“Great hotel worth trouble to find it” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in White Plains
Keller, Texas
“Great hotel worth trouble to find it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Staff was excellent and very welcoming and helpful. Unfortunately the fire alram had gone off just as I was heading to my room so couldn't enter hotel. Fire alarm went off again at 10:59 pm and we were instructed to vacate. After 20+ minutes we were allowed to go back to room. Hopefully they've solved this problem because the hotel and staff are so good. Even though the hotel is hard to find, it's well worth it. Their club lounge is even open for frequent guest on the weekend and it serves a great breakfast. Would gladly stay here again. Good value for the money.

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed over the Independence Day weekend. Normally, weekends are wide open as most of its guests must be during the week. Occasionally, there is a wedding or in this case a small group. In any case, they know how to take care of famiies as well as larger groups.

The lay of the land. Nice, renovated Renaissance property. Modern but not flashy. Most of the rooms are the same size. We occupied two connecting rooms thanks to Leticia for setting it up for us. At the price they were offered, it was a great deal. Breakfast is very nice and if you want to eat on property, look into the rate with breakfast included. If you want a lighter fare, look into a concierge floor room where a simpler breakfast is served.

All the rooms are separate from the main entryway. You can access from there or if driving, it is easier to drive to the rear entrance. This is NOT a modern tower but a few connected five story buildings. The restaurant served a nice lunch and dinner fare. The kids will love ordering room service off the childrens menu.

The renovated indoor pool is now open. Yeah. You can do laps when not crowded as there is no outdoor pool. There is a nice sitting area outside the pool, tennis courts, sand volleyball court and a little hiking trail around property for the kids to explore with an adult.

We love the staff. A mix of younger folks and experienced folks managing things. Gavin is one of the managers out on the floor. I mentioned to him a small issue which he thanked me for pointing out. You have to check out the restaurant. Did I say that already.

White Plains is 15 minutes away. Shopping, movies, book stores abound.

Disclosure. We have been going there with our kids for 4 years. It is our unofficial weekend home away from home. Lovely property standing the test of time

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, ask for a room far away from the elevators. It makes for a longer walk...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Expect to be treated like a VIP here by the friendliest staff. From the front desk to the window cleaners, you are greeted and made to feel welcome. Great lobby and area to sit and meet both inside and out!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator can be quite a walk!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed here several times over the past few months, and it is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I used the mobile check in and when I arrived, Leticia welcomed me saying "we've been expecting you!". She and Melanie went out of their way to thank me and make me feel welcome. Couldn't have a asked for a better welcoming.

Dinner in the. Bar was very good. Leslie went out of her way to take care of me. The R burger was fabulous.

Would highly recommend this hotel.

White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I wanted to share my outstanding experience at the Renaissance Westchester Hotel; uncharacteristically my suit was wrinkled when I removed it from my suitcase and I thought beyond salvation given that dry-cleaning would not be able to have my suit back until well after I needed to depart the hotel for a day of appointments. But....given the service offerings at the Renaissance I took a chance and called the front desk and asked for help; after a few moments I received a return call and the staff found someone in their contingent that knew how to iron a suit. Melanie Cancela not only ironed my suit by morning, but it looked better than the last time I had worn it.

I had to meet my savior in person to thank her and was even more impressed when she accepted my thanks, but refused monetary reward.

I am impressed by the hotel over all from the food to the fitness center and without a doubt the service - all the staff has been well above the standard and I will stay here again the next time I am in the area.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the Renaissance Westchester for two nights. While it is an older building (it used to be the old Stouffer Hotel), everything seems fresh, new and updated. And the staff are all great - very accommodating and professional. The first room I was given (a small-ish queen room) had a strong, unpleasant odor. The desk staff very kindly found me another, larger room which was excellent - super clean, and very comfortable bed. And even though the hotel was quite full with various events (reunion, wedding) the room was very quiet The hotel grounds are spacious, and I took advantage of the very nice pool. The restaurant is certainly adequate (though not spectacular) but it also is a bit pricey so I would recommend taking meals elsewhere. As a Marriott rewards member I received free wifi, but I think there is usually a charge for this - not sure how much it is.
An excellent hotel and overall I had a great stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We needed a hotel in this area for our kids who were taking a nearby SWIM CAMP. This turned out to be a great option. Hotel was recently renovated and has a very nice lobby.

We stayed for 5 nights with our 2 kids. No problems and no extra charges. Rooms are very nice and lots of room. They are separated from the main lobby and parking, but not a problem. There is no free wi-fi in the rooms, but there is free wi-fi in the LOBBY. So you need to go to the main LOBBY to connect, which was not a problem. The LOBBY is inviting with lots of good seating areas.

Hotel has lots of extra activities which is good for a family. Nice outdoor sitting area, volleyball courts, horseshoes, etc. The hotel is located off the main highway in a nicely treed area with lots of green space. You feel like you are in the country, even though you are not. It was a nice place for us to relax each day after swim camp. Also a nice pool and exercise room.

The breakfast buffet was AMAZING. We managed to get a room that included breakfast for everyone, which was a great deal. We had a very enjoyable and big breakfast every morning.

Only downside is there are no nearby restaurants. We did not try the hotel itself, which did look pretty good.

Overall, felt like business travellers and conventions were the main clients, but we found it a really good family option as well and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance Westchester Hotel? Share your experiences!