“Spacious Apartment Much More than a Suite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house White Plains

Save Saved
You added HYATT house White Plains to your Saves list
HYATT house White Plains
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Corporate Park Drive, White Plains, NY 10604 (Formerly Summerfield Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in White Plains
“Spacious Apartment Much More than a Suite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is an extended stay hotel. I have a very roomy 2 bedroom 2 bath unit. Both bath rooms are on suite. One room had a king bed and the other 2 double beds. The unit had a complete kitchen with automatic coffee maker, microwave, dishwasher, and a full size refrigerator. Unit had 3 TVs, one in each bed room and another in the living area. The TV in the living area also had a DVD player. Staff was very friendly. The hotel has a complimentary breakfast that had an assortment of hot dishes (e.g. eggs, hash browns, sausages) and cold items (e.g. fruit, cereal, and yogurt.) I thought that it was a nice touch to serve breakfast on real stoneware dishes with stainless steel utensils. Most of the other hotels that I have stayed at that serve a breakfast only have paper plates and plastic utensils. The hotel also served some “happy hour” food in the evenings. I was not at the hotel when this was served. Other guests seem to think that it was sufficient food for a snack or a light dinner. The hotel as pre-printed directions to local attraction such as the White Plain shopping mall or the near by Target. I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: For a quite room ask for a unit on a higher floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
White Plains, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed here for a little over two weeks with my family due to some renovations being made in our home (not because of hurricane damage). The majority of the front desk staff are oblivious and clueless. We had to extend our stay by more than a week and when we were ready to do so, we spoke with Jenny who is in charge of sales who asked us if we were paying for this stay out of our own pocket. Considering she was the one who had no problem quoting me a rate of $269 a night when she saw my black American Express card, I don't see who else would be paying for our stay. She then realized that we were not staying there due to hurricane damage and paying a FEMA rate. The only reason we were able to extend our stay on such short notice is because we were paying full price. It's wrong that if someone had no where else to go because they were using a FEMA rate that this hotel would prevent them from staying here. One of the front desk staff also had the nerve to ask my mother if she was "the babysitter" when her and my father were getting dinner downstairs one night. Just because she's Hispanic that doesn't mean she doesn't have the right to stay there. The front desk staff member who asked my Mom was gave her a look as if to say "you don't belong here because you aren't White." We have no children with us so I have no idea where she got that idea from. The level of noise in this hotel is high. Doors shut loudly here and if you are leaning against the wall in your bedroom, you feel the wall move when someone shuts the door. I did not sleep well any of the nights that we were at this hotel and I used earplugs and a sound machine to sleep. The only great things about this hotel are daily breakfast, the Monday-Thursday dinner, the in-suite kitchen and that we were allowed to have our small dog with us. Unfortunately, there aren't many hotels with spacious suites in this area but I know for next time that we're better off renting an unfurnished apartment for a month and dragging all of our furniture with us.

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevators and doors that lead to the staircase are your best bet. If you can request...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Anthony D, General Manager at HYATT house White Plains, responded to this review, February 12, 2013

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Our successes are due to the number of clients and guests that continuously stay and refer us. I personally spoke to your parents and hope that was conveyed to you. Our hostess who assisted your parents has been here for 9+ years. We cater to many different nationalities and have a very diverse staff. We pride ourselves in customer service.

Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and would be happy to discuss this in further detail.
Please feel free to contact me directly at 914-251-9700

