“Clean and quiet room for its price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport

You added Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18-30 Whitestone Expressway, Whitestone, NY 11357   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitestone
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittsburgh PA
“Clean and quiet room for its price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights here in mid October. Room is clean and spacious, well equipped with essential. Staff is courteous. It serves its purpose to be base for visiting my relatives in Queens. If you want to see Manhattan New York attractions, this hotel is pretty far from all activities. I asked the front desk and also researched about public transit to go in town. You need to take a 15 minutes bus and then transfer on #7 subway that takes 40 minutes to go to Midtown Manhattan. Hotel offers grab-and-go breakfast such as cereal bar and fruit to customers. This is a convenient alternative to get a head start. One thing which seems strange to me, I smelled strong cooking smell in the corridor when returning to room at night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry to hear that our hotel was not as close as you wanted to be to Manhattan. Also in response to your feedback, I am going to ensure we are spraying our hallways with deodorizer more often. Still, I am pleased that you found our grab-and-go breakfast an added convenience.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lga@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Guayaquil, Guayas, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Extended Stay America - La Guardia Airport, has an Excellent service! nice and confortable suites, the double beds are really soft and like to sleep in. The people that help us in the front desk was very kindly and helpful, the help us every time and in every need.

Room Tip: It only has La Guardia Airport pick up.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice things about our hotel and the service that the staff provided. It's great to hear that we met your expectations with the friendliness of our staff and comfort of our guest rooms.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

When I checked in, I was presented with the rate that I had reserved on the internet.

I am allergic to house-dust mite and when I go into the room, not only that the bed sheet and pillow case looks like it has not been changed, but also I started sneezing.

Window was not closing properly or cannot be closed.

On the second day, the toilet was not flushing and the hotel cannot fix it until the next day and I found some bug on the bed.

On the third day, while we login to the internet (it shows extended stay reservation), it shows that the price quoted was actually lower than the price we are paying. I asked for some price adjustment, but the front desk give funny excuses as if she did not understand what I meant.

How can a weekly price be more expensive than a daily rate?

I saved all the picture shown on the website (using screen capture on my computer) and anyone needed the picture, I will be more than happy to send what I paid and what was shown on the website.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apology. I can assure you that going forward we will secure all windows shut and that the room is inspected thoroughly from a maintenance and cleanliness standpoint. I also apologize that the front desk was unable to answer your questions regarding your rate. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your concerns regarding your rate.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lga@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Noida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a good place to stay if you need kitchen and are ready to travel that extra 30 mins to compensate for. Quite standard across in all the facilities except for this is bigger one. Good location, markets very nearby.
I checked in early and had to pay for whole day to ensure i get a room for sure after a long night flight from Seattle, I hope they could have charged only for half a day. I would have given 5 stars for this.
Rest all is as per the brand "extended stay"

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the kitchens in the room were efficient for your needs. Also, I am glad to hear that you found our location to be ideal.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for my 3rd or 4th time this past weekend on a trip to NYC from DC. Things were off to a rocky start when I called to make my reservation at the Whitestone/LaGuardia location weeks prior to my trip and was booked instead at the White Plains location 45 minutes away in Westchester!! To make matters worse the rate for the White Plains location was almost $60/night cheaper so I was stuck with a more expensive hotel room bill at the last minute. All this and I wouldn't even have KNOWN about the snafu had I not called the hotel back to confirm my reservation. This was the last weekend of the US Open, which was also taking place in Queens, and I can't begin to tell you how angry I would have been had I showed up to the hotel after a 4 hour drive from DC and they had no room ready for me.

Now this was mostly the fault of the Extended Stay bookings line via their 800 number but nonetheless, not a good start. Upon arrival when I was billed for my stay I was informed of nearly $40/night in taxes and other fees on top of the room rate. Again, I had made sure to ask was the rate I was quoted including all taxes and fees and they said it was (800 line of Extended Stay). Of course we were none too happy with this.

Just as we thought things couldn't get worse we arrived to our room on the 4th floor of the hotel to find the peculiar smell of cigarette smoke. It was faint but noticeable. It didn't take me long to realize that we had been booked in a smoking room, as there was even an ashtray in the room and the windows had been left partially open to air out the room. I promptly requested a room change but we were informed that all the non-smoking rooms were booked. At this point we were quite upset and requested to speak with the manager at their earliest convenience. They stated the manager would call us on the morrow.

Well the manager didn't call us but we ended up calling them and they were fairly sympathetic to our concerns and ended up crediting us some of the hotel fees back to our card which was a nice gesture for repeat guests and helped smooth things over for the rest of our stay.

The reason why we enjoy staying here is you get twice as much room for half the price of a room in Manhattan. The parking is easy and reasonably priced, and you can save a ton of money by shopping at the Target next door and preparing meals in your hotel suite which has a full kitchen, sans oven, and all the accoutrements you'd need to prepare a meal. There is a bus right out front that takes you to the Flushing-Main Street Subway and Long Island Railroad which is super convenient so you're minutes from all the ethnic and local eateries of nearby Flushing/College Point.

The hotel is generally very clean, contemporary, with comfortable beds, ample TV channels, decent isolation, free- wifi, and COLD A/C. They have flat-screen TVs in the rooms now which I don't think they had when I first began staying there. They also now have a free shuttle to the airport for those who need it. Generally I'd say service is cordial if somewhat detached from the young women who work the front desk.

All-in-all they redeemed themselves and I look forward to returning to the hotel again when I can get a competitive rate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bloomington, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I did not make it to the hotel (due to a canceled and then rebooked flight that did not allow me time to get to the hotel), but the hotel VERY nicely refunded my money, even though it was not in keeping with their policy. For this reason alone I would come to stay here on a later trip!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Was traveling in route from Greece to Detroit with a family of 4 when our flight out of JFK got cancelled at 2 am in the morning. Next available flight was out of LaGuardia the next evening. Totally unfamiliar with the area, I called hotels.com and they set us up with this hotel, as all others in our price range were booked for the evening. This hotel was EXCELLENT! Our taxi driver for some reason had no idea how to get there and Junior at the front desk talked my husband through directions. (turned out very easy to find) When we arrived, Junior was a welcoming presence and made us immediately relieved that we had chosen this spot. The room was clean , spacious, quiet and felt like heaven after fearing we'd have to stay at the airport that evening. Room cleaning service was friendly. Front desk staff helped us get toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc since our luggage had been lost. Since we didn't get to sleep until 3 am that morning, we had slept through the express breakfast. No problem. The front desk attendant pulled us some delicious blueberry muffins from the back. The manager let us stay til 1 pm to allow us a place to stay until we had to be back at the airport, even though check out time is normally 11 am, with no fee! Easy walking distance to McDonald's , a grill restaurant, retail stores, supermarkets. Area was safe. They had free shuttle service to the airport (only a 10 minute drive!) and the driver was smiling and friendly just like the rest of the staff. Stay here. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We had 424. Very quiet b/c it's next to the electrical room so there's no one on one side of...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that enjoyed your stay with us. I am also very proud of our team for being so kind to you , we strive to provide excellent customer service for our guests and am glad we accomplished that for you.

Been to Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport? Share your experiences!