“Grassmete Inn Westhampton” 5 of 5 stars

Salzburg, Austria
“Grassmete Inn Westhampton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

The Grassmere is one of the most cozy places I stayed in the Hampton
The location which is walking distance from the village allows you to have a very relaxing walk and enjoying the trendy shops in town.
The service is also one of the highlights....the people makes you feel part of the family and not like an additional guest.
We enjoyed the entire week we spent at the Grassmere :-)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

Very warm atmosphere. Quaint accomodations. The staff provides personal attention. The town of Westhampton Beach is delightful. The center of town is a five minute walk from the Grassmere.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

I have stayed at the Grassmere several times, except for a few short breaks in the spring/summer, I've always stayed at least a month at the time, sometimes way longer than that.
When it comes to location, you simply can't beat the Grassmere. Sure there's not a ton of places around it open in the winter, but that's just how the Hamptons are. You can walk to the beach in 5-10 minutes, you can sit on the patio in the summer and just enjoy the sun, and you have all restaurants and bars of WHB just minutes away. There's literally no need to ever use your car while staying at the Inn, unless you are going to take the train, which is $10 in a cab, or a 5 minute drive to the station either at Westhampton or Speonk.

If you come out there expecting the Hyatt or the Four Seasons, you will be disappointed for sure - the building is older (just like everything in the Hamptons...) and the rooms are smaller, which to many people (me included) just makes it a lot more charming.

The staff (and the owner, Peter) were very helpful and always accommodated any requests I had, and also several times shuttled me back and forth to the beach, LIRR and the Jitney stop by the Gabreski Airport.

I also had some spectacular weekends here with my girlfriend, and I would have to look very hard to find a more romantic spot than the Grassmere and Westhampton Beach, and I have travelled the world many times over.

I know for sure I will keep coming back year after year - to me, there's simply no competition on the East End.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Tubingen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

We stayed last year and had a blast. The hotel is very cozy and you feel at home. The hotel is great located, you are just blocks away from the beach and from all the shops and restaurants.
Breakfast is great in the hotel, and the best is that you can participate in the tennis porgram they offer. They have really great tennis pros and the tennis camp help me improve my tennis and have a good time. The kids really enjoyed, now that we are back home in Germany they both wants tennis lessons everyday :-)

Would are planning already in going again this year.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011 via mobile

From the sweet,eager concierge who helped unload my car and ease us through an effortless check-in,the amazing welcome drinks and the fun and young Westhampton nightlife, I thought this just couldnt be real. I kept checking for some reality show camera because it was all too good to be true. Peter was there to make sure we were okay with our plans for the day of tennis at the quaint cold buffet breakfast at the inn and if we needed a lift the courts....oh....and be ready to be drilled....Eastside is serious about their tennis. The pros are hardcore! The only thing I would say to the staff about the weekend was....at the weekend barbecue....maybe a cocktail instead of lemonade?Just sayin....Moreover if you forgot tennis clothes or just want a great deal on some nike apparel, check out kimberlys on mainstreet,Grassmere Inn customers get ten to twenty percent depending on the start or end of season. I heart the Grassmere Inn!!!

• Stayed August 2010
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

Located smack dab in the middle of Westhampton Beach, equally between beach, food and shopping sits a lovely, gracious grand-dame of an inn. I have vacationed with my daughter and friends there for over 10 years. Have found accomodations to be clean, neat and basic, though not luxurious, with staff, including Peter Kaplan and his wife, Allison, always gracious and eager to please. Guests are quite friendly. If you want a quiet relaxing atmosphere in the middle of the hectic summer Hamptons, the Inn is for you.

Cannot speak directly to the tennis program as I am totally athletically challenged, but a friend of mine who has taken lessons in the past has told me that her lessons were taught by a top-notch pro, the courts were well kept and that transportation was provided both ways.

Great value for those looking to get away for some peace and quiet.

• Stayed July 2010
Nokomis, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

The teniis/inn package seemed like a great deal but between the great tennis instruction and courts & the super friendly inn turned out to be a fabulous holiday. Additionally being so close to a beautiful beach and the charming town was terrific. I don't think I drove once while there (which is a treat for me). The tennis program for my teenage daugher was tops and the Inn was comfortable, clean and well run; the on-site owners couldn't do enough for us and were very unrushed and friendly. ( Is this NY really?) The buffet breakfast was excellent. After those long, tough days on clay and sand, it was nice just to sit on the inn's spacious front proch inhaling the fresh sea air. What a life!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Grassmere Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!