“I Love This Place” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   7 Beach Lane, Westhampton Beach, NY 11978   |
Riverside, Connecticut
“I Love This Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

Grassmere Inn is like home for me and my family. Every chance I get I call up Peter to request a few rooms. I am amazed at how peaceful the town is and the location of the Grassmere Inn is ideal. When my mom comes with us, it is a perfect situation because she can walk on her own to shop. I will not stay anywhere else when I am in Long Island!

Thank you Peter Kaplan & Company!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I stayed at Grassmere with two friends the first week in June, and we had a really great time. This B&B was charming and picturesque, very comfortable, and the staff was lovely. There's a front porch where you can relax on a cool summer night. I've actually been there twice now and had a pleasant experience both times. And as a plus, they provide eco-friendly toiletries (if you value such details). You will also get a discount for your beach pass by staying here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Karlsruhe, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

The location was really nice, even if I strongly recommend to rent a car, because the beach is close by car. The inn met with our expectation. It was lovely, romantic in the middle of Westhampton, restaurants, small bars, cinema, shops are within walkin distance (a few minutes). The breakfast is fine, was included a lot of fruits, cakes and yoghurts (no cold cuts). The staff were extremely helpful, arranged everything for us (rent a car, taxi service, recommendations for good restaurants, highlights).
The room and the inn was old and not newly renovated, but that`s what it gives its beauty. We had a really nice time there with my boyfriend and I can recommend to everybody who would like to escape a little bit from New York and spend a relaxing night(s) in a romantic place.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Terrific location 1 mile from the beach. The place is run by the nicest NY family with a true Long Island atmosphere. This is what the Hamptons should be all about. The main House is Vintage but very well kept. The rooms are clean and spacious. I read some of the reviews and I was very surprised as my experience was nothing like it. You should contact the owner directly for the best experience. He can fix you up with a true Tennis pro or a Division 1 tennis player. He also provides beach passes and great dinner suggestions. If you really want to enjoy the Westhampton experience, I recommend you come to the Grassmere Inn.

Little Egg Harbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

What a wonderful, relaxing time I had at this cozy, friendly B&B! The staff was so courteous and really went out of their way to make me feel welcome, which was so appreciated as I was traveling alone. The room was clean and simple, and there was a lovely common area and beautiful porch to hang out on and chat with other guests, who were all quite friendly, interesting and from all walks of life and age groups. I'm looking forward to my next Hampton getaway, and will definitely be returning to Grassmere!!!! P.S. Also very close to town and beach. Everything is so convenient!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
new rochelle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

my husband and booked a 2 night stay here for mid June. I agree with every negative review I've just read - we experienced most of the problems. Rock hard bed, linty pilled blanket/cover, only one light in our room - a table lamp, frayed rug, disgusting bathroom. the bathroom had cracked and stained linoleum, mold on the bottom of the shower cutain, cracked shower wall and mold on the sink faucets. the fan in the bathroom sounded like a jet engine. if the room next door ran the shower (I am assuming it was the room next door) it sounded like it was in the bed with you. Breakfast was a joke - entemanns pound cake (I saw the box in the kitchen) cut up fruit and some cereal in little boxes. we did not stay the 2nd njght, but we left at around 8 pm that evening. There was a young girl at the desk and we explained why we were leaving - she offered to have the owner call us. My husband left our number but 3 days later we still have not heard from him. And if the owner does respond to this, please do not say the president of Israel stayed in the room. Oh, and there were little red ants on the door jamb in the bathroom

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

It's a little rustic but they won't tell you otherwise. What's important is that it's clean, comfortable and relaxing. I was made to feel right at home. The location is great, central to everything the area offers. That being said, you don't have to have a car, which is refreshing. We went for the tennis and had an amazing time at the Academy. The instruction was first rate.

Room Tip: Ask. They are very open about room choices