“Poor service...bad first impression” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
New York City, New York
“Poor service...bad first impression”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

This was my first time at this restaurant and I was severely disappointed. I went for late night dinner and it was bar service only. Once we finally got a booth, we had to repeatedly ask more than waiter to have the table cleaned off from previous people and finally the table was cleared after a longer than usual time. Then the waiter didn't give us menus when we sat, we all shared one menu left behind for the longest before we each received our own. This was one of the most inattentive waiters I've ever seen! After ordering my meal with an added side salad, he forgot to bring my salad and I had to ask about it and he brought it once I was halfway through my meal, only time he acknowledged a fault and didn't charge me for it. It's really a shame that this was my first experience and bad impression based on service because the food wasn't that bad. The stuffed chicken entree with veggies and mashed potatoes was well seasoned and flavorful. I'm not eager to return though...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Alex H, Public Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Hello there, thank you for taking the time to review us. We're very sorry to hear about your experience. We will be letting the Area Director know about your experience. Would you like us to contact you? If so, kindly email us at alexhoulihans@gmail.com. Thank you again.

Westbury, New York
“Fallen on hard times”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Poor service, mediocre menu, burgers come on whole wheat roll and there's isn't a substitute choice. Soggy fries