“A great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in White Plains
New York City, New York
“A great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Renaissance Westchester for two nights. While it is an older building (it used to be the old Stouffer Hotel), everything seems fresh, new and updated. And the staff are all great - very accommodating and professional. The first room I was given (a small-ish queen room) had a strong, unpleasant odor. The desk staff very kindly found me another, larger room which was excellent - super clean, and very comfortable bed. And even though the hotel was quite full with various events (reunion, wedding) the room was very quiet The hotel grounds are spacious, and I took advantage of the very nice pool. The restaurant is certainly adequate (though not spectacular) but it also is a bit pricey so I would recommend taking meals elsewhere. As a Marriott rewards member I received free wifi, but I think there is usually a charge for this - not sure how much it is.
An excellent hotel and overall I had a great stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We needed a hotel in this area for our kids who were taking a nearby SWIM CAMP. This turned out to be a great option. Hotel was recently renovated and has a very nice lobby.

We stayed for 5 nights with our 2 kids. No problems and no extra charges. Rooms are very nice and lots of room. They are separated from the main lobby and parking, but not a problem. There is no free wi-fi in the rooms, but there is free wi-fi in the LOBBY. So you need to go to the main LOBBY to connect, which was not a problem. The LOBBY is inviting with lots of good seating areas.

Hotel has lots of extra activities which is good for a family. Nice outdoor sitting area, volleyball courts, horseshoes, etc. The hotel is located off the main highway in a nicely treed area with lots of green space. You feel like you are in the country, even though you are not. It was a nice place for us to relax each day after swim camp. Also a nice pool and exercise room.

The breakfast buffet was AMAZING. We managed to get a room that included breakfast for everyone, which was a great deal. We had a very enjoyable and big breakfast every morning.

Only downside is there are no nearby restaurants. We did not try the hotel itself, which did look pretty good.

Overall, felt like business travellers and conventions were the main clients, but we found it a really good family option as well and enjoyed our stay.

Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at the Renaissance Westchester because it was in between family in White Plains and Greenwich CT. We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant with family twice, and had a gathering of 8 for lunch. The food and service was outstanding all 3 times.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We picked the Renaissance based on it's location to the Westchester County Airport. We actually stayed two nights, one at the beginning of our trip and one at the end. On both visits, we arrived late at night and the front staff was wonderful. They greeted us with smiles and were happy to answer any questions. The rooms were very clean and the amenities top notch. I only had two complaints: 1) if you need non-feather pillows - bring your own. I am allergic to down and after waiting for some time, I was finally informed there were no more foam pillows in the hotel. Sleeping on a rolled up towel just isn't quite the same; and 2) housekeeping comes very early. As I mentioned, we arrived very late on both nights and did not plan on leaving much before 9:30 the following morning. Unfortunately, on both occasions, housekeeping woke us at 8 am to clean the room (I guess I should have known better the second time). In short, may want to consider your own pillow and placing the do not disturb sign on the door - but definitely a place I would stay again.

indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My issues may sound nitpicky, but on their own, I really wouldn't care. One after the other over the course of our first night--and my sense of humor is gone. Hotels are staffed by human beings who make mistakes, but nearly every aspect of my stay has annoyed me and this hotel doesn't have to operate like this.
We are beginning night two of our two-night stay. When I made the reservation, I stipulated that we need a crib for an infant and a king-size bed. About six hours before arrival, I phoned to verify the crib and bed and was told that they didn't have that information in their system, but would fix it. When we arrived, I asked at the check-in counter about these arrangements--they said it was arranged. When we got to the room, there was an old cot folded up (it looked like a convelescent bed). We called and had to wait awhile for the problem to get fixed.

The front desk, during check-in was staffed with three people who were all talking to one-another. I stood there for longer than a moment while they finished. When I was greeted, she seemed embarrassed that the others didn't notice me, but she lost interest in me while checking me in (and explaining parking) and literally walked away to talk to a group she recognized of conventioneers. Strange.

What they don't tell you abou my the hotel. "the nicer hotel" (check-in lady's words) is for people in conferences. This is the part of the hotel with the bar, restaraunt and lovely furnishings (looks like Restoration Hardware), but that's not where you will likely stay. " You go out to your car," as she explained, "drive off of the property and go to another building down the road.". We later found that there is a bridge to get to the other building from within the nice hotel.

The breakfast was no better than what you would get at a Quality Inn (yikes) but they charge $45.00 for it here. We were asked to leave a table that we chose because the manager had promised it to someone else. It was a little awkward and embarrassing. We had been in the restaurant for over five minutes, if you needed to wait to be seated, they had ample time to acknowledge us and seat us where they wanted.

The cleanliness of the room was a little questionable. We saw trash in the hallway (of the not-as-nice part of the hotel) and it was still there at 11am the next day (today). And did I mention that while I was straightening luggage, my 18 month old son walked up to me with a used Kleenex in his mouth? I have no idea of where it came from!

I've stayed in worse hotels, but most of them are better and aren't trying to be a 'high-end' option. For food and lodging, it's approaching Ritz Carlton pricing but not as nice as the average Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed July 2014
Melanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Westchester Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear joe_d_alexander,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your, or our own expectations. Please know this is not the norm at our Hotel and we have addressed your issues with our team. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience. If you would like to discuss your stay further please do not hesistate to contact me directly.

MELANIE CANCELA | GUEST SERVICE SUPERVISOR
T 914.696.2704 F 914.694.1907
Elmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I would recommend this place to anyone who is in town and want to a hotel to enjoy the nights.This place is wonderful. the staff are nice. the engineers are nice. they greet you. I will always choose this hotel far away from NYC. The pool is fantastic, i see no sign of "racism" no belligerency. OH man. just book your stay NOWWWWW

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Neil C,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. We hope you visit us again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We recently stayed at the Renaissance Westchester Hotel. Great experience. Lovely room, food in restaurant delicious. Relaxing stay. Only drawback was that they were repairing the walkway to entrance of hotel rooms and there were times we could not get in or out and had to walk around. Hopefully, this will be remedied soon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Melanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Westchester Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Judith B,

Thank you for taking your time and writing to us about your time as our guest here at the Renaissance Westchester Hotel. It makes me very happy to hear that you had a great experience with us. Please allow me to apologies for the inconvenience our renovation to our guest entrance had on you. Please know we are nearing the end of this project and we have a temporary entrance in place so our guests do not have to walk far. We appreciate your feedback. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Melanie

Been to Renaissance Westchester Hotel? Share your experiences!