bringing more of the adults in the family. (There's a discount for return visitors.)

A tip for an easy hike: try the Diamond Notch Trail from the end of the Spruceton Road. It's a nearly level walk of about a mile (one way) beside a beautiful Catskill stream to a waterfall. In summer, bring swim trunks!

Room Tip: The Phoenicia Room is on the 2nd floor in the turret. It's spacious (as rooms go) and right nex...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Catskill Lodge Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!