“wonderful” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Russell's Steaks, Chops and More is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 133 Restaurants in Williamsville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Freeman Rd
Description: 60 years of experience has all come together for owner Russell Salvatore, the consumate Dining Room Host. Specializing in steaks and a vibrant bar scene, Russ is always present to greet his guests and make sure everything is perfect. If its not? It will be by the time you leave, He guarantees it. Russ together with Mark Jerge, & Robert Bingel assures you will not find a more dedicated team to creating the perfect night for you.
Lancaster, New York, United States
“wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We were hesitate to try this as my husband is very fussy about his steak! Pleasantly surprised! We had the dinner for Two and it was more then we expected. Everything from the service to the dessert was a delight! The atmosphere and décor was lovely. Will be definitely be back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Everyone should try this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was one the best meals we've ever had! And it started with the first food on the table ...the bread and spreads.Warm and fresh and a surprisingly delightful combination of flavours,salty(the olive spread) and sweet(the honey butter) it was a little party in my mouth. Next came the apps...clams casino and PEI mussels. The best clams casino EVER and the second best mussels , the very best were actually in PEI ! And then came the main courses, filet Oscar which was amazing and filet poivre perfect! Both cooked to perfection and so tender they melted in your mouth.
The service was impeccable...Andrew was attentive,informative and genuinely nice. He always made sure that we had everything we needed and then some! His dessert recommendation was terrific!
We will be back for sure...the convenience of staying at such a lovely hotel with a fabulous restaurant right there is great.

• Visited March 2014
Buffalo, New York
“Valentine's Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Last year my boyfriend and I spent our Valentine's Day at this establishment and had a wonderful time. We decided to do the same this year and once again, loved it. Excellent customer service from check in to check out. The atmosphere is lovely as are the rooms.

I love that we can get ready in our room and take the elevator (or stairs as we knew we would eat like fatties) to get to dinner. Much better than the shuttle in winter. The bar is elegant and classy although we avoided it because of the volume. It was Valentine's Day after all.

Our server joked with us accordingly which was nice. There was one gentleman who seemed to be running the dining room. He was spot on with filling everyone's water, bussing the tables and customer service. We ordered martinis and a dozen oysters. For the price, the oysters were just alright. The chucking job left shells in my mouth on the last three. Next time I would try the mussels or something else. We also ordered salads which were good.

Our filets were delicous. My boyfriend's filet was a bit over medium which was a bummer. We both like our steaks medium rare. I told him to send it back and he protested. This was the first time one of our steaks was not cooked perfectly here but I could tell he was disappointed. Lobster mac n' cheese was amazing as always. Food was even delicious recooked the next day.

Even after the dinner voucher from our package was applied ($78) our bill was still well over $100. I think next time we will stick to the dinner-for-two menu as salads are included. I would say for the experience what we paid was fair. We both had cocktails and a glass of wine. It happens.

Breakfast in the morning hit the spot. Russell was there to greet us for dinner and was there at breakfast as well.

• Visited February 2014
Niagara Falls, NY
“Disappointed this time.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

To be fair, we have gone here several times in the past and have had wonderful service and delicious food. It's a great place for a special occassion. The bar is really super cool!! This last visit, not so great. We went with another couple in December right before Christmas. We were seated near a large group who were all part of a weekend overnight package with the hotel-and who clearly had wayyyyyyyy too much to drink. They were loud, obnoxious and truly vulgar. We addressed this several times with our waitress and by what she said, it appears that this happens often. I am more than sure several of the people around us complained as well. We observed someone from the restaurant staff address the group several times about their behavior-but nothing improved. I am highly surprised that Russell himself or the manager didn't address this personally with us or anyone else around us. Nor did we receive as much as a comped drink or any type of gratuity for putting up with this nonsense when we are paying so much for a special dinner! Speaking of the dinner, all our dinners good except my husbands ribeye was awful- chewy and stringy-not up to their usual standard. Unfortunately, we addressed this with the waitress as well-to no avail-she said sometimes it happens. Needless to say we were disappointed at the restaurants response. On our way out, we spoke about the group with a gentleman who we were told was the manager- again, "he understood but nothing he could do". We are not usually complainers,-and no strangers to having a good time- but this night was really too much-especially for the upscale type of venue they are trying to portray it as.For the amount of $$ we dropped (4 people-about $500-including wine) you would think someone would throw us a bone! We will rethink a return visit.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“The place for Steak in Buffalo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I have been here sevaral times, business and pleasure. Walking in to the lounge and seeing a game or concert on the 4 (10') TV's is overwhelming. The bar staff are friendly and very effecient. The host (Russell) makes you feel like you are a long lost friend. I have been to many steak houses and they are loud and tables close together. But not here, I was able to have a business discussion without the table next to us listening in. And the food!!!! The strip steak, the appetizers and don't froget the house made desserts..
I thought the wine list was fairly priced and the waiter made sure our glasses were filled. I highly recommend this place, even just for drinks to watch a game (but eat!)

• Visited November 2013