“Excellent Food and Nice Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
BLT Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 209 Restaurants in White Plains
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mamaroneck Avenue
Description: At BLT Steak White Plains, located in the always elegant Ritz-Carlton Westchester Hotel, Westchester residents can savor our signature warm popovers along with specially selected steaks, fresh seafood and satisfying sides such as grilled asparagus and hash browns. Steakhouse dining in Westchester never sounded so good.
San Antonio, TX
“Excellent Food and Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had a business dinner here. It started in the bar for a drink and then moved to a table. The service throughout the night was very attentive yet not too aggressive. They brought out pate, which I do not like. But, soon after they brought our popovers that were excellent! We then had a salad. I had the Ceasar which was good, but nothing special. The Beet Salad several ordered looked very good. My main course was a fillet which was very well prepared. We ordered several sides for the table. I ate the green beans, macaroni & cheese and a few french fries and onion rings. They were ok. Then, we ordered a variety of deserts. I had one doughnut with chocolate sauce, which was cold and firm. I thought they would be soft and warm. Overall, it was a good experience. I would likely go back, but for a dinner date choosing some different items.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Plenty of food. Most of it good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We were a party of 80 and the service was outstanding. The food was more than ample. The main course and namesake of the restaurant was a New York strip. It was bland and had little flavor. Appetizer, sides and dessert were good. A great deal of food.

Dallas, Texas
“Good food, good service, execution issue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Went with a group of eight. All chose different salads, entrees, and desserts. One person's steak had to be redone twice. Service attentive. Worth the price? Not really. And on a night when there were plenty of open tables, our table backed up to another and we bumped into each other on occasion.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Westchester, New York
“Great service, but consistently poor execution.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Positives: Wife and I were seated promptly. Waiter helpful and friendly, brought cocktails and wine list promptly. Mjuch touted popovers and pate were hot and fresh. Caesar salad was fine-- anchovies came as requested.

Negatives: $73 Porterhouse for 2 was overcooked , not hot (maybe it sat in kitchen before being served), and overly salty. ( I have eaten porterhouses at Luger's, Palm, Wolfgang's, Sparks, Benjamin, Flames, Bobby Van's etc, so I think I haved a good frame of reference). Creamed spinach was overspice so much with a spice i could not identify that I could not swallow it. The manager came over and apologized saying that the chef had just changed the recipe. Onion rings were flavorless, beautifully presented, but had no flavor.

Maybe I caught BLT Steak on an off day, or perhaps I should go into Manhattan for better execution. I would avoid this outpost of BLT. Either go to rival Flames (muich better food, lowbrow place relative to the Ritz), or Benjamin in Westchester, or just drive another 25 minutes in to Manhattan, where steakhouses that put BLT to shame abound.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
California
“Great Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Service and food is fantastic. I little pricey but worth it. I've been here several times and all of their steaks are good, but definitely try the bone-in rib eye.

Visited August 2012