“I Won't Be Back” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Williamsville
Laguna Beach, California
“I Won't Be Back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

For a hotel that is constantly booked, you'd think they made enough money to update the hotel and amenities. The room was old and outdated, the furniture looked like it belonged in a nursing home. My sheets were dusty and had strands of someone else's hair on them and when I pulled them back, there was some tiny bug on them (I thought it was a bed bug, I captured it in a plastic baggy and presented it to the front desk manager.) Speaking of insects, there was a spider on my ceiling! I was far too uncomfortable to sleep so I decided to take a shower. The bathroom was clean, but again, very outdated! And the wall-switch (to turn on the light) was crooked and dangling off exposing the hole behind it.

PS: there is no elevator! So me and my 60lb bag and to walk upstairs to locate our room. I wasn't made aware of this until I'd walked the length of the hotel (from the back entrance near my room to the front desk where, after I asked the front desk person, was informed "no elevator but its only 12 steps to the second floor.")

The next morning, I told the manager of my experience (and gave him the bed bug?) He was very kind and apologized and told me they do not have bed bugs, but he would make sure the room was thoroughly checked and sprayed for insects. He discounted my room, but I will not be back! The Clarion chain desperately needs to update this hotel! In every area from the bumpy, pot-hole filled parking lot to the outdated furniture.

PROS: nice staff, decent price, okay location.

CONS: old and outdated, dirty, dusty, bugs, outdated furniture, no elevator, hair on my sheets, holes in the walls...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
karas23, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
I am sorry for the experience that you had. I will investigate to ensure these issues do not happen again. We are updating our furniture this fall. We do weekly inspections to ensure we do not have insect problems, which includes taking down the headboards and mattress inspections. Our lobby renovations are beginning this November. I hope you can try us again. Once again, I apologize for you experience.
Michael Karas GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Durham, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We came in from NC (driving) and we stayed here. The facility was clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly. The kids had a great time at the pool! Great location, we did not have to travel far for anything. Overall it was a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. It is great to receive compliments as we are working hard to serve our guests. I am glad you had a great experience, and enjoyed our facilities. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for your wonderful comments.

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I went to a wedding and needed a place to stay after the wedding. We made reservations at the Clarion and I must say it was a great stay for the price. The location was great as it was near to everything (restaurants, roadway, it was even right next door to the reception site). The room was clean and nice and I LOVED the heated bathroom light. The red light kept the bathroom nice and heated so when I had to get up to use the restroom in the middle of the night it wasn't freezing cold, but warm and just right.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments. We are glad you enjoyed everything. We are renovating our lobby shortly and have a lot of exciting changes coming soon. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you stay with us again.

Cleveland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed one night. The property is a little on the old side, but I've seen some renovations taking place. Lobby was good, personnel were attentive, breakfast was GREAT. Parking was do-able. Tractor Trailers ( 53 footers) need not come, no place to turn around. Easy acess to and from the highway though. all in all, I will be back here to stay.

Room Tip: get a room on the back side, it'll be a little quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed for one night before flight to Florida and parked car at hotel. Front desk had to be reminded we were leaving the car, and were not particularly welcoming. Room itself was clean. Breakfast room and public areas did not smell fresh and were very worn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hillsborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hotel is a bit old and getting in and out of the parking lot is not super easy, but as far as having numerous restaurants to choose from, shopping available, and easy access to major roads, this is the place to stay. It is now a "staple" for us as we travel to Buffalo to go to the Ralph Wilson stadium to watch the Buffalo Bills play. This is the place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

For easy access from highway and local roads, this Clarion is ideal. The only right hand turn into the property however was a bit troublesome. Just 'do a U-ie' from Transit road and you will get there.
Nice front desk staff, good coffee amenities in the lobby. The staff uniform is of a more casual look. Nice!
The rooms were large and clean and the beds totally comfortable, even the pull out was fine. They offered a roll away bed right away as well, knowing we had a child and a king bed. But the pull out was good enough! All he bed linens were in the room that we needed. The AC was perfect. Pool was fine for the kids, a bit too cold for me, but I always find that with indoor hotel pools, they just don't heat them enough! Hot tub clean and hot though.
The breakfast in the morning was fantastic for a self serve. They even had some scrambled eggs and sausages to go with the standard make your own waffles and toast, cereal and bagels.
Very quiet hotel too, must have good walls. When we left, the parking lot was full, but you wouldn't have known it. Usually these places have teams or wedding parties running around all night. If this place did, we never heard them!
I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!