“Awesome stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in White Plains
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Awesome stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I travel 3-4 days out the week every week for work and this is one of the best hotels yet! Very modern, quiet and extremely clean. I stayed 2 nights here and will be back again. Restaurant in he hotel, Outback across the street and Cheesecake Factory directly around the corner. Parking was safe and can be charged to your room also. As an IHG member I had a pick of a few things also. For all those ppl who did complain I really don't know what they expected other than someone to treat them like the prince of zamunda (coming to America). Front desk staff was friendly and processed everyone quickly with a smile. Maike (not sure if I spelled her name right) was awesome. I say stay and be surprised at how great it is!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Brenda T:

On behalf of all my colleagues here we extend a big THANK YOU for the wonderful review, and for the time you've taken to go on-line.

Naturally we're very pleased your stay was awesome and for sure we will happily acknowledge our Guest Services Representative Maike for the recognition so deserved.

We value your business very much and we look forward to having you back as our guest again soon.

Scott de Savoye ~ General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have stayed in Crowne Plaza two times and I have enjoyed my stay each time. The location is great if someone is visiting WhitePlains area. The proximity to the downtown and shuttle service to IBM Learning Center makes it the perfect choice for me. I would recommend this hotel to all IBMers visiting IBM Learning Center and IBM Central Head Quarters.

Room Tip: I love room 501
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Khalidraza:

On behalf of all our associates here at the Crowne Plaza White Plains, we gratefully thank you for taking the time to submit a review.

Your continued patronage is our top priority and we're very pleased you find our location and services great. We love IBM guests!

Until the next time you visit, stay well and thank you once again for your business. It means a lot to us.

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was in town for a friend's wedding and stayed at this hotel. It was a quick trip and I spent little time at the hotel. I wish I were in town longer to be able to enjoy more of this hotel's amenities. The room was beautiful and well appointed. It is conveniently located near major highways and is within the Westchester Mall. I would recommend a stay there anytime.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear jjparisi:

We wish to acknowledge and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Of course we're delighted you found the room beautiful and well appointed. And we agree: having the The Westchester luxury mall out our back door is a huge plus.

We appreciate your business at the Crowne Plaza White Plains, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

jenkintown, pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

first the good. the room was well appointed and clean, the valet service reasonable the bell/curb people good. now..... the front desk people need to be faster at check ins or the hotel needs additional employees. the gift bag clerk was AWFUL. no one there and she was tending to some imaginary task while you stand like a fool. once challenged she couldn't find my gift bag for 5 mins saying there was none for me (somehow she located it as i approached the elevator). the larger problem was clearly her attitude. this experience was about 2:00 pm on 11/2/13.

Room Tip: do NOT depend on check in clerks (among the hotel's weak links). all you get is you are stuck. t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear steve10740:

We are very grateful for the time you've taken to write a review...thank you!

With all the wedding and other family groups we have arriving on Saturday's, check-in can at times be a little hectic. We regret you found some delays checking in and clearly not having your gift bag at hand was an oversight on our part. We apologize for the obvious inconvenience.

We are glad you found the room well appointed and clean.

Thank you for your patronage and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Basking Ridge, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My company was in town for business and we booked multiple rooms for multiple nights-- on the last night, my colleague found a bedbug running across the coverlet!! This explained the mysterious, itchy bites that she had noticed appearing on her body over the previous days. She immediately trapped the bug under a glass and notified the management. Their response was to send up a bellhop with room keys to another room and a breakfast voucher. No apologies, no manager. Really?!

When we finally did get to speak with management, not only did they again not apologize, but they went as far saying, "Well, we can take a night off your stay and your valet charges, in good faith." In good faith?! As if my colleague had magically made a bed bug appear, trapped it under glass and then had also given herself itchy, welting bites?! And this was repeated to us many times-- "in good faith."

Upon check out, I (the one who was paying for all of the rooms) told the manager, Dana, that I would hold off on writing my review on TripAdvisor until I had heard from the General Manager. It has been 5 days since I checked out, my card has been charged and I have not heard one word from the General Manager, nor has my colleague.

So, long story short, not only does this hotel have bedbugs on the 9th floor, but when you advise them about the bugs, they would prefer to blame the customer than to apologize and bend over backwards to make it right. They have tainted my view of not only this Crowne Plaza, but the brand itself. Shame on you.

Room Tip: Do not choose the 9th floor-- there are bedbugs.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Caren O:

Thank you for writing a review following your recent visit.

We regret there appeared to be a bed bug in your colleague's room. Bed bugs have become quite a scourge in recent years and while no hotel (high-end or low-end) is immune, we have been fortunate not to have had that many cases - considering the international nature of our hotel guests visiting New York. It should be noted that these insects are brought into a hotel in luggage or other forms of "hitching" a ride. They should not reflect our tireless efforts to maintain a clean and healthy hotel facility.

In any case, we regret the manner in which this matter was handled: you and/or your colleague should have been contacted by the Manager On Duty in my absence, and on behalf of all our associates here, please accept our apologies for that not happening.

We regularly inspect for all manner of pests - bed bugs notwithstanding - and have found no other issues on the 9th floor or other guestrooms.

We appreciate that you brought this matter to my attention, and by all means we would be happy to speak to you personally on this matter. I can be reached at (914) 682-0050.

We do appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again soon.

New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night while attending an evening function in the area. I was a little concerned about several recent reviews, but we did not experience any problems while staying here. As I mentioned in the title, the hotel was "perfectly fine". It suited my needs and I would stay here again if I needed a place in the White Plains area. The hotel is situated downtown just off I-287 and across the street from the upscale Westchester Mall and in walking distance to the PF Chang's and Cheesecake Factory. The self parking was $12. While of course I wished it were free, the parking fee was not as steep as I was fearing. The parking garage is undergoing construction and is a bit of a mess, and if you were going in and out several times a day it would become tedious. Check-in was a breeze. While others mentioned surly front desk staff, we were handled by Braniff and I thought she was lovely. The room was a decent size, and the bed was very comfortable. The wifi is free only to members of the IHG hotel rewards program, so I signed up online 15 minutes before leaving for the hotel and it saved me the $9.95 fee. While there wasn't anything about the hotel that was "amazing" or "memorable" it was a comfortable spot for spending the night in White Plains.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Joshdent:

Thank you very much for taking the time out to write a comprehensive review following your recent visit.

We're very pleased you enjoyed your visit and that you also very pleased with Braniff's efforts at check-in.

Good for you too for enrolling in our IHG Rewards Club...you'll find the benefits to be well worth it!

We appreciate your business very much and certainly look forward to your return.

Long Beach Island, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The room was adequate but the temperature in the room was 60 when we entered. Waited half an hour for the heat to rise so I could shower. The cocktail lounge reminded me of a dunkin donuts coffee shop. Great location for a one or two night stop. If the service had been better, it would have received a higher rating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Angelo R:

We gratefully acknowledge and appreciate the time taken to write a review - thank you.

We are pleased you found our location convenient and your room adequate. We'll follow-up with Engineering to ensure the thermostat in your room was functioning properly.

We will endeavor to improve and thank you once again for your patronage at our hotel.

Scott de Savoye ~ General Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown? Share your experiences!