My husband and I have been to Christman's Windham House more than once for golf school. The Ben Sutton Golf School, based in FL, has a branch at Christman's. It's great to go there when the weather is hot here in Philadelphia. The climate and scenery are unbeatable. The hotel is quite old, with ambience to match. We've stayed in two different rooms in the main hotel, and both have been large, well appointed (for a country place) with a balcony and a small fridge for cold drinks. Staying in the main hotel building means a short walk downstairs to the dining room for meals and just across the street for golf school. Or for getting your clubs to play a round. The staff is super friendly and accommodating. One of the best things about the hotel is the food. It's fabulous. Breakfast is breakfast, but lunch and dinner are delightful with a variety of choices. Of course there is also a full bar and a tavern across the street offering live music on Friday night. The last time we were there, they even had a circus set up on the 9th fairway for all the townfolk (and guests) to enjoy. If you want a spa vacation with a swimming pool and those amenities, go somewhere else. If you want friendly staff, comfortable accommodations, and great food, try Christman's in the Catskills. Very easy to get to from most parts of the northeast. Less than 30 miles off the Thruway and close to other interstate highways.
- Also Known As:
- Christman`s Windham House Hotel
- Christman`s Windham House Hotel Windham
- Christman's Windham House NY - Catskill Region
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windham NY mountain resort, hotel, getaway, restaurant, bar, golf, skiing, equestrian, jacuzzi, AC, summer Pool, wireless, cell, pvt bath, newly renovated rooms, suites, efficiencies, packages, families, groups. One mile from Windham ski mountain. Great value, immaculately clean rooms, fine dining, 300 acre resort grounds, 27 golf holes, championship 18 hole course. Largest golf practice and learning facility in NYS. Family owned and managed for 50 years. ... more less