“Excellent service, beautiful rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in White Plains
New York City, New York
“Excellent service, beautiful rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I love staying here because it is so centrally located. You can walk across the street to The Westchester with beautiful stores. There are several great restaurants within walking distance. There is valet parking, and a parking garage attached. Great bar, imaginative drinks.

Room Tip: Higher floor, 8 or 9 if you are not on the concierge level.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear SoChathamGirl:

On behalf of all of us here, we extend a very big THANKS for the wonderful review.

If you love staying here, we couldn't ask for a better outcome. Rest assured our daily efforts are squarely focused on doing our level best to ensure every guest thoroughly enjoys our services and facilities.

We value your business very much and sincerely look forward to your return visit in the near future. Thanks again.

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Spofford, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I am a pilot and have stayed here several times per month for almost 15 years. There have been enormous improvements in décor, staff training and attitude and overall atmosphere in the last decade. Consistently professional, articulate front desk staff (e.g., Garner, Nancy, Michelle). Immaculate rooms, with excellent housekeeping attention to detail. Very comfortable beds. Walking distance to a myriad of shops and restaurants. Excellent van service to and from HPN airport.

Room Tip: Upper floors seem quieter and end of hall minimizes foot traffic
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Michellem3407:

All of our associates appreciate when guests take the time to write a review following their visit to our humble inn. Thank you very much.

The service business - which as a pilot you are in too - is a tough gig, and continuous improvement is all we ever strive for! We are very pleased you have witnessed our efforts and rest assured we will continue to hone our service skills and product offerings.

We will specifically acknowledge those individuals you've mentioned in your review with a "BRAVO" award, which extends a congratulatory gift certificate presented in front of all associates at our monthly luncheon.

We are very grateful indeed for your past loyalty and continued patronage, and as always we look forward to welcoming you back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The staff at this property are very friendly and extremely helpful, especially Emily the concierge, who has done a great job ensuring delivery of hotel services.

The only downside is the loud sound of the heating / air conditioning units.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Blofelt:

On behalf of all our associates, we acknowledge and thank you for the time taken to write a review.

All of us here really appreciate that you encountered extremely friendly and extremely helpful staff.

We will of course have engineering check the units in your room to ensure proper functionality.

We thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

White Plains, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Crowne Plaza is certainly a flagship hotel in White Plains. The rooms are a good size, stylish and, most importantly , clean! The staff aims to please. The guests are a mix of business and pleasure. This can lead to some less than ideal issues for management to deal with in the common areas when guests are "partying". There is a convenient parking garage and airport bus at the hotel. The restaurant is good; however, there are many choices of restaurants within walking distance for every taste.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Delores P:

We really appreciate the time you've taken to write a review of our services and facilities. Thank you!

We are honored to be considered the flagship hotel in White Plains. We agree! We are delighted you found the rooms a good size, stylish and of course, clean.

We know all our associates will appreciate your comments as well.

Thank you very much for your business and we look forward to being of continued service to you, and to our community.

Jamestown, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I attended a country club wedding in Mamaroneck, NY and stayed, along with many out of town guests at the Crowne Plaza White Plains. The room was very clean and comfortable. All amenities of the hotel were well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful.
I would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure travel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear nb500:

We gratefully acknowledge and thank you for the time taken to write a review following your visit to our hotel.

We are pleased you encountered a very clean and comfortable room, and that all was well maintained with staff was friendly and helpful. A recommendation is the highest form of flattery - we thank you very much for that.

When your travels bring you through beautiful White Plains, NY again, we look forward to welcoming you back once again as our guest.

Post Falls, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Front staff was not very friendly when we checked in. Was quite spendy for the accommodations. Could have stayed closer to the city for the price we paid. Air conditioner very loud ticking noise but could not sleep without it way to hot.

Asked for safe to be fixed said they would send someone right up at 10;20 by 11:10 we said we were going to bed would call them in am to fix before we left to the city.

Cleaning staff was great!! Very friendly. Maybe cleaning and front staff should change places.

There should be some kind of shuttle service to train. Several hotels in the area offer this. If you are booking in this area book one with train shuttle.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear sknight2014:

Many thanks for writing a review following your recent visit. We apologize if our guest services associates were not friendly. That's certainly not acceptable. We are certainly pleased you thought the housekeeping team was friendly.

We offer numerous shuttle options such as a complimentary airport shuttle, but we are downtown so walking to the train station is a mere 20min walk or a short $5 taxi ride.

Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to welcome you back as our guest.

Burlingame
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My bad impressions started before I arrived, when I called a few days in advance to find out whether there was a shuttle from the Westchester Airport or if I would need to take a taxi. The lady I spoke to asked me 3 times accusingly if I were a guest at the hotel. Since I was calling from the west coast, I said well, not yet, but I will be when I need the shuttle. Do they have problems with people trying to sneak free transportation from the airport or something? Then she made clear in no uncertain terms that I was to wait until I was outside before calling for the shuttle (they don't have courtesy phones at the airport, so you need to use your cell to call). When I was outside the little bitty airport with just my carry-on bag, I called, and after I was asked if I was already outside with my luggage, was told the wait would be 20 minutes. Well, I could have called when the plane landed 7 minutes earlier and still would have had to wait for the shuttle. So I don't understand that rule that keeps us waiting outside so long. It's not like you have to walk miles and wait a half hour at baggage claim.

Check-in was quick and abrupt, with no explanations of amenities. When I got to my room, the notices said there would be a daily charge for wifi if we were not given a password. So I called downstairs to find out what the charge is or could I have the password. She told me that since I am a rewards club member, wifi is free. It would have been nice to be told that at check-in.

At 2 am on the Saturday night before Memorial Day, a couple of drunken guests got into an altercation and the fire alarm was pulled. Someone on my floor called downstairs and was told we need to come down. It was a big to-do with 3 fire trucks, police, etc. I guess if there had been smoke or fire, asking the guests to come downstairs is necessary for our safety. But when you have a loose cannon on a floor, it might have been safer for us to stay in our rooms. In the end, the disturbance was enough that I was never able to fall back asleep. Several guests requested some sort of accommodation in the form of a discount off a future stay or points or something similar, just for the inconvenience. All we got in response was a form letter emphasizing guests' safety and basically saying it's not their fault when a guest pulls the fire alarm in the middle of the night. While I agree in principle, I do believe the way to win repeat customers is to empathize with our predicament and offer a small benefit that costs very little but earns a lot of goodwill points.

I will be moving to Westchester next month and will be staying somewhere while waiting for the house to be readied for move-in. This will not be the place I stay. Mainly because I wonder about the kind of guests they have, always trying to sneak free shuttles and having drunken rows in the middle of the night.

One positive I can say is that the room was lovely.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear JF4:

On behalf of all our associates we acknowledge and thank you for writing a review.

We regret terribly that you encountered challenges with something as simple as shuttle services. We run every half-hour 5:30am through 12:30am so it confounds us as to why you had these challenges to begin with. We are not aware of any abuse of persons trying to get free rides as non-hotel guests.

As for the activation of the life safety system, we apologize that you weren't happy with how it was handled. We have very specific instructions from White Plains Public Safety authorities and evacuating guests during alarms is a mandatory requirement. We're fortunate they don't occur often but it seems that when they do, it's never a good time of day.

Again, we sincerely apologize and do hope that you change your mind when next visiting beautiful White Plains New York.

Travelers are raving about these White Plains hotels

Been to Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown? Share your experiences!