I did stop here with Mom & Dad in the early '60's. The view was awesome, the gift shop was open, but not the inn. After a couple of owners...Check in today.... You are welcomed by Ron & Laurie...Your room is very clean and comfortable. Now, look out the window to see the Famous Five State View. Just relax and unwind. Have dinner downstairs. Oh yes...You are not staying in just any inn! The Food is fantastic, the carefully prepared menu sure to have something for everyone. The food is prepared just for you. Take your time...have dessert. Enjoy the friendly atmosphere at the bar when you have a nitecap. Breakfast...fresh coffee, cereal hot or cold or a fresh baked egg, veggie... (what is it? dunno, but so good!). Help yourself, relax, take your time. Oh yes! Enjoy the view over breakfast or go back to your room and take in the view again! Every room is different. Yes, No, not brand new! That is the difference here! You are "at home".
Some may want something different....
------Go to a chain hotel overlooking the NYS Thruway. The staff is paid to greet you--they may smile if they are having a good day. Your food
is taken from a freezer and warmed for you.---Go ahead! Do not look for me...I will be in a lovely inn with good friends, looking at the Five State View!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Captain's Inn Point Lookout is historically located 2000 feet high in the Catskill Mountains. It has an unprecedented Five State, 180 mile view into Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, & New York. It is in close proximity to Windham Mountain, Hunter Mountain, and offers a huge variety of year round activities,Fishing, Hiking, Mountain Biking, ZIP LINING, Boating Kayaking, snow-shoeing, Snow skiing, snow boarding, Leaf peeping, sight-seeing, scenic drives, Golfing, hunting, discovering, The Great Northern Catskills. The Restaurant has received accolades for its performance and vows to continue to be better. A wonderful place to come for a getaway, a delicious meal, or a quick bite to eat in the lounge. Family friendly with a great children menu. Call for reservations or directions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Captains Inn Point Outlook reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Point Lookout Mountain Hotel Windham
- Captains Inn Point Outlook Windham, NY - Catskill Region