“Returned to its former glory!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mulino's of Westchester is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 209 Restaurants in White Plains
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Quarropas Street
New York
“Returned to its former glory!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We were pleased to find that the recent reviews are correct, and Mulino's is, once again, a pleasant eating experience. Years ago it was a favorite of ours, to spend a special special evening out; but, when the meals began to deteriorate in quality, and the service as well, we found other places to spend our hard earned $.

As reviewed by others, immediately upon sitting, our bread plates were presented with a delicious slice of hard italian cheese and small slices of hard sausage, a bread basket , and a bit of bruchetta on a slice of bread, as well. These were all wonderful taste treats and kept us quite content until we were ready to order. The complimentary, appetizer plate of fried little zucchini's sclices was so awful, we sent it back and did not request a replacement. Each little slice was ice cold and soaking with oil, a true heartburn nightmare.

Our entrees of Veal Sorrientino and sauteed Chicken breast topped, with sliced shitake mushrooms and cut aspargus, were both very tasty, although in some spots extremely salty; this was as if someone in the kitchen had sprinkled salt, here and there, over the food. The areas where the salt did not hit were just fine. The dishes came with a side of nicely scalloped potatoes; why do I say nicely? I do not like creamy potatoes; these were not in a sauce at all and complemented the main courses well.

The decor is as beautiful, and inviting, as always. As long as you are aware, in advance, that the dishes are quite expensive, even more so than the prices listed on sample menus the web, you will have a lovely dining experience. We hope you enjoy.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

White Plains, New York
“Just keeps getting better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This the first review I have ever written online. Repeated excellent experiences at Mulino's restaurant made me feel it merited going public. Mulino's is my go to restaurant for fine dining in Westchester. From the classy doors at the entrance to the elegant but warm feeling interior, not to mention the glass wall with the waterfall fountain and fish pond on the other side, the atmosphere sets the stage for the dining experience. I have always found the service to be very attentive and professional. You are made to feel special. The food does not disappoint. You are welcomed with slices of delicious fresh parmigiana sliced from a full sized section right at your table. Then comes the bruschetta, breadsticks, slices of salami, etc. Each time I go there is a large selection of daily specials. I often end up not even looking at the extensive menu of excellent dishes. Last week I ordered the "Orange Roughy" fish from New Zealand" which was prepared to perfection. In summary I have never had a bad meal at Mulino's. I can't comment on the desserts because I usually don't have room left to order them. Their outstanding cappuccinos is generally how I end my meal. The consistent quality of the food, service, and decor keeps bringing me back to Mulino's. Christmas is a great time to go to see the elaborate decorations and the full and festive atmosphere although truthfully I prefer the off peak times.

• Visited October 2013
Fort Myers, FL
“Outstanding fine dining restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Wow - what a great meal with impeccable service! We had a party of four and enjoy appetizers and several of our wait staff recommendations for main course. The atmosphere is warm, upscale and relaxing. This isn't your place for a quick bite - take your time and enjoy! A little pricey but worth it for a special occasion.

• Visited October 2013
Yorktown Heights, New York
“Lost Their Step”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I used to work across the street in the County Office Bldg and Mulino's was my favorite treat for lunch or dinner. We had dinner there in September and it was not even close to my memories. The chicken and lobster entree was ghastly. Under cooked full breast of chicken wrapped around a small undercooked lobster tail. Does not belong on the menu. Tasteless apple tart and overly sweet tiramisu for dessert. The shrimp appetizer was excellent. But, hit or miss food at these prices is not excusable.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“An exquisite 50th Anniversary Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We just held a private party at Mulinos to commemorate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. We were overwhelmed by the attentiveness of the staff and the exceptional service. They truly catered to our guests every need. The food was delicious..everything was beautifully presented and superb. The restaurant decor itself is gorgeous and everyone enjoyed the beautiful scenery of the waterfall and Koi pond (especially the children who attended). This restaurant and Jimmy (with whom we booked the party and created the menu) went above and beyond our expectations. Truly a magnificent experience!!

• Visited September 2013