“Quite possibly the best, freshest sushi ever” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 209 Restaurants in White Plains
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Quite possibly the best, freshest sushi ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Chef is formerly of top sushi restaurant in NYC Kurumazushi. I don't know how they get sushi to taste like this, but if you are a connoisseur, you cannot miss this place. Allow the chef to prepare what he likes for you, or the "omakase"--you will be very pleased. Make sure you have plenty of credit line available on your card though--very expensive (or he will give you a discount for cash if he likes you!) That said--it is much cheaper than flying to Tokyo, and there aren't many places even there that can rival this. Reservations are a must and don't be late--chef is not so flexible.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Katonah, New York
“Always a remarkable meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

The owner of this restaurant is quite the character. He came from a very poor family in Japan to work at Nobu and Masa. He now owns and works in his own restaurant with his wife and son. He is a success story. The last time that we were there was the first time that he did not have to ask people to leave, who did not have reservations, despite the restaurant having many open seats! He is a perfectionist at what he does. He takes the time to plan out meals and does not like to have to accommodate walk-ins. His dishes are finely crafted with the highest quality ingredients. The meals are significantly less than you would pay for at Nobu and Masa and the quality in in their league. This restaurant is a splurge and worth every dollar spent!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Good food poor service--there are better places out there”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

recently heard an NPR segment about 4.3 star review so I am going to do my best to steer clear of 4 star reviews.
So I went here on a glowing recommendation from a co-worker. As a novice sushi eater I was following my dates lead as he knew much more about traditional japan style sushi than I. (I do like to think that I have a mature palate and I enjoy new things) You MUST provide a credit card number before your reservations will be taken. If you cancel or do not show you will be charged $35. They make it very clear that there is a minimum of $35 per person.
We were recieved 2 phone calls one at the 5 mins mark and another at the 9 min mark. We were on foot and we were late. the second phone call came when we were on the block and they tried to tell us that our reservation would be cancelled.
We showed up and they sat us. There was one other party of 4 there, no one else showed up the rest of the night.
As many have mentioned to say the service left a lot to be desired is an understatement. The chef came over and all but yelled at my date about what of the 2 things he was to order. They have an extensive menu but when he comes over he basically gave us 2 options. We got a handful of Edamae to start and when we went to order hot sake we were told that was old fashion and they only had cold. We stuck to beer. This guy is a sushi Nazi. However the food was very good. My date had spent extensive time in Japan and he said that it was one of the best meals he has had in a while. I cannot complain about the food, I wish I could explain what I ate but I cannot, I just dug in. However the service, reservation policy and price prevent me from giving this place a better rating. I am sure there is better out there and I would be willing to pay for a more pleasurable expereince.

• Visited April 2012