“Don't miss this one” 4 of 5 stars

1 North Broadway, White Plains, NY
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaucho Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 231 Restaurants in White Plains
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Main Street and Hamilton Avenue
Transit: Bee-line Bus System stops at North Broadway and Main Street (1 minute walk to restaurant). Only a ten minute walk from the Metro North Railroad Station (White Plains stop available local and express).
White Plains, New York
“Don't miss this one”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

2nd time here, the food is always top notch, the restaurant is stunning. 4 of us were here last Sat. night, we had reservations and we were seated immediately in a beautiful room surrounded by wines.The appetizers were lovely and the dinner choices: hanger steak, Osso bucco were delicious. Their fish special that evening was given just an OK review. As much as I love this restaurant, I need to mention the fact that our waiter needed social skills, he was curt, gruff, and
generally unpleasant. Also, by the time we left the restaurant, the noise level was extreme. I know this is a hot spot in WP, but the two negatives I just mentioned make it a little less pleasurable.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“I expected something different, something better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The restaurant is nice, the location is OK, has valet parking, is comfortable, quiet, spacious (it has three rooms). "THAT'S THE GOOD PART".
Now what I do not like:
- Pedi Argentine churrasco and also a barbecue Argentina, which served us seemed not at all what I know (I should clarify that I am Argentine and my guests were American). The carvery was just a piece of meat and sausage in flavor and texture size, not even a quarter of what is a beef sausage.
I chose a red wine from Bodegas Catena Malbec 2010 vintage (great, I recommend it), when I ask for another bottle "and had no more".
As for the service, The waiters are very attentive, but lack basic knowledge (wine is served by the right of the client, the other way around the food, which is served from the left). As a rule of courtesy is served first ladies. Almost none of that respect. A real shame.
I'm sorry, maybe I expected too much. Concerning the price, dinner for four with two bottles of wine almost 350 dollars. Expensive

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Great steak, great ambiance, great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Steaks are on point here! You are served with class in a beautiful ambiance. The Gaucho Grill is an outstanding restaurant where you know the minute you arrive that the dinner will be special. Doors are opened for you making you immediately feel like you are important. There is a beautiful bar where Carlos, the bartender takes pride in the art of mixology. You will be escorted to a rear dining room which is decorated in mostly white.
The appetizers are delicious and presented in a beautiful manner. The steaks are great, try the "Cowboy", it will know your socks off! Their wine list is not too shabby and quite impressive. Try it and you will love it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Harrison, New York
“Something for everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I've been to Gaucho for dinner twice now and have enjoyed it both times. It's a fun addition to the area - nice to have a new choice to dine out with friends. The menu is quite varied with both Argentinian and Italian themed food. The pros: attentive valet parking, fun atmosphere, good service, the Argentinean dishes - beef empanadas and paella, nice salads (have not tried the steak but have been told it's very good), great cocktails, good size portions (can share), special requests were properly executed, good for groups. The cons: the room to the left of the main dining room feels like a hotel ballroom (no charm), the food is good but not fabulous (except those incredible empanadas!), it's a big and busy place I imagine plenty of margin for error during peak times, too much chicken in the seafood paella, white wines by the glass are not great quality, and it can be noisy depending on your table. Next time, we'll go a little later in the evening or during the week.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chappaqua, New York
“Fire Alarm During Dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We arrived for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. It was a Monday night and the restaurant was sparsely occupied. We ordered our drinks and dinner and we were just being served our salads and appetizers when the fire alarm went off. Apart from a very mediocre iceberg wedge salad, the noise from the alarm was overwhelming. We inquired as to whether there was a fire or just a false alarm. Our waiter advised us that the alarm goes off all the time and that they had to wait for the firemen to arrive to turn it off. After waiting about 15 minutes all the while listening to the blaring alarm we left the establishment and do not intend to revisit again in the future. This was a very disappointing way to celebrate an anniversary.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere