“Poor Service for Over Priced Food with a Manager that does nothing!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wilson Boat House Restaurant

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Holley, NY
“Poor Service for Over Priced Food with a Manager that does nothing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Went to the boat house for dinner and for 24 dollars I received three shrimp and two scallops over risotto. My boyfriend had the half chicken dinner for 19. Our waiter started off great but went down hill with service. It took forever to get our first drink. Then we were served our food and he checked one time to see how it was. After that nothing. We purposly put our empty beer glasses on the edge of the table to show him we would like another drink. Well he didn't get the hint. Next thing you know he was bringing the check saying are you all set. I said I guess we are. Then he left without even a thank you for coming have a nice night. He said nothing. So I immediately go find the so called manager which he was the bar tender. He said he was the manager but I am not buying it. HE DID NOTHING. he offered us a free beer. I said no thanks I wanted a beer a half an hour ago and I left. I will never be back. Maybe to enjoy the free music from the grassy area but never step foot in the establishment again. Poor poor service and overpriced food. I got diner service for want-to-be 5 star rated food.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Good but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We visited the Wilson Boathouse on a Sat evening. It was a gorgeous day so it was packed. We waited about 45 min for a seat outside. I was surprised to see how limited the menu was. It consisted of mostly pricey entrees. There were no sandwiches or burgers or simple appetizers. Despite this, our meals were very good. The ribeye was quite big and served as requested over delicious french fries that had a slight hint of garlic. My husband ordered the porkchops which was served over mashed potatoes. The demi glaze sauce was outstanding with a hint of sweetness from peaches. We had no alcoholic drinks and the bill was just over $50. It is a nice view but let's face it, you're not in a south Florida harbor looking at giant yachts. The boathouse harbor is somewhat congested and it's basically sailboats. The bathrooms were less than desirable. It was quite obvious that no one had tended to them for quite some time. Overflowing wastebaskets and paper all over the floor. The outdoor bar was nice and a great venue for watching bands. I would probably only visit the Wilson Boathouse again to sit at the bar and have a drink or enjoy a band play. They do pull in a great crowd though!

Hummelstown, PA, United States
“Lovely evening by the water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This restaurant is located right on the water near the harbor. I ordered the Thai pasta and my friend ordered the seafood biscuit. The food came out surprisingly quick and we both had clean plates. Our waitress was prompt and very nice. They were very understanding when we wanted to change our seats from inside to outside on the deck. There are some cute little shops nearby to stop at after your dinner. You must be willing to pay a bit meal for your meal though!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“DELISHI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I hadn't been to the Wilson Boat House in years but since it was a beautiful night, dinner by the water seemed in order. My aunt & I both had the fish fry & were very happy. My fish was heavily coated but crispy. The fish was sweet & juicy & the coleslaw tasted fresh. Portions were HUGE & we both brought half home. Linda our server was attentive & helpful. We will certainly be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lockport, New York
“Terrible food and overly priced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Had the fish fry for dinner. Fish was overly breaded and greasy, fries cold and coleslaw tasteless. All at $14. The view is nice but I can walk out on the pier for nothing. My advice...pack your own food and sit along the pier!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere