“Comfy business trip” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
st. paul, minnesota
“Comfy business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I just had my third stay at this hotel and couldn't have been happier with the experience. Everyone who works there is really nice and they always seem to be smiling. The beds are super comfy and the rooms are quiet and clean. The restaurant at the hotel has really improved their vegetarian selections since my first visit last year. I've been impressed by this hotel and hope to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Valley Stream, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I booked this hotel after reviewing available options in the surrounding area. We got in around 4:30 pm and the lobby was bustling with activity from what appeared to be at least two but possibly three weddings either taking place at or near the hotel. Check-in was relatively quick even with all of the people waiting or lingering around. After receiving our keys we were instructed to pass through a walkway to another building. The wait for the elevator was a bit much. Quite a few people opted for the stairs. I am assuming or hoping that the wedding activity may have contributed to this challenge. The room was not large but had all the amenities you would want. It was very clean but I did notice a minor repair issue in the bathroom before we check out (the cover for the safety bar in the shower was loose)....like I said minor. We did not eat at the restaurant but did have drinks in the bar area which were good. We ordered take out from a local pizza shop and that was not good. The hotel is in proximity to the mall and a number of eateries about 10 minutes away. We had brunch at Don Coqui Sunday and that was enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Richard M, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Westchester Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear JennyvalleystreamNY,

Thank you for sitting down and sharing your enjoyable stay with us here on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you found our check in expedient, our rooms "very clean" and the amenities "all you could want". I am sorry that the elevator was running slow and that a spot you ordered from in the local area fell below the high standards we have for guest service. I am looking into both issues to ensure that they are one time occurrences that do not repeat. I also hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon for a truly 5 star stay.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for a wedding. I was surprised to see that WiFi is not free and that I had to pay for it. It's not a big deal only about $12/day, but what got me is that it wasn't fast and the connection wasn't consistent.

Other than that, the stay was great and staff are very friendly.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Richard M, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Westchester Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Jlvey80,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and we appreciate your insights as a guest. I am glad that the stay was "great" and the staff was "very friendly", although I am saddened that the difficulties you experienced with the Wi-Fi made the stay less than a perfect 5 stars. Currently we offer complimentary Wi-Fi throughout our lobby building, and provide it for all Marriott Rewards guests in their rooms free of charge (it is free to sign up for Marriott Rewards). I am concerned by the speed issues you encountered and have passed on your notes to our Engineering Department to look into the matter further. We hope to welcome you back again soon with lightning speed internet and a true five star stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We are a family of four. My kids are 4 and 7. We had a great time at this hotel. The room was very clean and big enough to fit us all comfortably. Everyone we met that worked there was very friendly and helpful. The pool was beautiful. At breakfast the next morning my four year old was upset that they did not have waffles at breakfast. Someone that worked in the restaurant overheard him and insisted on making him waffles. This was not necessary since there was a ton of food at breakfast but he insisted. We will definitely stay at this hotel the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Richard M, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Westchester Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear 1234beatrice,

I am thrilled that your entire family had such a wonderful experience with us, from the lovely rooms to the beautiful pool. I am particularly glad that the staff service was what stood out to you, and I am proud to say that you can expect that same level of excellence in guest service during your future stays with us. Thank you so much for your kind five star review.
Purchase, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We worked with a wonderful staff of people to plan and celebrate our daughters teen birthday recently. Ronelle, Marisol, Michelle and Bruce in Event Planning & Banquet Management were a great team and worked well together to help us transform our vision to a reality. A/V staff and setup were extremely helpful too. A wonderful facility and great group of people for any personal or corporate event. Great job!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Denise P,

We are thrilled to hear that our team of superstars was able to make your daughter’s Birthday Celebration such a smashing success. Ronelle, Michelle, Marisol, Bruce, and others are as you say “a great group of people”, and we look forward to sharing in future celebrations with you.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed at this hotel several times and until now have been completely satisfied. I am not sure what happened this time. Maybe it was because it was a holiday weekend. First of all there were screaming kids in the hallway all night which prevented me from getting sleep. Maybe I should have called the front desk to complain but felt that responsible parents would quiet their young kids down at 1am or 5:30 am. It was impossible to get a good night's sleep. Also, the heater/AC in my room was cranking so warm even though I turned the thermostat down to 66 degrees and it was warm outside. This hotel is extremely convenient and has very reasonable rates. I want to stay there again on my next trip to White Plains but am a little more hesitant because of this experience.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Chad N, Manager at Renaissance Westchester Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Glennod,

I am terribly sorry that during your most recent stay you encountered difficulties with noisy neighbors and the thermostat. We appreciate being told about such goings on so that we can take corrective action. We always ask our guests to inform us of noise complaints so that we can calmly request that all guests maintain a respectful volume at such hours of night. As you have stayed with us multiple times, and given us multiple five star reviews, you know that this stay was an anomaly for which I truly apologize. I hope you will stay with us during future visits to the area, and revisit the exceptional service and amenities that you have enjoyed in the past.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have spent many nights at this hotel for the last 10 years. By far one of the best hotels I stay at on the east coast. The rooms are very comfortable. Very relaxing atmosphere. The Bar and Restaurant top notch. The food is outstanding. The hotels shuttle is always prompt with the pick ups from HPN.

The Staff is always super friendly Leticia and Ali were outstanding in making our stay very comfortable!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Richard M, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Westchester Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Robert O,

thank you so much for the kind words and your loyalty staying with us through all these years. It means a lot when a guest has been through so much with us and gives such high praise. I am glad that our rooms, shuttle, food, and more contribute to you enjoying your stays and you are 100% right that Ali and Leticia are some of our superstar associates!

We look forward to 10 more years of travel,

Been to Renaissance Westchester Hotel? Share your experiences!