“Great Couples Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in White Plains
new york
“Great Couples Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Looking for a quick getaway in suburban NY? Don't want to leave property? Great Spa! Restaurant, etc. Book it!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Medford, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Ritz for a weekend getaway. We found the service to be excellent from the time we pulled the car until we left 2 days later. The valet was very efficient in bringing our car around and making us feel welcome. The front desk addressed our requests and dealt timely with our only negative about our stay.

We had a room on the 4th floor which we found out Saturday night had no separation from the ballroom when the walls started vibrated with wedding dance music. Between 11 and 12:15, I thought I was at a dub step venue in south London before remembering that I was staying at a 5-star hotel. Although the hotel staff reduced my bill, the noise did interrupt the tranquility and relaxation. I think they should put guests not associated with parties taking place at the hotel on higher floors separated from the noise.

We found the room and bathroom very comfortable and well-appointed. Personally, I am not a fan of soft mattresses but the pillows were nice (not the 4 inch high bricks found at many hotels).

The hotel is within walking distance of the Westchester Mall and the bars on Mamaroneck Avenue.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
FlyersFanInLA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I just went on a business and golf trip to West Chester and this hotel did a nice job at nearly every thing. Well appointed room. Nice bed. They could improve the valet staff's knowledge of local establishments as they had no idea where I was going (a golf course 10 min away) or how to get there. I had to rely on the Hertz Never Lost thing which I am getting better at.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor or you might get no view like I did on 4
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Colchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I only stayed at this hotel for one night on business, and I was out to dinner with clients so did not have time to check outthe bar, restaurant or leisure facilities.
However - check in was very efficient with very friendly and professional staff. My room was beautiful!
At the time of my visit I was actually suffereing from a terrible cold, and I was chocka with a horrid cough and bad throat. When I checked out the same great guy who checked me in offered to make me some tea, or honey and lemon, get me some lozenges - all without me asking. Following my assurance I was fine and just going to wait for my ride any minute, I was sat in the lobby on the phone and I had a small coughing fit, the next minute whilst I was still on the phone, a member of staff came over and gave me a bottle of water. This is the sort of service that really is looking after your customers and going the extra mile. I will defintiely stay again next visit. I have stayed at several other hotels in the area when I travel to this area for business every year, and it is without doubt the best on so many different levels!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Concord Carlisle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for my cousins wedding. The Rooms were nice. The service was tremendous. The Bat was great place to throw back a few and watch the game. It's a big property but not too bad. Everyone at the hotel was awesome. I would recommend to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed July 2011
Washington D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

The Ritz has become synonymous with luxury and decadence. This Ritz is certainly no exception. And, as I may be biased as I spent my wedding night here, this place rightfully deserves a 5 star rating for the absolutely amazing attention to detail, service, and food.

A couple of noteworthy memories that make the Ritz Westchester so memorable:

-We checked in, very late, after arriving from our wedding reception (in Westport, CT). As is typical for brides and grooms, we were STARVING as we spent the whole night socializing and dancing, instead of, you know, eating anything. Despite the fact that the kitchen was closed, the Ritz staff had no trouble whipping up our desired dishes (yup, after skipping our wedding filet mignon, we ordered grilled cheese and fries...).

-My husband had booked the honeymoon package, so we got fantastic bubbly, fine chocolates, and ginormous chocolate covered strawberries.

-After accidentally breaking one of the champagne glasses in the bathroom, my husband called the front desk to apologize. Not only did they deem it "no problem at all," but of course we didn't have to pay for a replacement. And they sent a new one up for us stat.

-Breakfast is not cheap, but so, so good. Great choices ranging from cholesterol indulgent to uber healthy fruits and yoghurts.

Thanks, Ritz staff, for a memorable stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

FIrst off I'd like to say we chose this hotel because we love the Ritz but don't always have the funds to pay for the it. They had a wonderful weekend rate and a $50 credit for the Hotel.

It is centrally located within walking distance to everything. Serafinas', BLT,Sofrito's also the restaurant on the 42nd floor(did not visit) but also Mortons is a short drive. I also loved the fact that there was so much shopping in one spot. Right across the street is a decent mall but also there is the exclusive shops within walking distance or a short drive. The movie theatre is across the street.

The customer service was great. I receive a phone call the day before and asked what was our stay for and if I needed anything.I asked for some champagne flutes and ice and when we got to our room they were there along with a lovely surprise of chocolate covered strawberries. They were great. The pool and gym was quiet for the most part but it is shared with the residents of the Ritz Apartments, so be prepared to see children in the pool.

THe only complaint I have is the food at the ritz. We ordered dessert and it was horrible. Also ordered room service coffee and that was terrible also. But the service outweight that part. If you want anything to eat...dont have it there...go to all the great eateries that are around the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing high floor. Just be prepared that the highest floor is on 8.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Westchester? Share your experiences!