“Golf and food, what a combo” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Macedon, New York
“Golf and food, what a combo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We have been to the Frog Hair two or three times over the past few years. If you like to golf during the winter in the comfort of indoors this is a place for you to get some practice in. During the warmer months you can put a bit outdoors on the small mini put put area.
The place is very nice and the service has always been very good. Additionally, the food has always been good as well.
As I recall the place is a little pricy but not too bad.
During the summer months and even into the fall, the outside patio and bar is a nice place to eat and drink and do a little putting.
A family friendly restaurant for sure.
Regarding the golf, I believe you can purchase packages so that you can come all winter and keep your swing in check.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Williamsville, New York
“Leave well enough alone!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This use to be a great restaurant. While I was away for 5 weeks I came back to hearing that the Frog Hair changed their Chef and menu................WHY? Food and service was always great. A friend and I decided to try it out for lunch only to be so disappointed. I ordered a Beef on Weck and my friend ordered Turkey Burger, relatively safe choices so we thought. The beef was stringy and the roll was similar to a hamburger roll when wet mushy. I complained about the roast beef and was informed that it was some other kind of beef and the turkey burger was not a big hit. My friend said that the only way she could eat it was due to the special mayo that it was served with. I spoke to to the Manager and offered to take up a collection to send the chef back to where he came from.....and for the former lovers of this restaurant NO MORE PRETZELS AND NO MORE FROG HAIR FRIES......the new fries are nothing to write home about. All I can say is Thank you God this is Buffalo with many many wonderful restaurants. NO INTEREST IN EVER GOING BACK!

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
boston
“Lunch and Golf - enjoyed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

They just re-modeled, nothing drastic outside the addition of a new oyster bar. We didn't try the oysters, but would on a future visit, as it's not something you see in the area often. We played two hours of golf and ate lunch. The lunch was excellent. There were three of us, and we all enjoyed our meals. I had the prime rib on weck, basically an upscale beef on weck, and really like it a lot. It was just salty enough and extremely tender - I'd go back for that alone.

The staff we interacted with was great, including the golf manager, the floor manager and a couple of servers. All were quick and accommodating.

The golf has also undergone renovation and seems to have improved. Sadly, our simulator was not tracking swing speed, which is always a fun stat to see since you don't get that anywhere else. My only advice is to set your 'gimme range' as high as possible, because putting is not terribly easy or realistic.

I'd recommend for golf or for lunch... but especially both - go!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Williamsville, New York
“"New" Frog Hair fails to wow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Frog Hair Grill on Transit underwent remodeling with a new menu and chef. Went for lunch and was not impressed. Don't sit near the golf stations where you can eat and play WIFI golf because it is noisy. Had to move to the other side of the restaurant. Frog Hair now boasts an Oyster Bar which, probably, is its signature food. The Oyster Bar is a prominent part of the restaurant now. Appears the lunch and dinner menu are standard. I had a "Farmer's Salad" with grilled salmon. You can have salmon, beef, or chicken added to any salad. The salad was just OK, had fingerling potatoes which were quite crunchy for a salad, string beans, hard boiled eggs, and greens. The salmon was cooked perfectly and was delicious. Asked for some bread and the waitress said they don't have any so she offered a piece of garlic bread. To me, the salmon and garlic bread was the best part of my meal. Don't really know many places that don't serve some type of bread/rolls with salad. If you like hamburgers, it might be the food to try for lunch. Service was excellent, partly because we got in to a friendly discussion with our waitress about poker and the casino, two things my dining partner is particularly interested in. My friend had roasted chicken, with sweet potato hash and vegetables. That looked much better than my salad and the sweet potato hash was delicious. If I go back, I'd like that dish with salmon, although don't know whether that is on the menu. If I go back, I won't order the salad. Come to think of it, I probably won't rush to go back, either.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hermitage, Pennsylvania, United States
“Don't bother!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We wanted to give this restaurant a try so 15 of us tried to get seated on a Thursday evening. Since they don't take reservations, three people from our party went early to get a table but they would not even take her name until at least half of the party was there. When we were all there we kept asking when we would be seated and they kept putting us off. After waiting for a total of 2 hours we all decided to leave without ever being seated. Staff was very rude.....never offered us anything or even a seat....we waited outside the entire time. Would never recommend this restaurant to anyone!

Visited August 2012