“I would recommend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Long Island

You added Red Roof Plus+ Long Island to your Saves list
Red Roof Plus+ Long Island
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   699 Dibblee Drive, Meadowbrook Parkway at Zeckendorf Boulevard, Exit M2-E, Westbury, NY 11590   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Westbury
St. Petersburg, Florida
“I would recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had a really nice stay at this hotel. From the moment I arrived I was treated like a VIP. They have some really nice restaurants nearby. I can suggest Vincente's where, again, we were treated like family. The rooms at this hotel are very spacious, clean and had everything I needed. The hotel is conveniently located near the Mineola train station that has easy access to the city on the Long Island railway right into Penn Station. And access to LaGuardia airport was very simple via the freeway. I will be returning to the Red Roof Long Island when I come back to Garden City.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Long Island, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
We are so thrilled that you had an excellent stay from the moment you walked in the door to the moment that you left. As you mentioned the local area, I do have to say there is definitely not a shortage of things to do or great restaurants to experience, as we have it all here at the Red Roof Inn Long Island. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and we hope to see you again real soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Sebastian, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here for two nights prior to a cruise and for 5 nights following the cruise. On our first stay everything was great. Nice clean room, comfy bed, and good service. When we returned it was a different story. The room was clean upon check in, but after that only the bathroom and bed were OK. The rest of the room and floor was very dusty. I asked to have it cleaned, but it wasn't done so I did it myself with a towel. I had asked that we get extra bath towels each day and an extra shampoo. Even though I made this request through the desk and directly with the maid, it didn't happen. We ended up sharing towels several times. We also went to the drug store and purchased our own shampoo. The maid failed to leave us with Kleenex too, but we used toilet tissue. To be fair, the manager did remove a days charges from our bill which of course I did appreciate. I just wish we had the same good service for our 5 night stay that we did for our 2 night stay. The hotel is really nice and most people would be happy with the rooms and the beds. I have a bad back, and I need good beds. I've never had an issue here before with the room or the bedding. I will still recommend this property, and will stay there again for sure. Only thing is, next time I will not stay in a room serviced by the maid who did our second visit. This hotel is convenient and a great value for the area. This is the only time I've ever stayed at a property for more than 2 nights that we didn't leave a tip for housekeeping.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper don't get a first floor room near the exit door as you'll be w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review. I do apologize for the experience you had at our inn. Our number one goal is to provide great service each and every time, and it seems that we failed deliver on the second stay you had with us. Your comments are extremely valued and I will be sure to take this feedback back to my team so we can use it to get better. We do hope you will give us another try if your travels bring you back to Long Island.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I booked a room here to attend a family wedding via agoda.com for double beds but when i got to the hotel my reservation was not there (in all fairness i booked it at 11am and it was 5pm) I ended up canceling my reservation with agoda.com. As i was preparing to make another arrangements, there was a cancellation for double beds and the front desk booked me quickly for that room. The front desk, Elexis and Danilo, were extremely helpful and understanding!! They saved me from numerous calls and online searches.

We were in our nice clean cool room and headed to the reception.

The hotel has a business center and free coffee and tea which was really good!

As a pet lover i loved seeing all owners with their dogs!

The hotel is not far from the Roosevelt field mall as well as a movie theater and other dining establishments.

The beds are ubber comfortable and ample parking in the front and the back.

The sink was outside the bathroom.

The only thing that i have to say that was bothersome was the fire alarm going off at 6am.

This was a great stay and even thinking of going back hopefully soon

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review on your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the new Serta beds to be extra comfortable. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team, as the comments and feedback is very beneficial for us. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Long Island.
Lutz, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stay here every time I come to Long Island. The staff has always been nice. The room is clean, bed is comfi. My biggest complaint is the limited TV channels available. The price for a room is excellent for the area. I will continue to stay there as long as their prices remain affordable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Long Island, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay. We always appreciate feedback as it gives us ideas and makes us better every day. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Overall the rooms were clean, but it didn't seem to have the best guests. One night the room next to us was extremely loud during the very early morning ours. We called the front desk to complain and they said "that group had just walked in"...they were loud for a good 30 minutes. Another day I saw some dudes outside my window on the lawn (on hotel property) drinking several 24 packs of beer...it actually started with one guy and then several of his buddies joined the party.

The good thing is it is close to some good shopping and an awesome juice bar called Nice N Natural.

If I can avoid staying here again I will.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Long Island, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that the stay did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I will share your comments with my team and the security staff. We do hope that you will return soon so we can have the opportunity to deliver a perfect stay.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My family needed to find a hotel in Long Island for a funeral. It's amazing how few choices and how bad the ratings as you get east of NYC. This hotel was at the right price range- we had two rooms, was clean and the staff was terrific. They had coffee and vending machines, but didn't have problems finding an extra room and extending our internet price. The internet connection is slow, and they really didn't have any amenities like we're used to, but the price was right, and the rooms were clean, with an in room safe. The employees we met have no real decision making authority, but did the best they could, and at half the price of better known brands. They also are right off the highway, and you could walk to the nearby mall if you needed to.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Long Island, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for the review on your recent stay with us. We are glad that you were able to have a comfortable experience. We know that you have many options when coming to the Long Island area, but with our recent renovations and location you can’t go wrong. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and we look forward to your next visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

While its frustrating to wait online to be checked in - it takes 5 minutes when it's your turn. A big turn off for me is overflowing garbage - which was evident since the garbage can was right before entering the premises. Anyway - the front desk staff was efficient and processed me quickly. As I got into the elevator - the top looks like its gonna break apart. Once I arrived to my assigned room - everything was on point. Bed was clean, good water pressure, clean towels. I have come to this location many times and I would say 95% of the time it's great. I absolutely recommend. Will return:)

• Stayed August 2013
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Long Island, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. We do apologize for your arrival experience not being up to par. We are glad that the rest of your stay was more enjoyable and appreciate the nice comments. Your feedback is very important to us as we use it to get better every day. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff and we hope to see you again real soon.

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Long Island? Share your experiences!