You added Microtel Inn by Wyndham Williamsville/Buffalo Airport to your Saves list
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Williamsville/Buffalo Airport
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Williamsville
NEW CASTLE,PA
“economical”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

Very comfortable and quiet. Mirotel is close to my work place. It is my home away from home.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Boone, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

On road trips, we often stay at Microtels. They're not fancy, but they're usually dependably clean & comfortable. This Microtel was neither. The room was filthy -- stained sheets, cigarette burn on window cushion, dust everywhere, carpet unvacuumed, toilet moldy, the tub drain was clogged, the bathroom lightbulbs were so low-watt you couldn't see clearly, the continental breakfast was pitiful, and the coffee undrinkable. I'd never stay here again, and I now question staying at Microtels altogether.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Westchester, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

The reception person at the front desk when I checked in was the rudest I have ever encountered. She had a bad attitude. When I asked her a question about the bill as the total did not match the amount that was online for the reservation. She refused to explain it and kept yelling at me to sign the charge slip. When I made the reservation, it said that I would be charged when I checked out not when I checked in.
The hotel itself is not terrible, very basic, the bed was confortable and the room was quiet. The bathroom was old and the bathroom sink has tons of terrible cracks that looked at first like a sink full of hair!!!
It's an ok place, it's reasonable but I think there are a few out there at the same price that I liked better than this one.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
tonykings, Owner at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Williamsville/Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2010
as the owner i would like to personally apologize for my front desk employee, they are usually under a lot of pressure during the evening hrs and are usually great with guests so for them to release some of the pressures from home or elsewhere is very unexpected for me
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

I stayed at this hotel over night while on a shopping trip with some girlfriends. There were bugs in the washroom, the bed was disgustingly dirty and we found a live bug in the bed once we woke up. We thought it was gross but didn't think of bed bugs right away. After getting home I noticed small bumps on all of our bodies...We discovered we were bitten by bedbugs and brought them home with us from this hotel. Besides the bugs, the staff was rude, the hallways smelled and overall it was rundown and not worth what we paid to stay there for the night.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Hotel accommodations were unsatisfactory, service was awful, the only positive is the location (5 minutes from the airport). Hotwire booked 1 bed and I needed 2 so called the hotel and a room with 2 queen beds was available but they wanted to charge me an extra $100 to upgrade which would make my price for this 2* hotel over $200 a night. When I informed the Microtel Manager that the rate showing online was only $40 more to upgrade, they said the online rates weren't updated and conveniently when I checked the website again 2min later, it showed that the night I requested was completely sold out. I would never stay here again...it should be listed as a 1*.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Hope Mills, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Chose this hotel due to location. Had to stay many days/ longer than desired because dying mother and no other hotels available. The room was barely presentable and in need of repair. I'm pretty tough/not a complainer but went home and developed rash which turned out to be 50+ areas of ringworm diagnosed by a doctor. Very disappointed and wondering if somene just cared enough to clean better maybe I wouldn't have suffered through this.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
singhWilliamsville, Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Williamsville/Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2010
Nothing hotel could do Ringworm is a common skin disorder, especially among children, but it may affect people of all ages. Although its name suggests otherwise, it is caused by a fungus, not a worm.Many bacteria and fungi live on your body.
Some of these are useful to you and your body. Others can multiply rapidly and form infections. Ringworm occurs when a particular type of fungus grows and multiplies anywhere on your skin, scalp, or nails.
Ringworm is contagious. It can be passed from one person to the next by direct skin-to-skin contact or by contact with contaminated items such as combs, unwashed clothing, and shower or pool surfaces. You can also catch ringworm from pets that carry the fungus. Cats are common carriers.

The fungi that cause ringworm thrive in warm, moist areas. Ringworm is more likely when you have frequent wetness (such as from sweating) and minor injuries to your skin, scalp, or nails.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

My friend and I just returned from an overnight shopping trip from Buffalo and had the unfortunate pleasure of staying at the Microtel Inn, which we had booked through hotwire.com.

It's not so much that we were kept waiting by the desk clerk upon arrival that put us off, or that they wouldn't give us a room with two beds. It was the fact that the place smelled of smoke and appeared to not have been thoroughly cleaned in years.

The room. Well, upon entering we were hit with the overwhelming smell of air freshener (that was probably over-used to cover the smell of smoke), the bathroom's cleanliness was questionable and the bed caved-in in the middle. Somehow, we did manage to have an undisturbed sleep, but I can mostly attribute that to my friend insisting that our room be switched from the first one in the hallway directly by the cleaning/furnace room/check-in counter, to one much further down the hall.

Continental breakfast is served until 9:30am, and it was unexpectedly decent. The desk clerk working in the morning was very friendly and attentive to all the guests - however, my friend and I were anxious to get out asap!

My advice: spend the extra money and stay at the Holiday Inn!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Williamsville/Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!