“What happened to my favorite chain?” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Description: Zip 11590
Description: Zip 11590
Manchester, New Hampshire
“What happened to my favorite chain?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I usually don't eat at chain restaurants when I travel, preferring more local establishments. However, I usually enjoy Ruby Tuesday because I can get a good bowl of soup and a large salad for a reasonable price and stay pretty healthy. So, when I stay at the Holiday Inn in Westbury, NY I love that there is a Ruby Tuesday right across the street. But, I have to say, I was very disappointed with this visit. The white bean chicken chili wasn't on the menu, so I ordered chicken noodle soup to go with the salad bar, but it was so salty it was almost inedible. I am VERY sensitive to salt and an hour later my fingers were swollen to the point I could not wear my rings. While the salad bar was solid as usual, I was disappointed by slightly soggy cucumbers and tomatoes on the mealy side. Usually when I get back to my table I find the signature biscuits at my place, but it appears that this particular restaurant doesn't serve them, or perhaps they no longer come with the Combo deal? I was hoping to add them to my meal, as when I travel for ork my meal times are very limited and, as a result, I generally only have time for one meal a day. My Diet Coke was pretty watered-down, too. On the plus side, my server was friendly and quick. But, I have to say, I was excited to be in the same hotel for three nights in a row, in part because I could get a good, quick meal for dinner. Sadly, I will explore other options for tomorrow based on my experience tonight. My meal at a RT in NJ earlier this fall was excellent, so maybe it is this particular location?

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Mohegan Lake, New York
“One of the Best Chain Restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

This is my second time at a Ruby Tuesday (the other in Fishkill, NY - see review) and it was just as good as the first time. Food was hot and delicious. My baby back ribs were soft and tender. My wife's salmon was juicy and moist. Add the fact that they have a awesome salad bar and its easy to see why Ruby Tuesday is one of the most underrated chains out there. I highly recommend it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere