We booked a last minute weekend at Christmans for a ski weekend at Windham. It worked out great. We got in very late, near 11pm, and no one was at the office, but they had left a registration card for me to fill out and sign with the room key next to it. Very quaint, but also proficient. They had already placed our requested roll away bed and extra linens in the room. he room was very basic but comfortable, blow dryer, fridge and tv were all servicable. No in room coffee, but no bigee - they leave that stuff out in the Inn (a separate building). Breakfast is included - for free?? and it was pretty good - not a cheap spread at all. Hearty country breakfast is availabe for a eparate charge and it was very good. No reason to stop anywhere else before hitting the slopes - just 1 mile down the road at Windham. The property has lots of out buildings and one is the old (but still used) sugar shack where they boil sap into syrup. They have a flat screen tv, foosball and air hockey along with couches and a wood stove they kept stoked all night. A nice place to hang out and a great alternative to sitting in your room on the foot of the bed like every other hotel in the world. At $120/night ($144 with the two kids added) it was a bargain and the kind of place that we would return to.
- Also Known As:
- Christman`s Windham House Hotel
- Christman`s Windham House Hotel Windham
- Christman's Windham House NY - Catskill Region
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windham NY mountain resort, hotel, getaway, restaurant, bar, golf, skiing, equestrian, jacuzzi, AC, summer Pool, wireless, cell, pvt bath, newly renovated rooms, suites, efficiencies, packages, families, groups. One mile from Windham ski mountain. Great value, immaculately clean rooms, fine dining, 300 acre resort grounds, 27 golf holes, championship 18 hole course. Largest golf practice and learning facility in NYS. Family owned and managed for 50 years. ... more less