My family had stayed At the Crowne Plaza in White Plains two summers back for a wedding, during a major renovation. I was pleased to see that the room was clean, modern, and up-to-date. The room was large and, well, roomy, with good lighting and a large television. There was also a refridgerator, The bathroom was also very large. Unfortunately, the water pressure was so low that I could not get the hotel's shampoo out of my hair. It was a dribbe not a spray, even on the "massage" feature. Considering that it's a new renovation, it was very disappointing.
One small, but big issue: the volume on the channel the TV tunes to when you turn it on is blastingly loud. It is just that channel. I was awakened in the middle of the night when my neighbor turned their TV on, and may have accidentally returned the favor in the moring.
The service at the hotel was sub-par. I wanted to have the valet park my car, but sat for about two minutes without being noticed before giving up and deciding to park in the garage. The garage is under construction, and has limited space. I got all the way to the top without finding a space, but found a valet there (on the sixth floor of the parking lot?) who told me to park where the valets park one flight down from the entrance. That worked out. And there were valets in the hotel lobby when I got there, but none were looking outward.
There was a long line at check-in (at 6 PM on a week night) and one clerk at the front desk. She was ignoring the long line and giving the guest she was talking to restaurant suggestions. That she did not ask him to ask the concierge, who was ten feet away, and he did not step aside to let the ten or so people wanting to check in step forward, is on both of them. After about four minutes a second clerk came to the desk and began to process people.
The fellow who checked me in did his job remarkably adequately. He took my credit card and ID (but did not actually look at my ID). I was required to sign an electronic pad three times, acknowledging various things that made me, an almost 50 year old business man who is platinum with this family of hotel brands, feel extremely unwelcome. I am sorry, but it's not welcoming to ask guests to sign non-standard liabilitiy waivers to get their room. He was also unconcerned that there were no valets outside the hotel but did acknowledge that the parking garage construction was problematic.
I have spent may nights at another Crowne Plaza (at San Francisco Airport) and based on that experience, thought Crowne Plaza was a premium hotel brand. This hotel does not do the Crowne Plaza brand any favors.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown Hotel
- Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown Hotel White Plains
- White Plains Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown Westchester County, NY
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza White Plains Hotel is situated in downtown White Plains, NY, the heart of Westchester County. This White Plains New York hotel is only 30 minutes from Manhattan. Perfect for business and leisure travelers alike, it's accross the street from world class shopping at The Westchester Mall with Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom, among other fine retailers. New York Airports - La Guardia, JFK and Newark, are all easily accessible from the hotel. The Crowne Plaza White Plains features all non-smoking rooms and all guests can enjoy a new level of comfort with the Sleep Advantage program, which includes quiet zones, a sleep CD with relaxation tips, sleep amenities and a guaranteed wake-up call. The hotel also has wireless high speed Internet access throughout the entire facility. If you are planning a meeting, the Crowne Plaza White Plains Westchester Hotel is 'The Place to Meet' with the Crowne meetings director to work with you hand in hand until your event is completed. We'll ensure that you have one point of contact for all of your needs during your events by providing a daily meetings debrief. This Crowne Plaza White Plains NY hotel promises a better meetings experience for the meeting planner and a better night's sleep for the meeting attendees and guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.