“Outstanding - only place to stay in Buffalo area” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Williamsville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Canada
“Outstanding - only place to stay in Buffalo area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

Huge rooms, clean, outstanding restaurant, great value and only 7 minutes from the airport. I Won't stay anywhere else.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for a one night getaway. We stayed in a Jacuzzi suite and had the dinner for two from Russells. Our first impression of the hotel from the outside was that is was new and very nice. Once we stepped through the revolving doors into the lobby we felt like royalty. The lady behind the counter was super nice to us. She greeted us promptly and explained the entire package we had paid for online to us. At that time we booked a dinner reservation for 8:30pm. We went up to our room on the third floor and were pleasantly surprised at how wide the hallways were and how nice and new everything felt. There were plenty of towels in the room which was nice since we had the jacuzzi. The tv on the wall was great and had so many channels to choose from. The shower was very large and it and the toilet are in a seperate room and the sink is outside the bathroom in the bedroom - not my favourite feature but it had a beautiful vanity and tap so it complimented the room. The jacuzzi was spotless - it was so clean and sparkly it felt like noone had ever used it. The beds are huge and comfortable and the sheets and pillows are equally great.
There are so many shops and stores on Transit road, this hotel is in an ideal location. Once we were settled and done shopping we got ready in the room and headed downstairs for dinner. Although we made a reservation we were told there was no table available and we'd have to wait. Not a problem, glad to see a full house. We went to the wonderful bar for a drink and watched a concert on the huge tv. In no time we were escorted to our table (a booth which was fabulous) The service and decor, workers and food contribute enormously to the wonderful ambience that is Russells. The food was amazing, we were full nearing the end of the meal but stuffed ourselves more just to keep experincing the tastes. The house bread and wine were wonderful and what can I say about the many servers who waited on us at each aspect of waiting, escorting, seating, and ordering.
Mr Salvatore himself was always around somewhere. What a classy gentleman. For him to be there and oversee things, dressed as nice as he was and acting so courteous to each guest was a refreshing sight. He clearly knows who to run a hotel where the guests feel like family and most of all, feel important.
We would stay here again and again.
The rates are amazing - i recommend a package rate to include dinner at the fine dining restaurant. Wear something classy - jeans just don't fit in.
Next morning was a full buffet breakfast. We were stuffed there too. Again Mr Salvatore was in the dining area saying good morning to guests and sitting in to have his own breakfast. There were so namy choices for food and servers were there cleaning up plates and filling up the buffet. It was great.
The hotel only has one elevator so if the hotel is full expect a wait. There are stairs right there but if you have all your luggage you'll want to wait for it. Next door there is a Tim's - we never went to it since the morning breakfast had such wonderful teas, cappacinos and coffees to choose from. This hotel is close to the airport, shopping and a main hwy. Don't confuse it with the Garden Place as they are two different properties. If you are a CDN and plan to shop in the states - hit the Walden and the Fashion Outlets then head to Transit road to stay in this hotel -or if you are flying out anywhere it is so worth it to stay here first.
Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
williamsville,new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

this 1st class luxury new hotel and steakhouse designed by a local hospitality icon russell j. salvatore a buffalo "original" had all the charm of a luxury b&b. we checked in for a winter weekend getaway.the owner is there to greet you ! he included dinner for two in his luxurious 5 star steakhouse .then upon hearing we were celebrating a special occasion he graciously upgraded us to a spacious royal honeymoon jaccuzzi suite ! if you happen to visit this new property don't confuse it with the Garden Place or Salvatores Italian Gardens; we've been to both; he previously owned those properties. the captain is at the helm at the new place and the level of service of a Russell j Salvatore owned & managed property is everywhere and in every little detail . We were astounded at how affordable 5 star could be.

Bradford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

A small group of us were in town to take out a group of clients. They suggested dining at Russells - the steakhouse located at the GRAND hotel. As a frequent traveler to Buffalo my favorite hotel in Buffalo is the Hampton Inn on Main Street in Williamsville. Since we were celebrating with the client, I opted to have our group stay at the GRAND hotel for convenience.

