“Solid Burger Joint” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Brought to you by the creators of Graziella's and Blue
White Plains, New York, United States
“Solid Burger Joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have been to Westchester Burger three times. Twice we have gone because we had a Groupon.

Meal: Tonight the manfriend and I shared a bowl of French Onion Soup (really good, but reminded me strongly of beef top ramen flavor), Fried Mac & Cheese (skip it, pretty but flavorless), and the Pretzel Burger (Burger, Fried Egg, Cheddar, Pretzel Bun - good).

Pros: Food is fairly solid. The WCB and the burger with the chili are great, tonights burger was good, not great. Service is good. You can often catch Groupons ($10 for $20 or $20 for $40).

Cons: They are expensive and then they nickel and dime you ($3 for a flat soda).

Overall - A solid experience that is well worth it if you have a Groupon.

Visited September 2013

“Really Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We went to Westchester Burger on a Saturday night. Although the restaurant was full it wasn't crowded. The staff isn't the most enthusiastic but they still do a good job. I thought the wings were magnificent, and so was the burger. It is very clean, and I highly recommend it. The only negative was that there is a bad magician who comes in every Saturday....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nanuet, New York
“Great Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I've eaten here twice in the last year and have been very satisfied. There are some unique burger options on the menu and the few I've tried, the pretzel burger and the Kobe burger have been delicious. The fries are also very good and plentiful. I noticed the service is better at night when it's busy. I went during the afternoon when it was empty and got subpar service. The wait staff was busy eating at the bar. That being said this particular location is worth visiting. They are a little pricey but not exorbitant. My friends have visited other locations and said they're not as good as the White Plains restaurant. They just opened one up on route 303 in West Nyack opposite the Palisades mall which I intend to try out. I hope it's as good as this one so I can save the bridge toll. This 303 location has been jinxed for years with restaurant after restaurant closing. I hope this one sticks.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Murder burgers to die for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

The Kobe burger on the brioche bun was fantastic and definitely pay the extra 2 bucks for the sweet potato fries they're great. My wife had the Bison burger with truffled blue cheese crumbles that she really enjoyed. My only complaint was that we were too full for desert

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nyack, New York
“New location in West Nyack, NY is good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This restaurant is in what in the past has been a damned location despite being right across Rt. 303 from the Palisades Center mall. Where the other restaurants have failed, based on my one visit so far, this one might make it, mainly because the concept is clear and the owner has made the concept work at two other locations.

As you might expect from a restaurant with 'burger; in its name, the burger menu has about 20 variations on the meat between buns theme, including a "pretzel burger," a half-pound of ground beef with maple bacon, cheddar and a fried egg on a pretzel bun. Most other varieties are also half-pound beef patties with a variety of toppings. Non-beef choices include a lamb burger, a turkey burger and the bison burger I ordered. There is also an extensive list of things you can add to your burger for about 75 cents each.

My bison burger came medium rare and was suspiciously juicy. I say that because bison is a very lean meat and is notoriously not juicy. Still, it tasted like bison and was perfectly cooked so I didn't ask too many questions. Burgers come with fries, but you can substitute cole slaw instead.

There is a full menu of starters (about 2 dozen), salads (ten) and entrees including several fish and a vegetarian option along with short ribs, St, Louis ribs, meatloaf and fried chicken, among others.

A full bar with a dozen draft beers, only a couple of standard American lagers, the rest more interesting, is set off from the large dining room.

I am sure they have desserts, too, but after a beer, a burger and fries I was too full to even think about that.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere