“Staff are great but can't make up for serious deficiencies” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Long Island

You added Red Roof Plus+ Long Island to your Saves list
Red Roof Plus+ Long Island
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   699 Dibblee Drive, Meadowbrook Parkway at Zeckendorf Boulevard, Exit M2-E, Westbury, NY 11590   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Westbury
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Staff are great but can't make up for serious deficiencies”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I've stayed at this property at least 5 times in the last 3 years and this will be it for me. If you just wish a reasonable room this is the place, but not if you have more than one person in the room as the standard is now one towel/washcloth per room " they aren't hiring in the laundry", or if you need a phone menu (card thingy that tells you what the buttons do) "sorry we don't have any more" missing for the entire 3 day stay.

Staff are friendly, when I checked in there were NO towels in my first room and the phone was DOA along with a wedding party on our floor (4th) that was smoking (in a nonsmoking hotel) so we were moved to another room, 1 towel and washcloth and the phone worked but no menu. The night person was apologetic but it appeared that his supervisor knew the partiers as he kept bringing towels (that didn’t exist for us) to their room.

Avoid this place and try the Holiday Inn Express seconds away next to Best Buy and DSW.

Room Tip: Try the Holiday Inn less than 2 blocks away!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Long Island, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for your review on your recent visit with us. Our goal is to make sure that your stay is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, and it looks as if we have failed to deliver here. Your comments are very valuable to us as we use them to get better each day. I will be sure to share these comments with my team and we hope that you will give us another try in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Actually, i'm pretty easy. Well, you readers can decide for yourselves....
Any hotel or motel that provides me with a clean room,and a good bed, and has a friendy. attentive, courteous, patient and efficient staff, I'm that property's best friend. That said, it's hard to find......But, if you need a hotel in or near Westbury, Garden City, Carle Place etc, I highly reccomend this Red Roof Inn.
I just completed a three day stay, and have stayed at this property frequently. Both a few years ago, and this year.For various reasons, there are rooms that i prefer. When I've called a day or two ahead, if those rooms are available the staff has saved the room for me. Both Danny and Edith have done that for me. And they are both always friendly and full of smiles. Wanda has given me great directions and advice on local food.
Amd she also is a ray of sunshine. I know all their voices when i call. Richard, the manager, has been very nice to me. Adanna, the assistant manager, one night there was a problem with my reservation, the young lady working the desk could not get it resolved, Adanna overheard from the next room and came to the rescue, got me in to a great room and resolved the paperwork problem quickly. She is always super friendly, and is very much on the ball. Ryan has been very nice, on the overnight shift, and Joseph and Andrew the new guys, are eager, quick, and bright eyed. Very friendly. The security guards make rounds at night, are visible, and are polite, well dressed and friendly. The rooms are clean! Remodeled recently, and well appointed. the furniture is good, and new. The property is far nicer than any other Red Roof Inn I've stayed in, and the staff, well, you can't beat the current staff.
Peopel are human, and things are things- things happen. So, i never jump down anyone's throat unless they really push or ask for it. But if something is bad enough , i'll raise holy hell. After 6 or 7 stays at this hotel this year, i can't say anything went wrong at all. There were some little, really little things once or twice, the staff made the little things go way pronto! Immediately, if not sooner! It's a great place to stay.

Room Tip: It's a non smoking property, so that helps make all rooms more inviting.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Long Island, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for the great comments. Our goal is to provide a perfect stay for each and every guest, and it looks like we have done that here. The staff will be thrilled to read all of your kind comments. We look forward to your next visit with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I had the occasion to stay here while making deliveries in the area. Check in was a breeze. There was room for my rig and it was easy in and out. They put me on the first floor near the exit for my dog.

• Stayed November 2013
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Long Island, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was convenient for you. Being one of the few pet friendly hotels in the area it is always a nice option to be able to bring your pet with you on your travels. We thank you for the comments and we hope to see you again real soon.
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great value for money, really nicely appointed and comfortable rooms. The only negative was that the reception lady was really indifferent and not at all friendly. Otherwise excellent option for this area of NY.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Long Island, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad you had a comfortable stay with us, but feel we could have done a better job delivering the perfect stay. For each and every guest that walks through our doors we want their stay to be memorable and I can assure you that your next visit will be just that. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and we look forward to seeing you real soon.
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had a really nice stay at this hotel. From the moment I arrived I was treated like a VIP. They have some really nice restaurants nearby. I can suggest Vincente's where, again, we were treated like family. The rooms at this hotel are very spacious, clean and had everything I needed. The hotel is conveniently located near the Mineola train station that has easy access to the city on the Long Island railway right into Penn Station. And access to LaGuardia airport was very simple via the freeway. I will be returning to the Red Roof Long Island when I come back to Garden City.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Long Island, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
We are so thrilled that you had an excellent stay from the moment you walked in the door to the moment that you left. As you mentioned the local area, I do have to say there is definitely not a shortage of things to do or great restaurants to experience, as we have it all here at the Red Roof Inn Long Island. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and we hope to see you again real soon.
Sebastian, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here for two nights prior to a cruise and for 5 nights following the cruise. On our first stay everything was great. Nice clean room, comfy bed, and good service. When we returned it was a different story. The room was clean upon check in, but after that only the bathroom and bed were OK. The rest of the room and floor was very dusty. I asked to have it cleaned, but it wasn't done so I did it myself with a towel. I had asked that we get extra bath towels each day and an extra shampoo. Even though I made this request through the desk and directly with the maid, it didn't happen. We ended up sharing towels several times. We also went to the drug store and purchased our own shampoo. The maid failed to leave us with Kleenex too, but we used toilet tissue. To be fair, the manager did remove a days charges from our bill which of course I did appreciate. I just wish we had the same good service for our 5 night stay that we did for our 2 night stay. The hotel is really nice and most people would be happy with the rooms and the beds. I have a bad back, and I need good beds. I've never had an issue here before with the room or the bedding. I will still recommend this property, and will stay there again for sure. Only thing is, next time I will not stay in a room serviced by the maid who did our second visit. This hotel is convenient and a great value for the area. This is the only time I've ever stayed at a property for more than 2 nights that we didn't leave a tip for housekeeping.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper don't get a first floor room near the exit door as you'll be w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review. I do apologize for the experience you had at our inn. Our number one goal is to provide great service each and every time, and it seems that we failed deliver on the second stay you had with us. Your comments are extremely valued and I will be sure to take this feedback back to my team so we can use it to get better. We do hope you will give us another try if your travels bring you back to Long Island.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I booked a room here to attend a family wedding via agoda.com for double beds but when i got to the hotel my reservation was not there (in all fairness i booked it at 11am and it was 5pm) I ended up canceling my reservation with agoda.com. As i was preparing to make another arrangements, there was a cancellation for double beds and the front desk booked me quickly for that room. The front desk, Elexis and Danilo, were extremely helpful and understanding!! They saved me from numerous calls and online searches.

We were in our nice clean cool room and headed to the reception.

The hotel has a business center and free coffee and tea which was really good!

As a pet lover i loved seeing all owners with their dogs!

The hotel is not far from the Roosevelt field mall as well as a movie theater and other dining establishments.

The beds are ubber comfortable and ample parking in the front and the back.

The sink was outside the bathroom.

The only thing that i have to say that was bothersome was the fire alarm going off at 6am.

This was a great stay and even thinking of going back hopefully soon

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review on your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the new Serta beds to be extra comfortable. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team, as the comments and feedback is very beneficial for us. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Long Island.

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Long Island? Share your experiences!