“Best Bar Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Tonawanda, New York, United States
“Best Bar Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Brew Pub has the best selection of beer and some of the nicest bartenders ever (ask for Becky)! You can't beat their appetizers and you have to try one of their burgers.

• Visited January 2013

Fort Myers, Florida
“Best wings in Buffalo - seriously!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stop in at the Buffalo Brew Pub every year when we visit - usually on our way from the airport! Their wings are AWESOME! Big, meaty wings with perfect spiciness and cooked just right (we always order extra crispy). My husband was born and raised in Buffalo - so he knows his wings.

The beer selection is huge with lots of craft beers including Southern Tier from the region. There is even a chart to help you determine what kinds of beers may appeal to you based on what you already like.

Friendly knowledgeable staff. Free popcorn and peanuts. Great pub atmosphere.

I'm getting hungry just writing about it.

Go there - you'll have a GREAT time!

• Visited August 2012
Buffalo, New York, United States
“Love the Brew Pub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had the soup of the day, stuffed banana pepper. It was most excellent. Enjoyed an excellent house beer, Amber which I highly recommend!! With exceptional service from Bartender Karen!!

• Visited January 2013
Buffalo, New York
“Poor Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

A LETTER I SENT TO THE OWNER OF BUFFALO BREW PUB (BPP). A RESPONSE WAS NEVER RECEIVED!!!
December 7, 2012, I joined a group of faculty members, graduate students and administrative personnel from the University at Buffalo came to the Buffalo Brew Pub (BBP) to celebrate the end of classes for the Fall 2012 semester. We phoned the BBP early in the afternoon as a courtesy to let them know that there would be a large group coming. We were told that the Buffalo Brew Pub does not take reservations (I wasn't asking for any) and that there was another large group (approximately 50 from a corporation) also coming and that the Pub would be crowded. That was the extent of the conversation.
When our group began to arrive around 4:00 p.m. the Chair of our Department was immediately approached by an employee of BBP who told him that if we chose to sit at the tables, we had to eat. Since this was the plan, the Chair responded that we were indeed planning on eating.
As we pushed a few tables together to accommodate our group, we were approached by the second employee who repeated the same directive, and this time added that we could not put tables together because there were waitresses assigned to different tables and this would be difficult. The employee told us that at 5:00 the restaurant gets full of people for dinner and they would need our tables. There were several empty tables in the room so we certainly did not understand why this would make a difference. Restaurants accommodate large groups all the time by simply changing waitresses to accommodate the tables that are full (or empty). This person proceeded to tell us that the BBP does not take reservations, but gave no reason as to why this was important. Again, it was repeated that we all had to order food. We repeated AGAIN that we were ordering food, and AGAIN asked for a waitress but we were told that the waitress that was there could only take our drink order and another waitress would take our food order but she wasn't coming in until 5:00 p.m. When the waitress finally arrived to take our drink order, she appeared very hesitant, so I offered to purchase a drink at the bar and was told that if I did I could not bring it back to the table.
As a few more people from our party arrived, a third employee approached us and told us that if even one person did not order food, we would have to leave. Needless to say, we were not only appalled, but humiliated. We repeated AGAIN that we were going to eat, and to please send a waitress with menus to the table. Neither arrived.
As a few more people arrived from our party the fourth employee approached them and told them that if they wanted to be seated they had to go back to the front of the restaurant and ask for a table. They did as they were told and were immediately seated in a different room, as far away from our party as possible. And yes, there were many empty tables right behind our group. It was then that this same employee returned to our table and told us that if anyone at our table did not order food they would each be charged an additional $8.00. We replied that we planned on ordering food, but STILL did not have a waitress or menus available to us.
Around 5:15 we finally had a waitress to take our food order. We arrived at 4:00 p.m. but our menus did not arrive until after 5:00 p.m. and our food did not arrive until almost 6:00 p.m. Several ordered food "to go" simply to get out of there.
As I was leaving the BBP I approached one of the employees and told him that we had been harassed, and stated the reasons (given above). He simply looked at me, smirked, and said "sorry" then turned his attention to another employee and began to talk to her. He was disinterested in what I had to say, ignored everything I detailed to him and was unresponsive and rude. When I commented that I could see how little he cared about the situation, he merely looked at me with a blank look on his face. I asked him if he could please give me the business card of the owner. Hence this letter.
Our faculty members and staff have visited the BBP, some on a regular basis. This was the reason we chose this establishment. Some may choose to return, others not so much. For myself, personally, I will not return nor suggest the Buffalo Brew Pub to anyone. The customer service was horrendous and our evening was completely spoiled.
After reading a few comments on Urbanspoon I have come to realize that perhaps there is more to this than simply pushing tables together and not having the staff to accommodate the number of patrons that arrive. We are after all, a very diverse group of people.
I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED A RESPONSE TO THIS LETTER THAT WAS MAILED TO THE OWNER, MR. TOWNSELL..

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denver, Colorado
“Great food,Great Service - Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were in Buffalo for the weekend. On our last night, we stayed close to the airport. The hotel recommended this place for dinner. I usually do not care for brew pub food but this place changed my mind. There was a bit of a wait (about 25 mins) - even late (around 8pm). It was worth it. The food was very good. I had the halibut and fries. Yummy. Very reasonably priced..and I mean very reasonably priced. The food was also not greasy/salty like other bar food I have had. It was actually just the opposite. Too bad we do not live close by this place. We would be regulars.

• Visited December 2012