“Don't EVER do it!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   48 Freeman Road, Williamsville, NY 14221 (Formerly Rodeway Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Williamsville
Stoney Creek, Canada
“Don't EVER do it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is honestly the WORSE hotel I've EVER EVER EVER stayed at in my life and I am a travel agent whose travelled around a bit.

It all started at the counter where they said my credit card was declined. I went right onto my banking and seen there was way more then enough to cover it then they told me ohhh well we have an issue with Canadian credit cards. They are sneaky I think here.

The pool was gross. The breakfast was a joke so was the area that they have breakfast in. The poor girl that was running that area looked like she was ran off her feet. She was also checking me out.

The room was so dirty and gross! Our bathroom door didn't close our lock (the dead blot) was off the door. The carpet was nasty and it smelt weird in the room. I even lysoled the bed too as I didn't know when the last time that was even changed.

It was so nasty so anyone reading this please don't stay here just book some place else!

Room Tip: Don't do it!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

When we got there it looked like the place was not cleaned for years. The carpets were so dirty and disusting and there were stains every where. Then in our room, we got a non smoking room, it smelt really bad, it smelt like mold and cigarettes. Then the bath tub was not something u would want to take a bath in, it was very dirty and smelly. It also looked like the hotel has not been renevated in 100 years, the furnature was very ugly and old. The beds then had holes in it including the blankets on both queen beds from our room and I thought that was very odd. Overall I would never stay there again, the only reason I stayed there was to go to walden galleria for the day with my family and it was the worst and dirtiest hotel, that looked like it has not been cleaned in years, that I ever stayed at and will not be going back.

• Stayed August 2013
Rome, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

A nightmare!!! Ruined our vacation. When we were arrived, the clowns at this place gave away our non-smoking room with two queen beds. Instead, we were given a smoking room. When I complained, we were told that we reserved a smoking room. Not true. Then, we were told that the only available non-smoking room was with only one king size bed. No cots available. That is when I left. No refund. In tears, I left with my family and returned home. All other hotels were full or very overpriced. It was 11pm. Other people there were complaining too. Shading characters were lurking around this place. Do not reserve a room here!!! You will be very sorry.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel SUCKS but was better last year under RHODEWAY INN MANAGEMENT.The hotel or more like "MOTEL" we went to really sucked. We ordered two Queen beds but it was actually two twins. The service was alright. We booked two non-smoking rooms that smelt like smoke. Everything here was sooooo OUTDATED, like the 70`s and had a bad smell too! The pool got really over crowded because it was way toooooo small. The breakfast had only cereal,bagels and coffee, not a really good selection. There was a creepy lady in the morning that worked there that kept staring at everyone leaving and entering, kinda uncomfortable if you know what i mean. The rooms where crowded and old, DON`T COME HERE!, you`d be better off to stay at the MICROTEL hotel thats right beside this place. Overall, this place is not worth your money!

Room Tip: GO TO THE MICROTELL INN that`s right beside instead!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

What a terrible experience! Upon entry you are greeted by a dark and dingy atmosphere: filthy carpets, grease coated walls and a stale smoke filled odour. This scenario was also carried into the rooms. The sheets, pillows and blankets were stained. When I looked under the matress pad there was a clump of hair. When I opened the drapes in the morning my hands were left with the fragrance of 'smoke' even when I do not smoke and it was a so called non smoking room. F The bathroom had a tub where the finish was totally worn off and the toilet tissue receptacle also contained some previous guests Qtips. The front desk was very prompt with a wake up call and offer of airport shuttle. Had I known the state of affairs as noted here I would have asked for a wake up call one minute after I arrived.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Second time there, never a third. Unfortunate. Go to the Motel 6 just next door instead.

Great area that is near to shopping, but far enough away from the hustle of downtown Buffalo. This Hotel though comes with dirty carpets, very poor paint-job, musty hallways and poor facilities and washrooms.
The beds were clean, but that was about it. Security at the different access points around the hotel don't exist. Come and go when you please, even if your not a guest.
This is rated a 1 star hotel in any country. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: No good clean rooms here so far in my two stays. Just the cost. You get what you pay for.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
roamingaround
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

As we approached the back door there is a pad lock on the outside so it seems people can be locked in. I looked up and the drop leaf ceiling had peices held in with wire because they were to small for the frame. As we walked up the stairs to our room my kids ask what is the bad smell. then we got to our room. Dirty was an under statement. I went into the bathroom to wash my hands and went to grab a towel to dry them and the towel had something red on it. I shook my hands dry. I then looked around the room. There was something on the wall hoping it was bbq sauce. There were holes in the door fixed with tape and painted over. The tv was an old one with a large tube. There is NO microwave, NO Coffee maker, No Mini fridge. The beds I assume are made of old card board boxes and the "pillows" were easliy folded into fourths for support. Aviod this place. Spend a few more dollars. The clincher was when my teenager went to the snack machine and said I would not want to touch the vending machine let alone eat something from it. This place convinced a teenager Not to eat, enough said.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!