“Best food I have ever had” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beds On Clouds

You added Beds On Clouds to your Saves list
Beds On Clouds
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   5320 Main Street, PO Box 787, Windham, NY 12496   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Windham B&B and Inns
Kingston, New York
“Best food I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The resort is very friendly and the food is the best I have ever tasted. Will definitely return.
Chef Sato cooks with the best healthy ingredients. He grows his own herbs and some of the vegetables. His art studio at the back of the house is spectacular and well worth the visit.

Room Tip: I go with the color I like mountain clouds
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I made a reservation for that place online through the beds on clouds website.
After I finished with entering all necessary information, I got the page on the website which said that my request is going to be processed and will be confirmed by email. I never got this email. In ten minutes or so I decided to cancel my request since it was still proccessing (as I thought).
I sent an email to the email provided on the website where I asked you to disregard my inquiry and do not charge my card. I didn't get any response on that during next 3 hours, so finally I decided to call.

Rebecca (the inn keeper) picked up and I talked to her very politely and respectfully while trying to explain my situation, but she was interrupting me all the time not letting say a word. She said, that my request was proccessed long time ago and she has no idea why didn't I get any confirmation email. She said they are not responsible for the system they use, which I found ridiculous and told her about that. She replied with smth like "girl, don't teach me how to run a business, ok". She added, I should have called instead of booking online - that would be much more smarter and would help to avoid such situation. So her bottom line was that if I want to cancel, she would charge me 20%. She also stated that she never got my cancellation email.

I was in the state of shock from such customer service. I told Rebecca, if we can't figure out it now normally I would be forced to call my bank and dispute the charge. From that point Rebecca became completely mad, saying smth about "white" rights which she also has (as well as I do), screaming smth, then she told me she is not going to refund me anything and hanged up the phone!

Approximately in 20 minutes I got an email from her, where she sad "it was a tuff day, sorry" and she also said she will charge me 10% instead of 20%.

These guys from Beds on the Clouds weren't able to provide neither a normal online booking experience nor the good customer service over the phone/email, though I think they are responsible for both. I would never ever consider this place as a place to stay at and I would def not recommend it to anybody. Maybe rooms are nice and food is good (according to previous reviews) but who wants to deal with such an attitude on a vacation?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
NYChaCha, Owner at Beds On Clouds, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
May 5 .2013 I
In Response to" Terrible Experience"
Beds On Clouds is a bed and breakfast business in beautiful Windham,NY in the Northern Catskill Mountains. One can call us for a reservation or go online to affirm an accommodation for ones stay.
Each hotel and BnB have policies,as do all businesses who work with the public. These policies are fair to all concerns,as in minimally covering our cost for a cancellation using a credit card,as well as making sure our potential guests get as much of their money back.

Reservations are treasured, so delayed confirmations,no communications are disastrous as YOU ARE OUR BUSINESS. Beds On Clouds has been in business for 10 years and has faithfully taken good care of its guests. Refunds have been given honestly and fairly in each necessary situation,as in this case, according to our policies and in a timely manner.

In looking over our guest roster for the month of April 2013,there is no signed-in for guest for this person as a couple .She has not been on the Beds On Clouds property to our knowledge.

Although this occurence is regrettable, we hope that it will not act as a deterrent to anyone from coming to beautiful Windham and Beds On Clouds to experience our special community , its beauty and our "Divine Hospitality" that we are well known for.

Rebecca Segerstrom-Sato
South Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights and found the place lovely, clean and well located in town.
The couple that own the place were delightful and the breakfast each morning was spectacular. They really tried to make us feel at home and were very sincere about making our stay special.
We found the whole experience very relaxing.
Sandy

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Very nice room, excellent breakfast, interesting place to stay. Rebecca was very helpful with accomodations. They went the extra mile to make us satisfied!
We'll definitely come back.
Kids enjoyed the beds and the roof window at night ;)

Simona

• Stayed March 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Rebecca made us feel at home and the accommodations were excellent. We felt like we were at an art Gallery with Soto's photography and artwork covering many of the walls. It was a great weekend, I would definitely recommend Beds on Clouds to anyone, especially if you are looking for a good hospitality close to Windham ski resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I greatly appreciated all that these folks do to feed us "clean" food. Also the shower with the wonderful water filtration and the toiletries is fantastic too. My husband and I were the only guests and we loved every bit of our stay.

There are great restaurants within walking distance. We also had a nice hike!

Highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent a winter weekend at Beds on Clouds and have nothing but good things to say about our stay. The bed and breakfast is conveniently located in the heart of Windham, with restaurants, entertainment, and skiing all within close proximity. The place is bursting with character, as are the proprietors, Rebecca and Susumu. The complimentary breakfast was excellent, and Rebecca had no shortage of advice and entertaining conversation. Our bed was extremely comfortable, and the room was well kept. The rate was also extremely reasonable for such comfortable accommodations and such a convenient location. I can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Beds On Clouds? Share your experiences!