“Brilliant and Exciting!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Beds On Clouds to your Saves list
Booking.com Expedia.com
Beds On Clouds
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   5320 Main Street, PO Box 787, Windham, NY 12496   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Windham B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Brilliant and Exciting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I just came down from Ottawa and fortuitously found Beds on Clouds. Having traveled and stayed in B&B's all over the world, I have to say this is one of the most luxurious and hospitable B&B's I have ever found. Rebecca and Susumu were warm and extremely generous hosts. The breakfasts were on par with any French restaurant in which I've eaten. I compliment you both and I will definitely be coming back to stay again in the near future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
SoCal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed in Windham last weekend for a family wedding. Charming B&B with personal service from the owner/operator Rebecca and her gourmet chef, photographer, artist husband, Susumu who cooks and presents a fabulous breakfast that is included. We stayed there two nights with daughter and oldest son. Each room is individually decorated with a different theme, tastefully done. Cant' say too much about the village of Windham, but I understand there is some very good skiing in the winter. Fall foliage would be spectacular, for a quiet weekend in the Catskills.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Warwick, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I had a very pleasant stay at this charming Inn! The hosts were so welcoming and accommodating and friendly. I have food restrictions and contacted them ahead of time about it. They shopped and prepared and cooked me a delicious breakfast. The Inn is very cozy and pleasant and attractive and clean, with beautiful gardens. The feather beds and feather pillows are so comfortable! Rebecca was very helpful about local activities and restaurants and directions. They also have lead a very interesting life so it is fun to talk to them and hear their stories! I would definitely recommend Beds On Clouds and we are hoping to return for another visit... :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband found this by chance 3 days prior to us coming to the east durham Irish festival. As always my husband knows how to pick and find the most amazing things. When you stay please get to know the owners. It's Germany and Japanese combined in such an amazing combination of art, food and conversation. The breakfast is phenomenal. By far the best omelette I have ever tasted. If you have celiac or other food restrictions they will accommodate it for you. Look around the art gallery and make sure you look around the rooms at evey detail. We will be here again in the very near future. Don't skip over this bed and breakfast. It will be one to remember.

• Stayed May 2013
New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to go away for my birthday. We stumbled upon "Beds on Clouds" on multiple websites with great reviews, and we decided to book. We stayed for two nights, three days and Rebecca (the inn keeper) was incredible. She was extremely helpful with directions and suggestions to what we should fill our days with. Each morning we awoke to a fresh pot of coffee, fresh fruits, and breakfast made with all organic ingredients. Our stay was absolutely perfect, the food and the service was just remarkable. Our bed was huge and comfortable and our room was spotless upon arrival. I would recommend this bed and breakfast to any couple wanting to get away from their stressful lives. Rebecca is one of the nicest, most accommodating business owners on this planet. We will be going back for sure. Thank you Rebecca for an amazing weekend and birthday :)

Room Tip: sunset room is perfect for couples, king size bed and dvd player with a shower large enough for two
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingston, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The resort is very friendly and the food is the best I have ever tasted. Will definitely return.
Chef Sato cooks with the best healthy ingredients. He grows his own herbs and some of the vegetables. His art studio at the back of the house is spectacular and well worth the visit.

Room Tip: I go with the color I like mountain clouds
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I made a reservation for that place online through the beds on clouds website.
After I finished with entering all necessary information, I got the page on the website which said that my request is going to be processed and will be confirmed by email. I never got this email. In ten minutes or so I decided to cancel my request since it was still proccessing (as I thought).
I sent an email to the email provided on the website where I asked you to disregard my inquiry and do not charge my card. I didn't get any response on that during next 3 hours, so finally I decided to call.

Rebecca (the inn keeper) picked up and I talked to her very politely and respectfully while trying to explain my situation, but she was interrupting me all the time not letting say a word. She said, that my request was proccessed long time ago and she has no idea why didn't I get any confirmation email. She said they are not responsible for the system they use, which I found ridiculous and told her about that. She replied with smth like "girl, don't teach me how to run a business, ok". She added, I should have called instead of booking online - that would be much more smarter and would help to avoid such situation. So her bottom line was that if I want to cancel, she would charge me 20%. She also stated that she never got my cancellation email.

I was in the state of shock from such customer service. I told Rebecca, if we can't figure out it now normally I would be forced to call my bank and dispute the charge. From that point Rebecca became completely mad, saying smth about "white" rights which she also has (as well as I do), screaming smth, then she told me she is not going to refund me anything and hanged up the phone!

Approximately in 20 minutes I got an email from her, where she sad "it was a tuff day, sorry" and she also said she will charge me 10% instead of 20%.

These guys from Beds on the Clouds weren't able to provide neither a normal online booking experience nor the good customer service over the phone/email, though I think they are responsible for both. I would never ever consider this place as a place to stay at and I would def not recommend it to anybody. Maybe rooms are nice and food is good (according to previous reviews) but who wants to deal with such an attitude on a vacation?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
NYChaCha, Owner at Beds On Clouds, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
May 5 .2013 I
In Response to" Terrible Experience"
Beds On Clouds is a bed and breakfast business in beautiful Windham,NY in the Northern Catskill Mountains. One can call us for a reservation or go online to affirm an accommodation for ones stay.
Each hotel and BnB have policies,as do all businesses who work with the public. These policies are fair to all concerns,as in minimally covering our cost for a cancellation using a credit card,as well as making sure our potential guests get as much of their money back.

Reservations are treasured, so delayed confirmations,no communications are disastrous as YOU ARE OUR BUSINESS. Beds On Clouds has been in business for 10 years and has faithfully taken good care of its guests. Refunds have been given honestly and fairly in each necessary situation,as in this case, according to our policies and in a timely manner.

In looking over our guest roster for the month of April 2013,there is no signed-in for guest for this person as a couple .She has not been on the Beds On Clouds property to our knowledge.

Although this occurence is regrettable, we hope that it will not act as a deterrent to anyone from coming to beautiful Windham and Beds On Clouds to experience our special community , its beauty and our "Divine Hospitality" that we are well known for.

Rebecca Segerstrom-Sato

Been to Beds On Clouds? Share your experiences!