“Good beach” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dune Deck Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Westhampton Beach
Dune Deck Hotel
Dune Deck Hotel, Westhampton Beach, NY 11978   |
New York City, New York
“Good beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

The best I can say it is on the beach. Very ordinary rooms. Small pool
that closes at 5:00!! Forget a nice late swim after a day at beach..... Fighting to get pool chairs. Public restaurant that is noisy and crowded. Food is okay nothing special. No place for breakfast... Need to go to town for coffee!!

• Stayed July 2012

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Roselle Park, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Was just there this past weekend but their website must show the few nice rooms available. We booked a few rooms and all were furnished with old & dirty furniture (nothing like they show on their website). We also had many ants along the sink. We booked this place because of location - on the beach , the bar & rest. on the primises and the beautiful pool but was dissappointed that the pool closed @ 5. Should be open till at least dusk.
Some not all of us said we would probably go back but would request specific rooms.

Room Tip: Request a room with updated furnishings.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had our wedding in the hamptons this summer and we and all of our guests (close to 75 people) stayed at the Dune Deck for a long weekend. The pool, the beach, and the staff were amazing. We were a large crowd and they went out of their way to make sure everyone had everything they needed. The beach is gorgeous, and there are great public places/outdoor seating around the pool, deck and restaurant/bar area. The food at the restaurant was also surprisingly really good. Our guests are still raving about how much fun they had. I highly recommend the hotel for a large group and/or if you're planning a family/romantic weekend getaway.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I agree with the previous traveler that posted!! My boyfriend and I just stayed there and had a Terrific weekend! Everyone their was hepful and friendly! Never bad service! Couldn't ask for a better location, especialy when you didn't even have to leave the hotel! Pool and Beach right there for you to enjoy and then the restaurant with plenty of outdoor seating and outdoor bar! FOOD was Terrific! Especially the clams and the pizza's! Yum! The band that played on Saturday night was great and drew a good and fun crowd! Such a good time! JoAnne who runs the place is also Terrific and always makes sure the customers are doing well and having a good time! Loved it and cannot wait to visit again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bayside,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We don't agree with the last 2 reviews

We have just returned from a long weekend (one of many that we have spent at Dune Deck)

The rooms are spotless, the staff always has a smile and is ready to help in any way that they can

We have stayed at other Hamptons resorts and B&B's

This is definitely the best value for the money considering the ease of access to a private

beach,pool,restaurant with water views, live bands in July & Aug, ocean front rooms

Did I mention complimentary bagels and coffee on weekends which you can enjoy on the

outdoor deck and not have to drive to town

We consider this our summer home out East

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cold country, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Small rooms...horrendous bathrooms, no amenities at all, no coffee pot, not even a pencil by the phone!! Needs a LOT of repairs and modernizing. The place has potential due to the location but don't stay there please. Needs complete overhaul!

Room Tip: No room is decent for what they charge!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Massapequa Park, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I have stayed there a couple of times in June with my girlfriends. Joann, the woman who runs the hotel, does not call you back or email you back if you contact her in Jan - April to book your summer vacation. I also called her to book a 200 person event for the end of the season, and she blew me off! They are rude and have no consideration for people that need to plan ahead.

I originally called the last week of January to get information on having my event, so I could make a decision and book a venue by mid February. She was supposed to get back to me right away, but after 3 emails I finally got an email back at the end of Feb, that she was on vacation, didn't have any information, because she was waiting on a call back, and she would get back to me on Feb 28th. She could have emailed me before she went on vacation to tell me that..but nope. The morning of Feb 28th I sent one last email expressing how I was coming out to the Hampton's the next weekend to book and put a deposit on a venue, and I looked forward to her response as she promised, later that day...nothing! I have still not heard back from her, and today is March 6th!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Dune Deck Hotel? Share your experiences!