“As good as it gets” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house White Plains

You added HYATT house White Plains to your Saves list
HYATT house White Plains
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Corporate Park Drive, White Plains, NY 10604 (Formerly Summerfield Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in White Plains
Cleveland, OH
“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My wife and I were visiting family. When we arrived at the hotel, we ended up being upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite which was bigger than our first apartment! There was a completely outfitted kitchen with every appliance, and the bedrooms and the sitting area were each separate rooms. The carpet and furnishings were seemingly quite new and were very comfortable. Check in was smooth and effortless. In addition to a very good complimentary breakfast, there are refreshments served every weekday in the early evening. Perhaps because it is listed as a long-term stay hotel, it felt much nicer than the sterile feeling that you get at most hotels. From now on, I will be seeking Hyatt Houses to stay at.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel has dirty rooms. The front desk staff were not to nice, They showed no concern about my father. They gave him dirty looks, they never apologized for him not getting clean sheets, towels ect. Try and eat dinner there with all the noise and kids screaming is worse than a jr high. These grown ups act worse than kids. There is this one group that huddle in the corner and talk about everyone, watch how much food you are taking. Give me a break grow up and get a life instead of showing so much concern in what other people are doing!!

• Stayed April 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is an extended stay hotel. I have a very roomy 2 bedroom 2 bath unit. Both bath rooms are on suite. One room had a king bed and the other 2 double beds. The unit had a complete kitchen with automatic coffee maker, microwave, dishwasher, and a full size refrigerator. Unit had 3 TVs, one in each bed room and another in the living area. The TV in the living area also had a DVD player. Staff was very friendly. The hotel has a complimentary breakfast that had an assortment of hot dishes (e.g. eggs, hash browns, sausages) and cold items (e.g. fruit, cereal, and yogurt.) I thought that it was a nice touch to serve breakfast on real stoneware dishes with stainless steel utensils. Most of the other hotels that I have stayed at that serve a breakfast only have paper plates and plastic utensils. The hotel also served some “happy hour” food in the evenings. I was not at the hotel when this was served. Other guests seem to think that it was sufficient food for a snack or a light dinner. The hotel as pre-printed directions to local attraction such as the White Plain shopping mall or the near by Target. I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: For a quite room ask for a unit on a higher floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
White Plains, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed here for a little over two weeks with my family due to some renovations being made in our home (not because of hurricane damage). The majority of the front desk staff are oblivious and clueless. We had to extend our stay by more than a week and when we were ready to do so, we spoke with Jenny who is in charge of sales who asked us if we were paying for this stay out of our own pocket. Considering she was the one who had no problem quoting me a rate of $269 a night when she saw my black American Express card, I don't see who else would be paying for our stay. She then realized that we were not staying there due to hurricane damage and paying a FEMA rate. The only reason we were able to extend our stay on such short notice is because we were paying full price. It's wrong that if someone had no where else to go because they were using a FEMA rate that this hotel would prevent them from staying here. One of the front desk staff also had the nerve to ask my mother if she was "the babysitter" when her and my father were getting dinner downstairs one night. Just because she's Hispanic that doesn't mean she doesn't have the right to stay there. The front desk staff member who asked my Mom was gave her a look as if to say "you don't belong here because you aren't White." We have no children with us so I have no idea where she got that idea from. The level of noise in this hotel is high. Doors shut loudly here and if you are leaning against the wall in your bedroom, you feel the wall move when someone shuts the door. I did not sleep well any of the nights that we were at this hotel and I used earplugs and a sound machine to sleep. The only great things about this hotel are daily breakfast, the Monday-Thursday dinner, the in-suite kitchen and that we were allowed to have our small dog with us. Unfortunately, there aren't many hotels with spacious suites in this area but I know for next time that we're better off renting an unfurnished apartment for a month and dragging all of our furniture with us.

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevators and doors that lead to the staircase are your best bet. If you can request...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Anthony D, General Manager at HYATT house White Plains, responded to this review, February 12, 2013

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Our successes are due to the number of clients and guests that continuously stay and refer us. I personally spoke to your parents and hope that was conveyed to you. Our hostess who assisted your parents has been here for 9+ years. We cater to many different nationalities and have a very diverse staff. We pride ourselves in customer service.

Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and would be happy to discuss this in further detail.
Please feel free to contact me directly at 914-251-9700

Anthony Damiano
Hyatt house White Plains
Ventnor City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Found the Hyatt House was much more than expected. Clean, bright, cozy and friendly, couldn't ask for more. Stayed one night, was given a large two bedroom suite....each room had a full bath, king size bed with a large TV, desk and plenty of closet space.
There was a living room area with a sectional sofa and a large TV. The suit had a full kitchen with a stove, full size refrig, dishwasher, microwave, granite countertops, and a small counter/table with stools. The cabinets were well stocked with pots,cooking utensils, dishware and etc. There was everything needed to prepare a meal, even a cheese grater. The hotel has a grocery shopping service at no fee. The suite was spotless and decorated in a pleasing decor.
The complimentary breakfast buffet had a variety of foods both hot and cold with plenty of choices. There is also a complimentary social hour Monday through Thursday from 5:30 to 7:00 pm with wine, beer and appetizers, the list of appetizers was impressive, everything from soups to wings to tacos.
The Hyatt House has a fitness center, business center/services, outdoor pool and whirlpool, as well as a BBQ and sport court.
Would recommend the Hyatt House and will stay again when in White Plains.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a function in Scarsdale, NY, but noted that it seemed more like a residence hotel for business people. We had a king room on a weekend and were surprised to be given a huge 2 bedroom suite with a small kitchen (full size range, dishwasher!, sink). It was so large that we invited another relative who was attending the event to share the room. We had a great hot breakfast with eggs, coffee, toast, etc. buffet style. The rooms were very nice with granite in the BR, nice beds and a large sitting area. I noticed several people doing laundry since they were probably long-term residents. The hotel was located in a corporate area with office buildings nearby, but it was stll close to Hartsdale, Scarsdale and White Plains. There is high-end shopping nearby. It is not the Ritz, but was a great surprise for a short stay in the suburbs. The front desk staff was very pleasant and I would feel safe staying here alone. It was a 3 story building with a large number of rooms. The fitness area and pool area looked nice. In summary, I thought it was perfect for a quick visit and seemed to be a great place to stay if you were doing business in the area and had a limited budget.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am very disappointed in this hotel. The rooms are ok, sometimes not that clean. On several occasions, the room I was assigned had a very bad odor and as a result I had to change my room several times. It wasn't a particular room but there were multiple rooms that had this smell. I even talked to the manager about this and he mentioned that he was call me back to discuss the matter but never did. Very disappointed. The staff was friend and the breakfast was nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Anthony D, General Manager at HYATT house White Plains, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear PD:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide feedback on our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. If it is at all possible please call or email me directly so I can find out some additional information (dates, etc.) in regards to your experience since I was unaware of any problems. To be moved "several times" is unacceptable and concerning since we have never encountered such an issue.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to hear back from you with further details.

Anthony Damiano
Hyatt house White Plains

Been to HYATT house White Plains? Share your experiences!