Anthony Damiano
Hyatt house White Plains
Ventnor City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Found the Hyatt House was much more than expected. Clean, bright, cozy and friendly, couldn't ask for more. Stayed one night, was given a large two bedroom suite....each room had a full bath, king size bed with a large TV, desk and plenty of closet space.
There was a living room area with a sectional sofa and a large TV. The suit had a full kitchen with a stove, full size refrig, dishwasher, microwave, granite countertops, and a small counter/table with stools. The cabinets were well stocked with pots,cooking utensils, dishware and etc. There was everything needed to prepare a meal, even a cheese grater. The hotel has a grocery shopping service at no fee. The suite was spotless and decorated in a pleasing decor.
The complimentary breakfast buffet had a variety of foods both hot and cold with plenty of choices. There is also a complimentary social hour Monday through Thursday from 5:30 to 7:00 pm with wine, beer and appetizers, the list of appetizers was impressive, everything from soups to wings to tacos.
The Hyatt House has a fitness center, business center/services, outdoor pool and whirlpool, as well as a BBQ and sport court.
Would recommend the Hyatt House and will stay again when in White Plains.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a function in Scarsdale, NY, but noted that it seemed more like a residence hotel for business people. We had a king room on a weekend and were surprised to be given a huge 2 bedroom suite with a small kitchen (full size range, dishwasher!, sink). It was so large that we invited another relative who was attending the event to share the room. We had a great hot breakfast with eggs, coffee, toast, etc. buffet style. The rooms were very nice with granite in the BR, nice beds and a large sitting area. I noticed several people doing laundry since they were probably long-term residents. The hotel was located in a corporate area with office buildings nearby, but it was stll close to Hartsdale, Scarsdale and White Plains. There is high-end shopping nearby. It is not the Ritz, but was a great surprise for a short stay in the suburbs. The front desk staff was very pleasant and I would feel safe staying here alone. It was a 3 story building with a large number of rooms. The fitness area and pool area looked nice. In summary, I thought it was perfect for a quick visit and seemed to be a great place to stay if you were doing business in the area and had a limited budget.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am very disappointed in this hotel. The rooms are ok, sometimes not that clean. On several occasions, the room I was assigned had a very bad odor and as a result I had to change my room several times. It wasn't a particular room but there were multiple rooms that had this smell. I even talked to the manager about this and he mentioned that he was call me back to discuss the matter but never did. Very disappointed. The staff was friend and the breakfast was nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Anthony D, General Manager at HYATT house White Plains, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear PD:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide feedback on our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. If it is at all possible please call or email me directly so I can find out some additional information (dates, etc.) in regards to your experience since I was unaware of any problems. To be moved "several times" is unacceptable and concerning since we have never encountered such an issue.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to hear back from you with further details.

Anthony Damiano
Hyatt house White Plains
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

My family and I (wife + 3 teenagers) stayed here for just over a month. Having relocated to New York we used the Hyatt House as temporary accommodation while we arranged permanent residence.
The hotel is situated about 2 miles away from White Plains centre which, initially seemed like a problem, but the regular hotel shuttle-bus schedule made life easier and, in retrospect, being away from the centre of White Plains was probably an advantage!

Our overall experience was excellent. The accommodation is well presented and adequately sized (without being overly spacious). Our 2 bedroomed apartment had a well equipped kitchen withi microwave, toaster, pots, pans, dishwasher, coffee machine and standard-size fridge/freezer which we found to be very useful for the preparation of occasional meals.
The entire premises are well maintained and clean with full service of the apartment daily (7 days a week).
The breakfast buffet was very good and they rotated the hot options every day.
The evening "snack" was excellent and, if you've had a main meal for lunch, easily suffices. The complimentary beer and wine is a great way to unwind at the end of the day and, having checked out last week, my wife and I are missing our nightly glass of Copper Ridge Merlot!!
However, the thing that makes the Hyatt House really "work" is the quality of customer service! From Reception staff, to cleaning and catering staff, to the Management, this hotel offers a warm friendly and efficient service that is sadly lacking in most other areas of New York! Special mention of Darren, the driver of the complimentary shuttle whose friendly style and customer service enhanced our stay considerably!
A great facility that I wholeheartedly recommend!

• Stayed December 2012
Folsom, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights while visiting family, who live in White Plains. The hotel is a short distance from the town, but you do have to drive there. It is located in a coorperate area and is surrounded by businesses. We found the room to be very comfortable and large enough to lounge and relax in. There was a TV in the bedroom and in the living area. It has a small kitchen and you can easily cook and eat there if needed. It was all very clean. There are no restaurants nearby, within walking distance. You can order delivery from an Italian restaurant or buy high sodium, frozen and packaged prepared foods at the hotel. They do have a daily breakfast with a good variety of food. I especially enjoyed the good quality coffee and selection of tea. the staff were very nice and helpful. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to HYATT house White Plains? Share your experiences!