BOTTOM LINE: I felt that we got twice as much comparable space for half the price (in comparison to the Hilton Hampton Inn).

First, the hotel is new. The biggest thing the hotel has going for it is that it is VERY spacious. The rooms are very large, the shower is large, the hallways are wide - they even have chairs and tables in the hall that I saw people using. The decor is very warm and relaxing. The rate(s) are very competitive. I think the rack rate is around $90-$100. With the AARP discount, I got the room for around $85. Some upgraded to the jacuzzi for $125. Comparing this to the Hampton which starts are $155 for a standard room and is standard size the GRAND has considerable value.

Now, I have capitalized GRAND hotel because there is another Salvatore's down the road. We almost accidentally booked at the wrong hotel as that one appears to not have a restaurant and has reviews of being 'garish' but the names are very close. So, make sure not to confuse them as we almost did. This is definitely a business class, professional hotel.

On the down side, the view leaves something to be desired, the walls are a little thin, and I prefer a hotel that includes conditioner not just shampoo.

I will also mention that Russells steakhouse was a great place to eat. I particularly enjoyed watching the owner (an old world gentleman) orchestrate the management of the hotel. It was like watching a maestro at his finest. This is definitely a labor of love for him.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

I booked the dinner for two and the Jacuzzi Suite for my boyfriend’s birthday. I wanted to do an early check in because I wanted to set up the room with some birthday surprises. They had no issue with early check in!!

When my boyfriend and I arrived at the restaurant, we were probably over an hour late, but they still held the table that I requested which I was very very happy about! Dinner was good. My boyfriend got the seafood bisque and the filet which were amazing. I got the dinner salad and the lamb, which were decent, but not the best that I’ve ever had. But the coffee was out of this world! The best cup I’ve ever had by far!!

The room was amazing. Set up the same as The Garden Place Hotel, but the TV’s are bigger and mounted on the wall. The Jacuzzi was so relaxing and comfortable. The bed was a king size and very comfortable! Shower could have used a little more water pressure.

Breakfast the next morning was perfect. Waffles, French toast, scrambled eggs, sausages, home fries, cereals (hot and cold) coffees and juices. It was perfect. We really didn’t have a complaint about anything, we were very happy with the service and the stay.. I feel like the ppl that complain about places like this have their standards too high. Go to have fun, relax and enjoy a night away!!

We def felt like a Queen and King for the weekend. Def worth 190$ for dinner, Jacuzzi suite and breakfast buffet in the morning. Wonderful and would do it again in a heartbeat!!! =0)

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

We stayed for 2 nights in early December.
Upon check in, in the swipe key folder you are presented with the price list of items that are in the room. Coffee Machine 40$ Coffee Mugs 10$ Glasses 10$ Iron 40$ Ironing Board 40$ and towels and so forth.
Never in all my travels through United States, Canada the Carribean and Europe have I ever seen such a thing. Not that I would ever dream of taking anything, but I did not get that welcoming feeling that it was implyed that we may. Really weird!!!
The room was clean, the staff was welcoming. Breakfast, was the usual, I expected better from all the comments.

My complaints were noise, (the plumbing is wicked noisey) as well as the noise from the heater which is located right near the bed. The hall noise was surprising since this hotel in new. Stay on the south side of the building, the noise from the garbage bins on the north side drove me crazy until 11:30 pm. Just the kind of stuff you try to get away from on a break.

2nd was the comforter/blankets on the bed, I woke up freezing and wore socks in bed the second night. Not winter weight for sure, and because the heater is right beside the bed, it was a cook, or freeze situation.

Other than that It was very clean, bed was comfortable.
Not to be missed is the steakhouse, the food and service were awesome.
I would recommend the restaurant without a doubt, but the jury's still out on the hotel.

Mississauga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

We reserved the one night Sunday package. The bed was wonderful, the pillows were even nicer. The dinner was really good and so was the breakfast in the morning.
We loved the scent in the hallways, we are already planning our next trip across the river.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Salvatore's Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!