“I would return as a solo, but not bring my spouse” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 11 hotels in Williamsville
Gonic, NH
“I would return as a solo, but not bring my spouse”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This location was average in almost all areas. The parking area may have had a park and ride feature because the cars had tags and most of the spaces were in use. This is a two story location with no elevator. The carpet treads to the second floor were worn and falling off and I was concerned about the potential condition of the room. The room itself was actually odor free. The linens were fresh, the bathroom and bedroom were clean and the bed was firm and comfortable. I was on the second floor facing the highway. It appears if you want a quieter room you should request the non-parking lot or north side. Even with the windows closed there is a dull roar of traffic all night.long. I anticipated jet noise from the airport. I never heard a plane, but the tractor-trailers never stopped. I can sleep in that environment, many people can not. The water flow in both the sink and shower was very limited. Sometimes the toothpaste gets knocked off the toothbrush when hit by water. You could turn the toothbrush upside down and the water flow would not dislodge anything. The shower was slightly better, but still very minimal water flow. The last thing that would bother some people was the strong cooking food odor in the stairway. It was like being in a restaurant the smell of oil and spices was so strong. I would return here alone and if the price point was a little lower. I had an appointment down the street, Choice was running a triple points promo and I was only going to be there about 8 hours. I would not return if I was going to spend a prolonged period of time at the hotel. There was an indoor pool that looked very clean, but I did not use it.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, if you have trouble with stairs request the first floor. If highway traffic b...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
karas23, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your response. We have plans to renovate our lobby very soon, including our stairway carpeting. We hope you can try us again in the future to see our changes.

Michael Karas

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Brantford, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The hotel is a little dated but it is clean, the bed was comfortable, the bath was clean although there wasn't much water pressure but I was likely having my shower at the same time as many others were. The breakfast was okay, it was something quick before our flight. The staff was great, helpfull and very friendly. My only suggestion to light sleepers is you might want to try and get a room on the otherside of the hotel opposite the highway as trucks continue to fly by all through the night. The shuttle to the airport was great, at least getting us there, I will follow up when we get back and have to be picked up. There is also a pool and spa for those wishing to use it but too many kids for us.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the highway, it remains noisy throughout the night.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you, we hope you come and stay with us again!
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Convenient to BUF, but several properties are closer. Shuttle runs every 20 minutes. Older property, no restaurant, but there is a bar. Several chain eateries walking distance. Complimentary breakfast has hot items. Hallways need to be refurbished. Rooms have flat screen tv, and decent beds. Refrig and coffee maker. Probably wouldn't have stayed here if I was driving by, but it was an advance booking. Ok for one night, but not more.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you! We have plans to renovate our lobby and hallways soon. We hope to see you again.
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Like most folks, this was an overnight before catching a flight out in morning.
Best thing though, is 30 days free parking with a one night reservation... most other hotels in the area will charge you more over the basic 7 days. Parking was on-site beside actual hotel, so we were very handy to our vehicle.
At a 4 o'clock p.m. arrival, our room wasn't ready; however the front desk staff switched us to another room without any fuss but we therefore lost our 'adjoining room' status with friends.
Breakfast included all the usual things... waffles, hard-boiled eggs, breads & pastries, juices, cereal & milk... breakfast room was clean; furniture was old.
Room was clean but being an older hotel, signs of wear were apparent (dings & things). Bed was comfortable, sheets were crisp, pillows were those tiny, square things!
Shuttle service was prompt & included our group of 4 alone so we got to the airport in 10 min.
Being on Transit Road, every possible restaurant and retail store you could want is all within a 10 min. drive.
At 89.99, we were very satisfied.

Room Tip: If you have a choice, ask for a room NOT facing the expressway if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you and we hope you will stay with us again. We are constantly updating, and our lobby area is next on the list.
Hamilton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here for a Park and Fly. We were disappointed with the room. While the room was clean, it was pretty worn. The bathtub drained very slowly. The temperature of the shower was inconsistent. There was no lid on the toilette, and the it was difficult to flush. Paint was peeling everywhere, the carpet was worn. The hottub was out of order. The breakfast area was dirty. Its just not that nice of a place. In fact, its not even average.

That being said, the parking/shuttle portion of the hotel was great. The shuttle was quick. The parking was well organized. And it was a great deal. Of course, it is a little distance from the airport (10 min drive).

Would I stay here again? Definitely not. I would rather spend a little bit more and stay closer to the airport in something in a bit better condition.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry for the experience that you had at the hotel. I would like to find out what room you had so I can correct the issues with the room. We have recently renovated our rooms so perhaps this is a room we are working on now. We plan to renovate the lobby this year. I hope you can try us again in the future. If you are in the area again, I would like to take care of your reservation personally. I know we can make it right for you. Once again, I do apologize and I hope you can try us again.
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Eight of us stayed here on our recent trip to the sunny south. Great price for a park and fly. The staff were helpful although one of the two gentlemen at checkin made us feel like an inconvenience. The rest of the staff were very friendly. Shuttles were efficient and on time. No waiting. The room was clean and comfortable. Would certainly do it again.

Room Tip: Any room for a night
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Pelham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We have stayed at the Clarion numerous times the past few years. The great Park and Fly rate was always the main reason for us to choose this property. On our most recent visit we had a King Size NS room on the second floor. The room had been recently renovated and it was very nice, a good improvement over the older rooms.
Front desk has always been good and the shuttle drivers have all been great. We would like to send out a special thanks to young Tyler who picked us up from the airport a few days ago. We both thought he did a super job and enjoyed hearing about the exam he had written that day! It is nice to have such a freindly person driving the shuttle van.
I would not hesitate to book here again. ( There is also a great Pizza place named Picasso's almost next door that we always go to for good Pizza and Wings )

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Hotel Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!