“Wonderful getaway!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
westbury ny
“Wonderful getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

What a great place to hang your work shoes and just get away from all the hustle and bustle! My husband and I had such a nice stay here. We stayed in the Madison and was very impressed by how clean and comfortable it is. Only one slight problem and that was the noise coming from another room upstairs. Lots of young kids. But that didn't really hinder the fact that that would stop us from coming again!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
South River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here at least 6 times and it is second to none. if you are looking for peace & quiet then you have found it here. There is no cell phone service so if that is an issue you have to go into town and pull over at the side of the road. It doesn't get any better then this. The only thing you have to watch out for is if there is a family reunion, wedding or a function of that nature as it can be a little loud. Terry and Nick are the best with their daughter Nicole always on the premises. Start a fire, relax in a jacuzzi, the sedish sauna or do nothing. Have a great stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Upstate, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is one of the best places in the world. It’s like heaven on earth. Each time my husband and I go we are never ever disappointed. The grounds keeper and the “Welcome” committee are so nice and the experience is quite, pleasant, comfortable and very intimate (if you know what I mean)!!!
Each morning is like amazing and during the evening is when it really get “turned up”. I recommend this place for a nice quite relaxing get-a-way for the two of you; or for the family. My husband is very hard to please but we have been there twice already and looking to hold our “Couple’s Retreat” there very soon. It’s a must see for all “mothers and fathers/boy toys and girl flirts” in three letters it’s an OMG experience. Go, find out for yourself why it’s the greatest place ever….we did!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, but "The Jefferson" is everything and more...
Dutchess County, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Paul Revere Suite at Cuomo's Cove on Independence Day weekend. We checked in at some kind of community room, as the innkeepers were setting up for a Christian Music concert that night (which we were invited to attend - umm, thanks but no thanks). They do not offer breakfast, which is a shame since it looks like that community room would be perfect for it. The innkeepers did make a great breakfast recommendation though (Micheal's Diner, see my other review).

OK, first, the good stuff:

The Revere Suite is a two floor suite with full kitchen, working gas fireplace, two-person Jacuzzi, one and a half baths, with the full bath being downstairs and consisting of a two person shower with dual shower heads, and also complete with a bidet! Where do you see a bidet outside of Europe or South America?? Furnishings are very nice, and the wood panel accents really give the place a warm look. The living room allows access to a small deck with a table and chairs and a gas grill, which we did not use. The deck offers a nice view of the mountains, but it's not a private deck. The Queen bed upstairs at first seemed very soft and I was afraid it would offer no support. However, it turned out to have one of those memory foam mattress toppers and was actually very comfortable. There's a phone in the suite with it's own number that's connected to Verizon VoIP, so you can make and receive calls anywhere in the continental US for no additional charge. The VoIP unit also served as a wireless access point for our phones, which came in handy. For AT&T customers though, the cell service is almost non-existent.

Now for the not-so-good:

My number one biggest issue with this suite is the lack of privacy. Maybe this is just a personal thing with me, and perhaps most visitors don't have a problem with it, given the number of 4- and 5-circle reviews the property has received. But hear me out...

The lower floor of the suite offers floor-to-ceiling windows along the one wall, complete with two Anderson doors, also full glass, that lead out to the access to the small common deck. This makes for a very light and open feel for the room, but it also means anyone walking along that access deck can look right into your suite. The fixed windows had curtains that could be drawn, but the two Anderson doors had no coverings at all. These doors face the stairs that lead to the second floor; on the other side of these stairs is the full bathroom, meaning anyone coming out of the shower, especially at night, would be facing two full glass doors looking out onto the common deck. Furthermore, at the top of those stairs is the two-person Jacuzzi tub. It just seemed a little creepy to me. To be completely fair, however, we did not notice anyone on that access deck while we were there, and maybe it doesn't get enough traffic to warrant blinds, but it made us feel very uncomfortable. The door in the suite that opens to the back deck also has glass panels and no blinds, so anyone on that deck could see right into the living room. Finally, the upstairs half-bath has a regular window (no privacy glass), and again, no blinds. So anyone in the bathroom at night would either have to leave the light off or risk being seen by anyone outside. And again, to be fair, this part of the suite does face the back of the property and the mountains, but I personally would have been more comfortable with some additional privacy.

Second issue was cleanliness. In the downstairs bathroom, we found one long dark hair on the bidet, almost going to the shower. Anyone cleaning the fixtures would have seen this; it made us question how thoroughly the bathroom had been cleaned from the last guests. In the kitchen, the floor felt sticky, the top of the stove was not clean, and the counter top between the stove and the refrigerator was very sticky. We cleaned this with a little dish soap and water and it was much better We did not use the stove. The microwave and fridge (which we did use), were clean. The issue with cleanliness was actually a surprise, given that I had read the TripAdvisor reviews before booking the suite. It could be this was a one-off circumstance and the room was caught between longer-term bookings (we only stayed for one night), but in my opinion, each room should be clean (and especially the bath and cooking areas) before turning over to the next guest. Don't get me wrong, the suite wasn't filthy, but I certainly expected better.

Another issue: at least one of the reviews mentioned paper-thin walls. We did not have any noise issues from other guests, but we did hear the aforementioned Christian Music concert very clearly through the floor in the living room, so there are some sound insulation issues as well (actually, it sounded like it was a pretty good performance; maybe we should have attended ;-)

So overall, this was a very well-appointed and equipped suite, and the inn is run by very friendly innkeepers, but has a few fatal flaws that keep me from recommending it. With a little extra attention to cleaning the room and a bit more privacy, this could easily be a 4- or 5-circle property.

Room Tip: The road leading to the office and rooms, while paved, has long, deep ruts. A low ground-clearance...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

If you are tired of the city and want peace and quiet , recommend coming to Cuomo's Cove!! Breathtaking view,great service, kind staff to help you relax! Very clean suit, pleasant environment , full kitchen , nice bedroom , great living room !!!!!!! We had so much fun and didn't want to leave. We'll defiantly be back in the winter!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Waukesha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My new husband and I stayed in the Jefferson Suite for our honeymoon. We were only supposed to stay there two nights before we moved to a different location, but decided to scratch that plan and stay at Cuomos. Nichole was incredibly kind and was able to accommodate our last minute request. We had our own hot tub, beautiful view of the mountains, porch, and a very nice bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom. I cannot recommend this place enough. It is beautiful, affordable, and incredibly relaxing.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed in the Adam's Suite and it will go down as one of our favorite places. My wife and I travel for a living and have consequently become travel snobs. This place goes above and beyond expectations. Our room was clean and very cozy. Some highlights would be the barrel maple ceiling, the jacuzzi, and the double shower heads. Great finish work in this room.

Terri and Nick also made us feel right at home. One of the kindest couples we've met in all our travels.

If you are looking to get away and relax, I highly suggest this place. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Cuomo's Cove? Share your experiences!