“Too loud poor service” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Poughkeepsie
“Too loud poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Food was decent. My husband had snow crab he said it was a bit too soft, I had a plate with fried shrimp, fried crab and fried scallop, it was good but the crab was soaked in oil.
We had a coupon for a free appetizer, the waitress brought the main dish and forgot the appetizer. When the manager came over to us asking if everything was ok we said we didnt get the appetizer and we still waited for another 15min to get it. It was a basket of shrimp, it was extremely spicy.
After we were done we waited for at least 15min for the waitress to show up and take the plates away, she was probably taking a break!
The music was excessively loud, we couldnt hear it each other and we couldnt hear the waitress.

The prices are decent.

A lot of teenagers, its a very loud place we are not planning on visiting again.

Visited May 2014

“Friends and Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was having a friend and her husband visit from out of state and we wanted some type of fish for dinner. A lot of casual places don't take reservations, but since there were going to be 6 of us I called. I was pleasantly surprised that they did. Not only that, they texted me my confirmation. My husband and I arrived early, but checked in. We were told we would get a text when our table was ready. My friend and family arrived, just as I received the text for our table. Our server was very pleasant. We got water and drinks promptly, as well as our appetizers. We were enjoying time catching up and so did not notice if the food took a while to come. When it arrived, it was piping hot and exactly what we ordered. I had the coconut shrimp and loved it! The portion was large so I had leftovers for the next day. When finished, our plates were removed in a timely fashion. They were very busy but did not rush us. If you enjoy "working" at your food, they have a selection of different "pots" you can get with crab legs, king crab, etc. They also have chicken, steak and burgers, if someone in your group doesn't like fish. We watched them serve some interesting tropical drinks with cute things on the glass, like a shark!. The bar appeared to have an extensive variety of alcohol. I enjoyed everything about this restaurant and I would definitely go back again. This is a casual restaurant, meant to hang a bit with family and friends, the food is delicious, but it is not meant to be 5 star dining, but it was 5 star service.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hempstead, New York
“Average meal. Not worth the wait!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This was my second visit to this new location during lunch and both times I waited more than 30 minutes for my meal. It would be worth it if the food knocked my socks off, but it did not. It was just average.

• Visited March 2014