“Better than we expected....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 20 Restaurants in Westfield
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Better than we expected....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We made our way to this spot mostly for the lake view. We sat out on the patio, which is furnished with your local park's round, metallic picnic tables so nothing you'd want to sit on for more than an hour. Service was fairly slow and indifferent but the beer was good, the view was nice and surprisingly, the salad we shared was delicious and more than enough for 2. We wouldn't choose this place for a romantic meal but for a snack, a beer and a view of the lake, it fit the bill.

Visited June 2013

Fredonia, New York
“Poor service leads to lost customers.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We chose this restaurant because it was a beautiful summer evening, and it is right on the shore of Lake Erie. Our party of four (with a reservation) was seated in a not full dining room. We waited 25 minutes without being greeted, offered a drink, or an explanation for the wait. We tried to make eye contact with some of the servers, but it seems we weren't in their sections. When we heard a waitress apologize to other diners for their food taking so long, we left. The food may be good, but we will never know.

Visited June 2013
North East, Pennsylvania
“Service good, food was not!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Not impressed. Service was good but the food was not. Six of us ordered prime rib, either rare or medium rare. They all came out medium well, dry and had no flavor. The shrimp scampi had no sauce. Two had filet mignon, which was half the size of any other we've had and it wasn't cooked properly either. The prices are too high for what you get. The restaurant needs a make over.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Macedon, New York
“Great location and sunset views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

To start with my wife and I are "summer dwellers" in the Chautauqua County area so we are there April thru October.
We have been to Zebros on a number of occasions over the years, by ourselves and with friends and family.
I looked at some of the other reviews prior to writing mine just to see what the prevailing feel was.
Firstly, it's a great place to have an adult beverage on the patio while watching one of the many fantastic sunsets on Lake Erie.
Secondly, weather cooperating, it's great to be able to dine outdoors on the patio and soak up the summer (the little we have up North).
Thirdly, the prices are a bit on the upper side and the first time dinning there I was hesitant to order the fried shrimp for 19.95 as this ain't Florida. I was quite pleased with the size of the shrimp as well as the quantity. That being said, we took friends there several summers ago as I bragged about the shrimp (size). Well for whatever reason (1st time) I chose to order the fried haddock dinner while my buddy ordered the shrimp. When the dinners came I was shocked and embarased at the "shrimpy" size of the shrimp. Here I had pumped this guy all up for very large shrimp and he got minerature sized shrimp. I don't know what happened but they should have increased the portion to compensate for small size of the shrimp. Bad mistake on their part as our friends never went back.
We were there this August and I braved myself and ordered the fried shrimp. Thank goodness that they were once again large in size.
All in all, it's a nice place (a great location when fireworks are being set off nearby) and a bit pricy.
On a side note...We held a party in the outside party area several years ago. We had ordered a pig roast which was very good.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“Decent food, over-priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We went there for my grandparents 60th anniversary party last night. I will start off with the positive, it has a nice view. The food was just okay but frankly, over-priced. I had the crab cakes for around $20; they were decent size but the taste was just alight. My wife had shrimp scampi and I would say the same thing about her dinner. Frankly, we have had better seafood and Red Lobster, and for a lower price.

• Visited September 2012