“STAY AWAY!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 97 Restaurants in Westbury
Cuisines: Latin
Description: La Casa Latina is a tapas bar in Westbury, NY serving Spanish and Latin fusion dishes made from scratch straight out of the kitchen!
New York City, New York
“STAY AWAY!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

STAY AWAY!!!! We are a family of four and tried it for the first time. How disappointing!! we actually bought a Groupon on line and didn't realize that the fine print stated we had to book a 6pm reservation. OK, we show up at 8pm. The place was completely dead!! There were 3 tables and one of them was yelling at the chef! We decided to stay and try it anyway. We were seated, but waited 15 min for a cocktail. The food was just OK, but they forgot a few of our dishes. This is coming from a Hispanic woman. They would not take my Groupon because it was past 6pm. The place was empty and the food wasn't great!!!!! Really?? Is that what you call customer service?? I will never step foot in that place again. No Customer Service skills whatsoever. The Manager actually told me that he wont make any money on my Groupon!! Nice Move Manager! Where did you learn your Customer Service skills??? You missed the big picture!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Roberto H, Owner at La Casa Latina, responded to this review, October 16, 2014
I know it's been a little while since you left this review, but I wanted to reach out and apologize that you were left with such a bad impression of us. I can definitely understand why you'd be frustrated after an experience like this. On that note, I'm surprised your service was sub par, especially since that's very out of character for us.

That said, as far as the Groupon, I'm sorry we didn't make the stipulations clearer -- we certainly didn't mean for that to cause any frustration. I really do hope you'll give us another chance to show you how great dining with us can be.

All the best,
Roberto, Chef

New York City, New York
“Like it but ....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Used to be better. Small local restaurant. Decent steaks, like the rice but not crazy about the beans. Love the flan.

Visited January 2013
Roberto H, Owner at La Casa Latina, responded to this review, October 17, 2014
I know it's been quite a while since you left this review, but I just realized that I never got a chance to reach out. Though I'm glad you're a fan of some menu items, like the flan, I'm disappointed that we haven't always been able to blow you away. I hope you'll come back soon and give us the chance to really impress.

All the best,
Roberto, Chef
Merrick, New York
“Very nice st aff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Nice server and manager. Had a discount coupon for this restaurant. The best fish tacos I ever had. My friend had the ceviche. Also very good. I will return for drinks and small plates.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful place! Definitely going back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

Went on a date here the food was great and so was the service! Nice family owned place...serene decor...great food once again! Definitely going back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
USA
“A Lot Of Potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The owner is the head chef at a great local steak house. The prices and location are good. Some of the food is very good and some is not. They really need to work on consistency and service. The staff is weak. Very nice, but very slow and inexperienced. They do not seem to know, for example, the difference between vodka sauce and marinara suace. The steak one us ordered medium came out raw - this should not happen- especially with the owner's experience. They kept asking will we come back? Not for a while. But we will give it a chance in a few months to see if they get their act together.

• Visited April 2012