“Poor Service” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Lockport
“Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I decided to visit the restaurant because he loves japanese food.We waited 45 minutes at the table for a chef.We ended up with the bus boy who was told to fill in as our chef because we were waiting so long management sent him over to grill our food.He broke all the eggs 4 of them all over the table. He dropped the utensils ,spilled the condiments and seemed monotone.He overcooked our steak and shrimp ect, We were very disappointed.He was a nice person but not a chef.The waitress was friendly and very apologetic but it was not as we had it enjoyed it before! Very rundown and They did not wipe tables down in between meals,I watched them put new plates down for the next diners and not wash the table,YUCK.....

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Lockport, New York
“First-time for hibachi.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I visited Shogun with literally years if anticipation after hearing so much about hibachi-style dining. We were immediately seated and attended to by a polite waitress. I got steak and chicken while my wife got steak and shrimp. Salad was okay but nothing special. Dumpling as appetizers, again nothing special. Our meals were just 'okay'. My chicken and steak was cooked correctly but I am NOT someone that can tolerate grizzle or fat. Since we didn't receive knives (custom I believe) I had to chew and chew and then spit out the grizzle into a napkin. Most people can chew this and swallow, I can't... Flavor was good, portion sizes were large. My wife brought home two meals' worth in a to-go container. The chef was mildly entertaining but didn't really 'WOW' us. But then again this was our first experience with hibachi. Overall I just left with a feeling of mediocrity. I would go back again but only if I had a coupon (which we did have a$35 'Groupon').

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Williamsville, New York
“Great food and entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have never had a bad meal. The steak just melts in your mouth. We love watching them cook the food in front of us. Always entertaining and each chef contributes something different. Jump at the chance to go!

Visited October 2012
Grand Island NY
“Fun for groups, food a bit better than ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Shogun is great for those who like the hibachi grill Japanese knife twirling chef prepared meal. Those who need to avoid sodium should beware. Salt and soy sauce are used extensively. The staff is friendly and does an excellent job of entertaining as they prepare your meal. The food is good but in my opinion not great. However to be fair my wife and son love it. Shogun is a great place to go to celebrate birthdays or for groups to be entertained while eating. Just a bit pricy but you are paying for the chef to put on a private show at each hibachi.

Niagara Falls, New York
“Best Friends Birthday Dinner Was A BLAST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

About 20 of us meet here for my best friends birthday dinner at the end of April. We had reservations & were glad we made them, because this place gets busy! The service was excellent, even if our group was slightly tipsy. The show was amazing, the food was great, and the price was good too! We all had a great time & brought home leftovers because the portion size is huge. The flavored saki as great. Overall - this is a must see! The show alone would make us go back , but the enviroment is fun & friendly. Perfect for a date, night out with friends, or a young childs birthday.

• Visited April 2012