“Awful and Dirty” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Williamsville
Waterford, Canada
“Awful and Dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed here before and after a flight out of Buffalo and parked our cars there. This hotel takes your keys and when we were waiting for shuttle a family was frantic as they needed their key to get something from car and hotel could not find keys. Entrance to lobby has two sets of doors that have no wheelchair button and do not open automatically. Check in was fast and we had two connecting rooms. The furnishings in rooms were fine- flat screen tvs, microwave and little fridge. The rooms however were filthy. There were unknown drippings on doors-hair on bathroom floors- dust everywhere clock radio, top of headboards etc.-grime around taps. We did not complain had an early flight. Coffee was either non existent or cold in the lobby- in the morning two of us got coffee my husband was told by front desk person that he would make some "later"...we were leaving. On our return home we stayed one night again. They did not have any connecting rooms so had two rooms close together and I told them we had very dirty rooms our first night. The bathroom in our room appeared to not have been cleaned- toilet seat was up and when putting down noticed hair around hinges and yellow guck.......also comforter had a yellow clump of something on top of one of the beds......dust everywhere and lint/dirt noticeable on carpet-fridge had food particles clinging to wire shelving. I went to complain and front desk girl went to the person in office- I had picture of the toilet- office person told front desk girl to tell me the yellow gook is not urine but cleaning solution and the hairs well oops sorry we will give you a different room. The office person made no attempt to come out and talk to me personally but I could hear her talking to the front desk girl.......so we switched rooms and the next was slightly better but not much- did not care for the blood spatters on one comforter so got a new one. The next morning there were lots of cleaners about and we took note there was nothing on their carts that contained a yellow cleaning solution- there was blue, clear and foaming bleach. We also noticed that all cleaners seem to keep comforters in the rooms they do not wash or replace but you would think they would notice yellow clumps and blood spatters when making the beds? We met up with many cleaners on the long journey from room to breakfast and not one smiled or said hello. We found this in the entire hotel that no one was particularly friendly with the exception of both shuttle drivers we had- both were excellent, friendly, talkative. Breakfast was okay........tables not cleaned, food not labelled......unknown meat mixture which someone asked and it was corned beef hash. Nothing in the little fridge until one man who must have been before asked for yogurt and she brought out maybe 6 and put in fridge. The pool and hot tub area was very nice. The door to outside near our room did not lock so anyone can come in at any time. Shuttle excellent. We will not stay here again as hotel is far too dirty. I had questioned if there were renovated rooms at check in but office lady said to check in girl in a whisper I heard "It doesn't matter they are all the same" as she was looking in computer for available rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
NorthCentral PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stayed two nights...one on the flight out, the second when I landed 5 days later. This property is badly in need of a facelift. It's old, and worn looking. The Febreze that they used to try to cover the old smoke smell is a bit overwhelming, and doesn't quite do the job in the hallways. It was generally very quiet, other than the heating unit...which I eventually shut off in order to get some sleep. The shuttle for my flight out was on time, and the driver polite and helpful. The rest of the staff was friendly. However, on the return stay, the night clerk put me on the second floor. There is no elevator, and I had 60 lbs of luggage. The night clerk suggested that I just put it in my car. I ended up dragging it up the stairs. I did complain to the manager the next day, and was given a discount on my stay, with the assurance that I could get a first floor room on my next stay if I requested it in advance. With a bit of remodeling, this would be a nice hotel.

Room Tip: There is no elevator. If you have a lot of luggage, request a room on the first floor when you make...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed two nights to do some shopping. Hotel is in a good location although when arriving from the south, a U-turn is required to pull in to the parking lot.
Room was older and well used, but clean and comfortable.
We had an issue with our tv and maintenance was relatively prompt to come and sort it out.

We didn't try the breakfast due to the great breakfast places nearby, like Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans, but continental breakfast is available and there is also a bar that's open til 11pm.

Overall we knew what to expect with this hotel and got exactly that: a comfortable place to crash after a long day of shopping, reasonably priced and close to everything.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Orillia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night to do some shopping. Rooms were clean and beds very comfortable. Free toiletries came in handy as we both forgot our toothbrush (thank-you).
Only complaints were the window wouldn't lock and could not be fixed and the hallways smelled like smoke ( but not our room).
Breakfast was good. Coffee was yummy.
Checkin was quick and effortless. Hotel had free wifi although not advertised on website which was a nice surprise.
Overall happy with the choice to stay here and will use this hotel again in the future.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed at property for a couple days for shopping on black friday. Hotel is close to all shopping, rooms are clean but abit dated, furniture is kinda old, beds are new and comfortable and overall kept clean. This is an old 2 storey property from 60's most likely, they have kept it going and have made it comfortable and clean, but again it is an old property. Perfect place for a nights sleep and running around town but that's about it. Again overall it's clean.

Room Tip: We had business room, so had king bed, couch, fridge and stove. Was clean.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Brantford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have never booked a Park 'n' Fly experience, and was a little wary of having to leave my car keys with the hotel while on vacation. The overnight stay before flying out was good, room was clean and tidy, the breakfast was fantastic and the shuttle service to the airport was prompt and friendly (thanks Carmen!!) My vehicle was in the same condition as when I left. Timmy's is nearby for thirsty Canadians returning home.
I would stay here again - good value and service.

Room Tip: Traffic noise from main road may disturb lighter sleepers. Non-smoking rooms open into a hallway th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Cambridge ,Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed here for one night befire flying out on our vacation, the rooms where clean and ok also the swimming pool was a nice thing to do at night.The hot breakfast was great eggs, bacon, sausage , toast and bagels etc.I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!