“It's another Duff's. It's good.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bar, Chicken Wings, Sandwiches
Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating
Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating
Ajax, Canada
“It's another Duff's. It's good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My son voted to have Buffalo wings, which he had never had before, over some other (in)famous local places. He chose well, and later kept saying how much he liked the wings. Prompt, friendly service for our wings - ten medium (hot, of course), ten BBQ. All good and disappeared quickly, even though they were really hot (temperature-wise). It's all about the sauce. The fries were a bit on the plain side, but hot and crispy. Everyone at the table left some fries (but not veggies - hmm). If you don't want to get your face and fingers messy, just order the chicken fingers with whatever wing sauce you would like - more chicken/less mess.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Homer Simpson wouldn't have been happy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was pleased to see a new tenant in the old Ruby Tuesday location in Eastern Hills Mall, especially a wing specialist. The menu is confusing as each heat rating is referred up to one or two hotter flavors - medium is hot, medium hot is very hot etc. So you take a wild guess and hope for the best. My medium hot were indeed very hot but they came swimming in sauce and were very over cooked (many hard bits). The place is modern and comfortable and our server was a sweetheart. The patrons were all very decent people which always helps. Happy hour of buy one beer get one free from 3pm to 6pm went down very well. There are several deals on wings and pitchers of beer, also there are lots more items on the menu for the non wing customers. It could have just been one bad shift in the kitchen regarding the poor wings and we certainly will give it another chance now we know a bit more about the heat ratings.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Stay away from the new Eastern Hills location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

The wings I was served were overlooked and rock hard. Waitress never came back after dropping off food. I had to go to the bar to pay my bill because - no waitress!
I mentioned my concerns as I was leaving, doorman was not concerned.
My daughter sat with a group of girlfriends at a different table. I asked her how their food was: one girl said her wings were too hot and she didn't eat them. One said they were owner cooked. My daughter ordered the Buffalo wrap, it had no sauce, no "Buffalo" flavor, very plain.
I didn't complain because I won't embarrass people. I couldn't send my order back because I never saw the waitress.

• 1 of 5 stars Food