“Gem in White Plains” 5 of 5 stars

1 North Broadway, White Plains, NY
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaucho Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 209 Restaurants in White Plains
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Argentinean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Main Street and Hamilton Avenue
Transit: Bee-line Bus System stops at North Broadway and Main Street (1 minute walk to restaurant). Only a ten minute walk from the Metro North Railroad Station (White Plains stop available local and express).
“Gem in White Plains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Gaucho Grill is a modern Argentine steakhouse with an extensive menu offering something for everyone. The decor is beautiful, service is excellent even with a full house and the food was superior! Most of us had different things and all loved the food. Best steaks ever cooked exactly as ordered! Although the prices are a bit high you get what you pay for. The quality is top notch and the portions are large. The wait staff is attentive and anticipates your needs. We had a table of five and found that the water glasses and even the bread were refilled without our asking. Food for everyone was delivered at the same time by several members of staff. Although it was busy we were not rushed through our courses and no dishes were taken from the table until everyone was finished [proper dining service!]. Extensive wine list available. Will be back for sure.

White Plains, New York
“Fabulous Food in a good atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We decided to try gaucho for Westchester Restaurant Week. So glad we went! Theplace was very busy, but that didn't affect the service at all. From the smiling Hostess to our wonderful waiter, we had a great experience. there is no question that the menu is pricy, but the food really was wonderful. We had Seafood Chowder and a Pork Empanada to start - both were outstanding. The skirt steak was really good, a bit under-cooked, but no issue with sending it back to get a little more grill time. The staff was gracious at all times. Having Tiramisu for dessert was probably not the "right" selection in an Argentinian steakhouse, but it was really yummy! And I had a delicious Coconut Mojito! They also infused their own vodka flavors.
The dining room is elegant, but relaxed. Totally recommend this restaurant for a night out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
bedford new york
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The food was good and service was as well. Three of us had the rib eye they said best steak ever. I don't understand why people complained about the service. We where there on a busy Friday nite, and no problems with waiters.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Scarsdale, New York
“Very Nice With an Interesting Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We decided that we needed to try a new place. So, on the spur of the moment, I made a reservation for tonight. I looked at their menu on the website and decided that this place would be worth a try. And was it ever. A little pricey so it's definitely not a twice per month destination but once in a while -- by all means go.

We started with the Insalata Bandiera - Baby arugula, fresh mozzarella, shrimp, avocado, cherry tomatoes, dressed in an Italian vinaigrette. The menu description was intriguing so we tried it although I do have a religious objection to 12 bucks for a salad. One salad for two was a nice start to dinner.

My wife had the Chicken Martini - chicken breast in a parmesan crust in a lemon wine sauce. Very nice lite mild dish served with a boring dollop of mashed potatoes. I had the halibut special which was prepared with various savory ingredients including olives capers and some sort of a small hot pepper. I don't heat much spicy food and this wasn't spicy at all although I will say that if the peppers were omitted from the recipe, something would have been missing. The fish was plated on a bed of perfectly prepared spinach. Since neither dish came with a side, we ordered the grilled asparagus. I love asparagus and these would be on the "I will order this again" list.

We finished with coffee - no dessert.

The service was fine. The wait staff works in teams and it was efficient and polite. And, very important to me - when I am served and respond to the server with "Thank You" I never want to hear "No Problem" as the response and when I do, the tip goes down. I never once heard that phrase.

We arrived for a 6:45 PM dinner reservation and were seated promptly. We left at 8:30 - perfect!!!!

The one downside that I found was that the parking lot is a bit shabby and the elevators weren't working well so we had to walk around to the entrance to a retail shopping mall to find another set of elevators to take us up into the parking lot and then, since we were on the far side of the parking area, had some difficulty locating the car. Something I didn't know in advance is that the restaurant offers Valet Parking. When I go again (and I will) I will avail myself of the valet service.

While the champagne cocktails were a little pricey at $15.00 per, at $70.00 per person complete (tax and a 22% tip - yep the service was that good) not bad for what we got.

• Visited October 2013
White Plains, New York
“Great food and Ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Nice menu with plenty of options. Italian fused with Spanish makes it a wonderful pairing. Definitely would come back